• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

What about spiderman 688 lizard variant? That book is hard to find I only see 1 on ebay.

Looks like somebody got tired of waiting for another, better copy to turn up and bought it (a PGX 9.2) for full price...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191746132298?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

-J.

$168.50

What about spiderman 688 lizard variant? That book is hard to find I only see 1 on ebay.

Looks like somebody got tired of waiting for another, better copy to turn up and bought it (a PGX 9.2) for full price...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191746132298?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

-J.

$168.50

(thumbs u

-J.

-J.

$168.50

(thumbs u

-J.

Does seem a little high compared to what others have sold for recently, but there are none out there now that I see. So, I think you were probably right with your assumption.

What 1:100 variants has Campbell put out? Was it just the Spider-Man 648?

http://comicbookinvest.com/2015/02/09/j-scott-campbell-cover-gallery-checklist/

I don't see the Danger Girl #2 Smoking Gun cover, I thought he did that one too? (shrug)

Jerome

I would request your money back then.

It's on the photo, just not designated as such on the list.

-J.

$168.50

(thumbs u

-J.

Does seem a little high compared to what others have sold for recently, but there are none out there now that I see. So, I think you were probably right with your assumption.

There was a 9.6 SS on the boards a few weeks ago that sold. Don't think it went for a a crazy price though.

-J.

$168.50

(thumbs u

-J.

There was a 9.6 SS on the boards a few weeks ago that sold. Don't think it went for a a crazy price though.

The last copy (raw) sold for $160 in September.

Since then, all copies- raw or graded- have dried up.

No 9.8's have been offered in over a year.

That PGX 9.2 copy was the only copy for sale for months.

It seems the total lack of supply of the book on the market coupled with the awesomeness of JSC has caused it to appear on more collectors' radars recently.

-J.

I wonder if it was they same one that sold on eBay at the end of Sept. Only went for $173.

It was not the same one, he got it from ebay few years back for 160$ 9.6 SS Stan lee :boo: .. Sold it for 250$

Edited by Thanos88

This book is going way up In the next 9.8 auction. I just don't like that it's a dan slott book but I love jsc so torn on buying one. Spiderman 688 I mean.

Edited by jason4

This book is going way up In the next 9.8 auction. I just don't like that it's a dan slott book but I love jsc so torn on buying one. Spiderman 688 I mean.

It will now if we keep talking about it ;)

Edited by Thanos88

Anyone pick up the sketched / remarqued version of Time Capsule? I'm wondering if it's just profile drawings in the interior page. Sometimes artists will do a bunch of different sketches for things like this. I wish he gave previews of each one. There was one artist that did that for a book that I can't remember.

I was going to skip Time Capsule as I've seen the majority of his work and will just wait for a large final edition but then I read some of the interview which makes me want to get a copy.

Anyone pick up the sketched / remarqued version of Time Capsule? I'm wondering if it's just profile drawings in the interior page. Sometimes artists will do a bunch of different sketches for things like this. I wish he gave previews of each one. There was one artist that did that for a book that I can't remember.

I was going to skip Time Capsule as I've seen the majority of his work and will just wait for a large final edition but then I read some of the interview which makes me want to get a copy.

I picked up the exclusive edition with the abbey sketch. Totally happy with the purchase . $285 well spent for a JSC piece. Think he increased the price to $300. I started reading it as well, entertaining read. If you are on the fence, do it! Here is a pic of mine.

R5Kanh3M_0912151758101.JPG

Here's a funny little story:

So my recent purchase from JSC's store came with a free limited holiday print (every year, he offers a new holiday print) and this year, kind of struggling to find gifts for a buddy of mine that digs all my comic art, I framed it & gave it to him for Christmas. It's typical JSC. Sexy elf. Semi-cheesecake-y. But not entirely inappropriate for a little holiday print.

When I gave it to him, his girlfriend's response was "I don't think that's appropriate for MY household". I told it was a good thing that I wasn't a gift for her household & it was a gift for my buddy. I went on to point out her hypocrisy of a slightly cheesecake-y 8.5x11 art print being "inappropriate" (assumedly because she has a kid? I don't know. I stopped trying to figure out this girl a long time ago & just kinda openly hate her) but smoking pot in front of her kid was totally not inappropriate.

But the good news? In the end, his brother (and his brother's wife) are in town & though they got their own gift, they loved the print enough to say "ok, fine. We'll take that one too if you're gonna [female dog] about it". So a nice print ended up in the hands of a couple that would appreciate it.