• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,768 posts in this topic

You noticed the Pair counter in the 400's, but the individual books never fell that far in the 900's. Watching this one closely.

And also selling well before release date (Wednesday), is the Extraordinary X-Men Campbell variant.

As a JSC fan, I'm sort of unimpressed by a lot of these. He used to do so much detail in his backgrounds that it was mind blowing.

Now he is pretty much drawing the same female (either MJ or Gwen) in different books and selling them. It is sort of underwhelming and a bit disappointing.

Hey guys sorry for any confusion on the counters. I'm selling 1000 color, 1000 B&W and 500 Sets on the Facebook store. This does not reflect actual numbers. I'm not allowed to release numbers based on contractual agreement with Marvel but color is less than 5000 and B&W is less than 2000. It's a great cover. Scott really knocked it out and I was excited to be able to offer this finally.

I feel like he really jumped ship with all the Midtown variants. I still can't look at this one without noticing the huge crotch shot of Spidey on the right or the awkward position of MJ's right leg. Also notice the lack of a background:

Big image:

ASM_1.jpg

Edited by ChrisInBaltimore

Hey guys sorry for any confusion on the counters. I'm selling 1000 color, 1000 B&W and 500 Sets on the Facebook store. This does not reflect actual numbers. I'm not allowed to release numbers based on contractual agreement with Marvel but color is less than 5000 and B&W is less than 2000. It's a great cover. Scott really knocked it out and I was excited to be able to offer this finally.

Thanks for the update. Beautiful cover (thumbs u

And I love swipes, but I am super disappointed in this one and sort of annoyed I paid a premium for it:

008-c.jpg

What is up with Spidey's head? And what the heck is happening with The Black Cat? Her feet are massive. And her face?

Did you NOT look at it before buying it?

If I don't like a cover, I don't get it. I'm not a completist. I do agree that some of his covers are starting to look cookie cutter but there are others that are just outstanding.

I don't mind this Spidey / Black Cat cover. I think his best one is the CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 variant. Missed out on getting it for only $20 at NYCC from Stan Lee Collectibles.

3,000 / 1,500 you're not saying anything that isn't already known.

You noticed the Pair counter in the 400's, but the individual books never fell that far in the 900's. Watching this one closely.

And also selling well before release date (Wednesday), is the Extraordinary X-Men Campbell variant.

Regarding the Extraordinary X-Men Campbell variant. A lot of people are focused on the X-23 variant and this one is flying under the radar. Not much buzz about it at all. Even JSC hasn't posted anything about it on his social media. However, midtown looks like it's already sold out.

I can see this selling well after release date as well.

Regarding the Extraordinary X-Men Campbell variant. A lot of people are focused on the X-23 variant and this one is flying under the radar. Not much buzz about it at all. Even JSC hasn't posted anything about it on his social media. However, midtown looks like it's already sold out.

Personally, I don't think it's that good.

Copies are selling for about $30 right now. From what I have seen most Campbell stuff holds its value fairly well, unless you get it right at the peak of the release wave. I would expect this to climb to 40 to 50 over the next 2 weeks, and settle in between 35 and 40. I personally like it, but picking Magic is a little strange.

Copies are selling for about $30 right now. From what I have seen most Campbell stuff holds its value fairly well, unless you get it right at the peak of the release wave. I would expect this to climb to 40 to 50 over the next 2 weeks, and settle in between 35 and 40. I personally like it, but picking Magic is a little strange.

I got lucky and snag a copy for £6.99 today on eBay for me that seemed a win win

Why is it strange that he picked Magik? Magik is part of the Extraordinary Xmen Story. no?

Why is it strange that he picked Magik? Magik is part of the Extraordinary Xmen Story. no?

He likes drawing the ladies. And the Ari Granov Magik variant for Inferno has help pretty well too. Magik has a fan base that likes her enough to warrant it.

Edit:

And I refuse to buy the Captain America White Variant, because it should have been a 1:100 #1 for Uncanny Inhumans #1. Not a Cap miniseries without them in it.

Edited by UltraMaximus

wow. that is terrible. lol

I hope my set are 9.8 candidates. I will report back here on the condition of the books once I get mine in. I've never ordered from Cargo Hold before.