• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Here's a funny little story:

So my recent purchase from JSC's store came with a free limited holiday print (every year, he offers a new holiday print) and this year, kind of struggling to find gifts for a buddy of mine that digs all my comic art, I framed it & gave it to him for Christmas. It's typical JSC. Sexy elf. Semi-cheesecake-y. But not entirely inappropriate for a little holiday print.

When I gave it to him, his girlfriend's response was "I don't think that's appropriate for MY household". I told it was a good thing that I wasn't a gift for her household & it was a gift for my buddy. I went on to point out her hypocrisy of a slightly cheesecake-y 8.5x11 art print being "inappropriate" (assumedly because she has a kid? I don't know. I stopped trying to figure out this girl a long time ago & just kinda openly hate her) but smoking pot in front of her kid was totally not inappropriate.

But the good news? In the end, his brother (and his brother's wife) are in town & though they got their own gift, they loved the print enough to say "ok, fine. We'll take that one too if you're gonna [female dog] about it". So a nice print ended up in the hands of a couple that would appreciate it.

Nice, which print if you dont mind sharing.

So my recent purchase from JSC's store came with a free limited holiday print (every year, he offers a new holiday print) and this year, kind of struggling to find gifts for a buddy of mine that digs all my comic art, I framed it & gave it to him for Christmas. It's typical JSC. Sexy elf. Semi-cheesecake-y. But not entirely inappropriate for a little holiday print.

When I gave it to him, his girlfriend's response was "I don't think that's appropriate for MY household". I told it was a good thing that I wasn't a gift for her household & it was a gift for my buddy. I went on to point out her hypocrisy of a slightly cheesecake-y 8.5x11 art print being "inappropriate" (assumedly because she has a kid? I don't know. I stopped trying to figure out this girl a long time ago & just kinda openly hate her) but smoking pot in front of her kid was totally not inappropriate.

But the good news? In the end, his brother (and his brother's wife) are in town & though they got their own gift, they loved the print enough to say "ok, fine. We'll take that one too if you're gonna [female dog] about it". So a nice print ended up in the hands of a couple that would appreciate it.

It was essentially this print (minus the text)

Holiday-Print-ad-IG_large.jpg?1368882209322925776

Or the link here since the picture doesn't seem to be showing up?

So basic semi-cheesecake-y slightly sexy elf chick. Nothing terribly inappropriate by any stretch.

*edit* for some reason, it's not actually showing up on my end. Just copy/paste that link if necessary.

Edited by Doktor

So basic semi-cheesecake-y slightly sexy elf chick. Nothing terribly inappropriate by any stretch.

*edit* for some reason, it's not actually showing up on my end. Just copy/paste that link if necessary.

That print isn't even CLOSE to being inappropriate. Most girls who don't like stuff like that just have an inferiority complex because they don't look that good themselves. I can understand why you don't like her.

That print isn't even CLOSE to being inappropriate. Most girls who don't like stuff like that just have an inferiority complex because they don't look that good themselves. I can understand why you don't like her.

Well, she is fat. And short. And kinda has only-child-syndrome. And is pretty much one of the worst people I've ever known. I kinda hope she gets hit by a bus. (Only half-joking here)

I'm kinda happy that his brother ended up with that print AND the Guardians of the Galaxy framed print that I got for them (it's his wife's favorite movie & he's also a big fan)

I just picked up deadpool vs xforce 1 campbell variant...I love the art on this cover and I think the movie combined with Campbell's rising popularity make it a good investment. ..paid 63 with shipping and will get it signed and cgc 'd when campbell comes to nycc again. Probably won't ever sell lol.

I just picked up deadpool vs xforce 1 campbell variant...I love the art on this cover and I think the movie combined with Campbell's rising popularity make it a good investment. ..paid 63 with shipping and will get it signed and cgc 'd when campbell comes to nycc again. Probably won't ever sell lol.

WOW, there's a book I was totally wrong about. It's a 1:25. It sold well out of the gate, but I was telling people it was a bad buy at $40.

That's a true testament of buying and waiting a year can really pay off. Most people get impatient though, or just don't want that potential cash sitting around.

I've been kinda sitting on my hands about this variant for a while. I probably should have picked it up at $40 or so, but I'll probably just wait at this point until I see one at a stupid low price on an auction that ends at like 4am or something.

But on another issue: has anyone actually gotten their UXM/EXM Campbell store exclusive variant 4-packs yet (sketch & color)? I ordered mine like the 2nd day it was available & it hasn't even shipped yet (though I have seen some of them popping up on ebay with non-stock photos)

I've been kinda sitting on my hands about this variant for a while. I probably should have picked it up at $40 or so, but I'll probably just wait at this point until I see one at a stupid low price on an auction that ends at like 4am or something.

But on another issue: has anyone actually gotten their UXM/EXM Campbell store exclusive variant 4-packs yet (sketch & color)? I ordered mine like the 2nd day it was available & it hasn't even shipped yet (though I have seen some of them popping up on ebay with non-stock photos)

Cannot ship until today, release day of UXM.

that makes sense. OK. Didn't realize UXM didn't get released yet (I pre-order everything & only get monthly deliveries, so I don't even know which month most books come out during)

that makes sense. OK. Didn't realize UXM didn't get released yet (I pre-order everything & only get monthly deliveries, so I don't even know which month most books come out during)

Yeah, Campbell Store will ship until actual release day due to his relationship with marvel I reckon.

The art on the UXM is pretty sweet. I am waiting for SS copies to pop up.

What is the ratio in the Ms. Marvel #2? Campbell has been putting out a ton of covers lately, so not surprised that some are going under the radar.

I've seen it at a 1:20 and a 1:25. Midtown has them at $34 on their website, much cheaper on ebay.