• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much do you spend on comic books per month?

65 posts in this topic

I feel like every time this question is asked my answer changes dramatically.

Anyway, I went nearly the whole year without buying a single back issue and averaging about $20 a month in floppies. Then I had some problems with my LCS, then some problems with my online pull box, and haven't bought a floppy in a couple months. I wondered if I was done with comics or not.

Then I spent like $300 in a day on trades and HC's. lol

So right now it varies.

That's likely to happen to me during the London con, next year. I'm not buying any comics at present, but it would be silly to return empty-handed after the effort of going there, and so I'm sure I'll pick up a few discounted collected editions to read. Then, it'll be back into my chosen default state of avoiding the current speculator-driven market, at least for another year.

well said

I feel like every time this question is asked my answer changes dramatically.

Anyway, I went nearly the whole year without buying a single back issue and averaging about $20 a month in floppies. Then I had some problems with my LCS, then some problems with my online pull box, and haven't bought a floppy in a couple months. I wondered if I was done with comics or not.

Then I spent like $300 in a day on trades and HC's. lol

So right now it varies.

I have that same problem sometimes too :ohnoez:

I've pretty much stopped buying back-issues...at least until further notice.

The ones I'm after are a little too pricey for my blood (G.A. BATMAN). Actually trying to unload a pile of comics and give the cash to my daughters for their tuition, etc.

Currently, I'm spending about $120 per month on new releases only, all New 52 DC stuff except for Daredevil and Walking Dead.

I don't want to look. haha

I will just say "a lot", and be done with it.

The last two days have been nutty.....

lol fair enough so what comics did you buy? and what grades?

Just picked up The Crow (Caliber) issues 1-3 at 9.8, and Caliber Presents 15 at 9.8.

Still need a #4!!! haha

I've pretty much stopped buying back-issues...at least until further notice.

The ones I'm after are a little too pricey for my blood (G.A. BATMAN). Actually trying to unload a pile of comics and give the cash to my daughters for their tuition, etc.

Currently, I'm spending about $120 per month on new releases only, all New 52 DC stuff except for Daredevil and Walking Dead.

cool good to know :)

I don't want to look. haha

I will just say "a lot", and be done with it.

The last two days have been nutty.....

lol fair enough so what comics did you buy? and what grades?

Just picked up The Crow (Caliber) issues 1-3 at 9.8, and Caliber Presents 15 at 9.8.

Still need a #4!!! haha

cool congrats

I'm working on finding out how much people spend on comic books per month so that I can use that as feasibility for a loan or grant.

Just give a number of how much you spend on comics each month it doesn't have to be exact as long as it's close to accurate as you can make it

Thanks

Gabriel Kawa

$80 to $100 (minus eBay purchases which would be impossible for me to track)

I'm working on finding out how much people spend on comic books per month so that I can use that as feasibility for a loan or grant.

Just give a number of how much you spend on comics each month it doesn't have to be exact as long as it's close to accurate as you can make it

Thanks

Gabriel Kawa

$80 to $100 (minus eBay purchases which would be impossible for me to track)

lol fair enough but that itself is a good number

I spent 87 dollars at my LCS on Wednesday buying the new weekly books a current previews magazine and a package of standard sized mylite 2's. I also paid for my Heritage auction winnings on Monday, so for this week I am over $2000.00

I spent 87 dollars at my LCS on Wednesday buying the new weekly books a current previews magazine and a package of standard sized mylite 2's. I also paid for my Heritage auction winnings on Monday, so for this week I am over $2000.00

wow quite a purchase may I ask what you bought?

Thanks

Gabriel Kawa

A better way to ask the question might have been with a poll in the first post. That way people can be anonymous. A lot of people won't answer because they don't want to post on the internet how much money they spend on comics for fear of wife, friends or the government seeing.

lol

Or is it :fear:? :eek:

Thanks

Gabriel Kawa

A better way to ask the question might have been with a poll in the first post. That way people can be anonymous. A lot of people won't answer because they don't want to post on the internet how much money they spend on comics for fear of wife, friends or the government seeing.

lol

+1

Roy, I concur.

Gabriel, do you mean in new comics? If so, I used to spend $0, now I am buying Ms. Marvel so I am spending $3 per month… :D

If you mean in comics in general… aww, that’s hard to make an estimate. I can stop collecting for years and then in 2-3 years spend more than I would have spent in ten… lol

wow quite a purchase may I ask what you bought?

this:

Planet17_zps7e68f8c9.jpg

Thanks

Gabriel Kawa

lol

ok I'll post another one up soon I made a survey with survey monkey :)

Roy, I concur.

Gabriel, do you mean in new comics? If so, I used to spend $0, now I am buying Ms. Marvel so I am spending $3 per month… :D

If you mean in comics in general… aww, that’s hard to make an estimate. I can stop collecting for years and then in 2-3 years spend more than I would have spent in ten… lol

I mean how much do you spend buying back issue comics per month?