• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

Gal Gadot talks criticism and Wonder Woman’s powers

Interviewer: “When your casting was announced a lot of comic book nerd said that your body didn’t match Wonder Woman’s.”

Gal: “Don’t be shy. They said that I was too skinny and my boobs were too small.”

Interviewer: “Were you offended?”

Gal: “I’m really lucky nothing in my life was instantaneous. When I was younger I would take criticism really hard. But now it mostly amused me. The true Amazons had one boob so it won’t bother them in their archery. So it’s not going to be like real Amazons. We always try to make everyone happy: but we can’t.

Interviewer: “Between all this you have a career to run. You are on the fast track to be a comic and action start. How important is it for you not to be taken as just an action star?”

Gal: “I will never take for granted the job I have right now. Playing Wonder Woman is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I can’t describe to you how much I wanted to play this character without even knowing I wanted to play her.

I met a lot of people from the industry in LA for meetings. They always asked me ‘what’s your dream role?’, and I never could define it. I always answered that I wanted to play a woman that is strong and will be a source for women empowerment. I don’t want to play a damsel in distress that needs to be saved. I don’t like it when women in the movies are shown as victims. I always thought that if I could send out a message I want to show the strong side of a woman and how she can handle tough situations.”

If she brings that level of desire and motivation to the role, we could end up with a very impressive, realistic Wonder Woman.

BZ5nLruh.png

:wishluck:

Gal Gadot talks criticism and Wonder Woman’s powers

Interviewer: “When your casting was announced a lot of comic book nerd said that your body didn’t match Wonder Woman’s.”

Gal: “Don’t be shy. They said that I was too skinny and my boobs were too small.”

Interviewer: “Were you offended?"

Gal: “I’m really lucky nothing in my life was instantaneous. When I was younger I would take criticism really hard. But now it mostly amused me. The true Amazons had one boob so it won’t bother them in their archery. So it’s not going to be like real Amazons. We always try to make everyone happy: but we can’t.

Interviewer: “Between all this you have a career to run. You are on the fast track to be a comic and action start. How important is it for you not to be taken as just an action star?”

Gal: “I will never take for granted the job I have right now. Playing Wonder Woman is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I can’t describe to you how much I wanted to play this character without even knowing I wanted to play her.

I met a lot of people from the industry in LA for meetings. They always asked me ‘what’s your dream role?’, and I never could define it. I always answered that I wanted to play a woman that is strong and will be a source for women empowerment. I don’t want to play a damsel in distress that needs to be saved. I don’t like it when women in the movies are shown as victims. I always thought that if I could send out a message I want to show the strong side of a woman and how she can handle tough situations.”

If she brings that level of desire and motivation to the role, we could end up with a very impressive, realistic Wonder Woman.

:wishluck:

I just hope she doesnt end up cutting one boob to get there

Roughly 1 in 100 women are 6 feet tall, and if you assume that ratio, it suggests there are several million women in America alone to choose from who can also act and play a strong, physical role. Still can't believe they couldn't find one actress to fit the bill. ??? The "Amazon" frame is a fetish of mine when it comes to female body types, and that in part started for me with depictions of Wonder Woman being the same size as Superman and Batman in DC comics during the 80s and 90s and continued as I became interested in basketball and volleyball. Godot just isn't anywhere near the type, although she's somewhat tall. Body-wise, we're all going to prefer Linda Carter to her. (shrug)

On the plus side, she does have a vaguely Greek/Turkish facial appearance that matches the mythology. Or at least close enough to pass for it since she's Israeli.

On the plus side, she does have a vaguely Greek/Turkish facial appearance that matches the mythology. Or at least close enough to pass for it since she's Israeli.

I think that is what pulled them towards Gadot the most. Although Gemma Arterton could have pulled that off as well when you look at her Prince of Persia performance.

Arterton_2777653b.jpg

hm

Joss Whedon did say he wants to take a break from Marvel movies for a little bit, and focus on a female character for his next film.

And he did have that Wonder Woman -script.

Details Emerge Regarding Michelle MacLaren's Departure from WONDER WOMAN

"MacLaren had some very particular visions for the film, visions that maybe would have alienated fandom. Although perhaps Diana having a tiger sidekick/pet she could talk with would have appealed to people more than I expect."

:o

'Tiger sidekick'?

"MacLaren had some very particular visions for the film, visions that maybe would have alienated fandom. Although perhaps Diana having a tiger sidekick/pet she could talk with would have appealed to people more than I expect."

'Tiger sidekick'?

Taking ideas from He-Man is pure inspiration. :idea:

He_man_and_Battlecat_by_cormak.jpg

Who cares? It's a stupid talking tiger.

I hate all those animal side-kicks. Just silliness.

EDIT : "for superheroes" I should have qualified.

Some are wonderful...absolutely wonderful.

hobbes.jpg

Edited by Chip Cataldo

'Tiger sidekick'?

Someone's been watching Katy Perry's 'Roar" video a little too much, me thinks. Maybe 'Kitty Purry' has become the new symbol of trailblazing women. :shrug:

Someone's been watching Katy Perry's 'Roar" video a little too much, me thinks. Maybe 'Kitty Purry' has become the new symbol of trailblazing women. :shrug:

For you buddy, because you asked.

:whee: