• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

I'm surprised the 3-cover sets of Gold are still available. I thought they "sold out" last weekend?

Also surprised the 3-cover Blue sets are available... after almost 2 and 1/2 hours available....

His email said they were "back in stock" whatever that means. I thought they sold out too. I think he is oversaturating. I didn't buy the Blue set. Ill wait until later and might cherry pick one of them off eBay or somewhere else.

Agreed...  that is just sad and greedy. Increasing the print run just to increase your profit and not dropping the price is just wrong, plain and simple. I think this might be my last time purchasing from JSC store... too bad to, I really like his stuff.

this kinda reminds me when Aspen tried to increase the print run for Harley Quinn's special cover. There was so many backlash that Aspen backed down on the increase. I think that killed there online store sales, just look at Old Man Logan #1, still available after 2 weeks....

money greed

:flipbait:

For me, I am somewhat satisfied with his answer on Twitter. But, if this type of thing happens again, it will show a pattern of dishonesty. That said, overall, Ill be limiting my business to his store for numerous reasons that have been discussed.

12 minutes ago, starlord86 said:

They are all still available. I hope people stop buying them up so maybe he will stop pumping out 12 covers a month and I can afford his stuff. 

That's my biggest issue with him right now. Seems to be a money grab. Nothing wrong with capitalism but he could be doing this smarter and treating the fans more loyal.

2 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

That's my biggest issue with him right now. Seems to be a money grab. Nothing wrong with capitalism but he could be doing this smarter and treating the fans more loyal.

Just doing math in my head, I like to get these cgcss

$80 = a set

$100+ = cgc

$400 (around) = the total

*times that by the rate that he is producing them*

= "Honey, I don't think we can eat this week"

1 hour ago, Anfield Fox said:

I called him out on it on twitter and he just said "feel free to cancel your order".

Yup, thanks JSC but you lost me as a loyal customer.

What a tool.  It's amazing how quickly some people can burn their image and reputation with a few choice decisions.

6 minutes ago, isiTrue said:

What a tool.  It's amazing how quickly some people can burn their image and reputation with a few choice decisions.

I stopped following him on twitter for something else months ago, not surprised.

5 hours ago, Anfield Fox said:

I called him out on it on twitter and he just said "feel free to cancel your order".

Yup, thanks JSC but you lost me as a loyal customer.

I can't find the JSC comment about this on twitter...did he delete it? If true this is upsetting, I spend a lot of money on his stuff - boy I hope there's a decent reason for this.

That is tone deaf, increasing the print run.

That said, I like the retro B Editions and all I was getting were the two packs. I think if I'd ordered a 3 pack, I'd cancel and stick with the 2 pack. The main appeal of the 3rd cover for me was the low print run. The retro covers would tempt me at any print run although I'd pay less if the print run were substantially higher.

5 minutes ago, PatrickG said:

That is tone deaf, increasing the print run.

That said, I like the retro B Editions and all I was getting were the two packs. I think if I'd ordered a 3 pack, I'd cancel and stick with the 2 pack. The main appeal of the 3rd cover for me was the low print run. The retro covers would tempt me at any print run although I'd pay less if the print run were substantially higher.

I think you can read it here. https://twitter.com/JScottCampbell/with_replies