• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the last hot book not movie/TV related?

63 posts in this topic

Basically any non-Batman DC book before the movie announcements/Flash tv show lol.

Flash 105

Flash 106

Green Lantern 76

Green Lantern 87

Jimmy 134

Forever People 1

Showcase 37

Showcase 55

Bats/Supes Annual 5

but I suppose the argument could be made that these saw uptick because of speculation like Darkseid, and Stewart showing up in future flicks. (shrug)

He said hot book which pretty much precludes any DC books :baiting:

Basically any non-Batman DC book before the movie announcements/Flash tv show lol.

Flash 105

Flash 106

Green Lantern 76

Green Lantern 87

Jimmy 134

Forever People 1

Showcase 37

Showcase 55

Bats/Supes Annual 5

but I suppose the argument could be made that these saw uptick because of speculation like Darkseid, and Stewart showing up in future flicks. (shrug)

He said hot book which pretty much precludes any DC books :baiting:

:cry:

Hulk 181, X-men, Spidey 129 are hot because of the comic characters in it, not any movie speculation. Trying to think of the last comic collector only hot book - NM 98?

Marvel Timely and DC Golden Age superhero comic books. They don`t need movie hype to be hot. These are the long-term gems of collectibles.

Batman #227 has soared in value over the last few years because it has a nice Neal Adams cover.

That is all.

Adams did plenty of other DC covers, many better than this one, but this issue's value is soaring, for no apparent reason. Interior art is by Irv Novick. If someone can explain this to me, I am all ears.

2689.jpg?5767558948402809120

Batman 386

Black Hand was in Arkham Origins, so while not a TV show or Movie, still related to an entertainment genre. So was Teen Titans 2.

Harley Quinn was in Arkham Origins as well...

She was on the cartoon before any comic.

Few good ones in here that qualify.

Most of the Adams Batman stuff and Bronze Joker covers.

Batman 386

Black Hand was in Arkham Origins, so while not a TV show or Movie, still related to an entertainment genre. So was Teen Titans 2.

So Batman Adventures 12 started heating up two years ago because of the Batman Animated Series from the early 90s?

ok.

Batman 386

So Batman Adventures 12 started heating up two years ago because of the Batman Animated Series from the early 90s?

ok.

No, you're correct. It was becuase of Arkham Origins.

Batman 386

ok.

No, you're correct. It was becuase of Arkham Origins.

I know it wasn't because of Arkham Origins. That was a dig at Dave because he mentioned Harley earlier while at the same time dismissing Black Mask because of a video game appearance. The same video game in which Harley appears. It went over your head.

Hulk 181, X-men, Spidey 129 are hot because of the comic characters in it, not any movie speculation. Trying to think of the last comic collector only hot book - NM 98?
They were sought after before the movie, but going by the logic I see around here, movies boost the value of all books containing the same characters. So the real question is, what book is hot that doesn't feature characters that have been in TV/movies/video games ever?

They were sought after before the movie, but going by the logic I see around here, movies boost the value of all books containing the same characters. So the real question is, what book is hot that doesn't feature characters that have been in TV/movies/video games ever?

Crime Suspenstories 22

Fight Against Crime 20

Our Army At War 83

Phantom Stranger 1

Romantic Adventures 50

Spellbound 17

Star Spangled War Stories 84

Venus 19

+ any number of hot PCH or Atlas books or Baker romance etc etc.

:shrug: