• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,768 posts in this topic

Wow.

Anyone else notice the Extraordinary X-Men art on his page?

I don't think this cover was released? If it was, where can I get a copy?

jscampbellstore.png

Look at the bottom of the cover... it looks like it's a store exclusive. It looks like it's his own store's exclusive, but I can't tell.

Whatever it is... I want one too, so if you find out where I can get it, let me know.

EDIT - I sent a message on their "contact us" link to ask about it. I'll post something if I get a reply.

Are you referring to the Magik cover?

No, I'm referring to the cover shown in that image that has Magik front & center, but also shows Logan. Just above the Marvel logo at the bottom, it has the J. Scott Campbell store logo. I know that the just-Magik cover with the fire background was one of the ratio variants for EXM 1

Question just is "when?" since issue 2 is already on the stands. Seems a little pointless to do a store exclusive of an old issue now. Would have made more sense to do it when all the other versions were being released.

He just released a Holiday Print if you go to his website, it's FREE as his gift to his customers with a purchase during the holidays

http://jscottcampbell.com/

He also has original artwork, remarked covers for sale in the $500-700 range.

ASM-RNYV-MJprofile-BW.jpg

that's just... wow

$500.......damn

I think they were going for $750 to get them picked up and graded at NYCC or SDCC from what I heard. There's one on eBay for $3000 that I'm glad is that much cause it keeps me from considering getting it.

$3K? Who would be dumb enough to buy it when he can just order an original art for that price directly from him.

It was graded, so maybe they thought they would get it that way? It's gone since this morning.

Wow.

Anyone else notice the Extraordinary X-Men art on his page?

I don't think this cover was released? If it was, where can I get a copy?

jscampbellstore.png

The Extraordinary X-Men 1 variant is up for sale today on his site........................

Jesus... $85 for the set of both colors & both B&W covers (4 books - unsigned) is a little pricey as well. Or maybe I'm just being a little cheap. I want to, but I don't want to... if that makes sense?

But it's for the EXM & for the UXM variant connecting set. So I'm kinda right on the borderline of buying.

Edited by Doktor

Glad someone else noticed that cover. I was looking all over the site a couple of weeks ago for it. I didn't see the tweet either. Just went out and purchased the set from the site so thanks for the heads up about it.

If you are not a part of his VIP mailing list, I suggest you subscribe. He lets the vip list know a few hours before he announces it to the general public.

Ended up picking up the unsigned colored and sketch set, I'd rather get them signed in person. I love Campbell's covers and I love connecting covers, so this was inevitable. I've got a huge stack of Campbell book at this point, all of which I'd like to get signed. I wonder if he'd ever do Baltimore Comic Con.

I think $85 signed will be a good deal. Considering you don't need to line up for 2 hours anymore.

Yea...BUT, at least you know the grade when you get it signed yourself.

Well if you are ordering this from his store you still don't know what grade the book is going to be signed or unsigned

I think $85 signed will be a good deal. Considering you don't need to line up for 2 hours anymore.

Yea...BUT, at least you know the grade when you get it signed yourself.

Well if you are ordering this from his store you still don't know what grade the book is going to be signed or unsigned

Would you rather pay for a VF cover or pay more for a signed VF cover ....?