• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

Details Emerge Regarding Michelle MacLaren's Departure from WONDER WOMAN

"MacLaren had some very particular visions for the film, visions that maybe would have alienated fandom. Although perhaps Diana having a tiger sidekick/pet she could talk with would have appealed to people more than I expect."

Dude! It's spelled W-O-N-D-E-R Woman, not C-A-T Woman. :facepalm:

I guess Steve Trevor has not been cast yet.

Possible Candidates for Steve Trevor in WONDER WOMAN

On today's "Meet the Movie Press", Jeff Sneider dropped some potential candidates for the role of Steve Trevor in 2017's superhero film 'Wonder Woman'. Who were these actors being considered? Alexander Skarsgard and Liam Hemsworth. It came up when the topic shifted to Scott Eastwood and who'd he'd be playing and unspecified role in Suicide Squad. Snieder said how both Hemsworth and Skargard were some of the names being looked at for Steve Trevor, since Scott Eastwood declined the role.

Why Michelle MacLaren Left 'Wonder Woman'

McLaren left the project due to creative differences. Insider sources say that MacLaren's vision for Wonder Woman was an origin story akin to 'Braveheart' filled with war and epic battles.

It strayed away from Warner Bros. take, which is said to be a character-driven story with less action. The studio executives doubted MacLaren's experience with such a high-profile film as she is only known for directing episodes of HBO's Game of Thrones, AMC's Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead.

McLaren left the project due to creative differences. Insider sources say that MacLaren's vision for Wonder Woman was an origin story akin to 'Braveheart' filled with war and epic battles.

It strayed away from Warner Bros. take, which is said to be a character-driven story with less action. The studio executives doubted MacLaren's experience with such a high-profile film as she is only known for directing episodes of HBO's Game of Thrones, AMC's Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead.

Really loved those sweeping epic battle scenes in Breaking Bad and WD. Wanted to stand up and yell Sparta after them.

Really loved those sweeping epic battle scenes in Breaking Bad and WD. Wanted to stand up and yell Sparta after them.

Maybe Lauren Montogomery is available?

Her animated directing efforts include the spectacular Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, the solid Wonder Woman, Green Lantern: First Flight and Superman: Doomsday, plus the best segment in Green Lantern: Emerald Knights.

Plus, she's a chick (a very cute one) who knows her woman superheroes. My 2c

It doesn't translate. Animated film directors have a completely different skill set than live-action directors. They'd never even consider one.
I see what you mean on the majority of animated directors.

But, Brad Bird did the a fine job with Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol after all of his animated efforts for at least one example that comes to mind.

i see him more for green lantern over steve.

That's what I was thinking. Especially when he is throwing out wisecracks during stressful situations. He would be great as Hal Jordan.

I think he is 6' tall.

NO WAY... I read that too but his head is HUGE!!! I assumed also that he was comparable to Tom hardy because of that spy movie... And he's 5'9" - learn something every day I guess.