• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM FF1

31 posts in this topic

This FF 1 is actually pretty sweet once you get past the color touch that's been scraped off.

Spine is nice (couple of tiny bug bites), free edge is nice.

I'm going to send it into Matt Nelson to make sure that all CT has been removed, but if we assume the CT is gone, how high do you suppose this could go?

get-attachmentaspx_zpscfc5fbaf.jpeg

get-attachment-1aspx_zpsc2d85087.jpeg

This is a 4.0 IMO . I have a Dilemma on this, I think it was pressed and caused that massive color break. Sharp corners, NO CHIPPING, It is a Nice book. I love my ff1 Its a similar grade but, I actually (Don't call me a Blasphemer) Do not send in my "Grails" to be Graded

This is a 4.0 IMO . I have a Dilemma on this, I think it was pressed and caused that massive color break. Sharp corners, NO CHIPPING, It is a Nice book. I love my ff1 Its a similar grade but, I actually (Don't call me a Blasphemer) Do not send in my "Grails" to be Graded

The book has not been pressed. There are actually many small dimples that will press out, and I also believe the crease on the back cover will look much better after a pressing.

Solid looking copy otherwise, but that scrape is a grade killer IMHO. I'd say 3.0- maybe 3.5 from CGC

Both CGC & CBCS graded this Hulk 1 as a 3.0 with two large chunks out of the cover. Surely my FF 1 could grade higher than 3.0. I'm starting to think it could get a 4.0.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-1-CBCS-3-0-White-Pages-1st-Appearance-Kirby-Cover-A-Beauty-/231357856407?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Solid looking copy otherwise, but that scrape is a grade killer IMHO. I'd say 3.0- maybe 3.5 from CGC

Both CGC & CBCS graded this Hulk 1 as a 3.0 with two large chunks out of the cover. Surely my FF 1 could grade higher than 3.0. I'm starting to think it could get a 4.0.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-1-CBCS-3-0-White-Pages-1st-Appearance-Kirby-Cover-A-Beauty-/231357856407?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

It could get a 4.0, or even a 4.5, as CGC seems to have a fairly broad range in the low to mid grades. I know I wouldn't consider it such, but then I may value eye appeal more than CGC when considering grade. I don't mean to knock your copy, it appears solid in many respects, but that large a scrape on the front cover is going to be the first thing that catches the eye no matter what the grade assigned. IMHO, that Hulk #1 is an example of being a bit easy on a couple of major flaws on an otherwise higher grade looking copy, that probably top out at 1.8 on an average copy. Here is another 3.0 Hulk #1 I know which one I'd rather have.

I'm at 3.5-4.0, and I'm leaning 4.0. As long as the scrape doesn't penetrate the cover.

Frankly, looking at it from a "buy the book, not the label" angle, I wouldn't even get that caught up in what it slabs out at. A structurally sound copy with relatively clean staples, a tight spine, and clean back cover is a slam dunk over some of the 3.5 or 4.0 examples out there, at least to me.

I'm at 3.5-4.0, and I'm leaning 4.0. As long as the scrape doesn't penetrate the cover.

Frankly, looking at it from a "buy the book, not the label" angle, I wouldn't even get that caught up in what it slabs out at. A structurally sound copy with relatively clean staples, a tight spine, and clean back cover is a slam dunk over some of the 3.5 or 4.0 examples out there, at least to me.

Agree,4.0/4.5 (thumbs u