• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Awesome Con maybe (since the book comes out 3/14)? Then after that, there are three big cons, C2E2, Fan Expo Dallas and WonderCon.  I would assume he will be at either C2E2 or Fan Expo Dallas, but that's a guess. He hasn't been in Dallas for a while so it's a big open market. I know he has booths at multiple cons if they are on the same weekend too. He might even attend two cons in one weekend possibly.

Edited by kevhtx

7 minutes ago, jason4 said:

Think he'll sell some at New York comic con cover d? It's not until October. 

I would think by then, if this one isn't popular he might, otherwise he will probably have different convention exclusives.

If you really want one, check the marketplace threads when the conventions start, there will be people selling them when they pick them up at his booth. They will probably be better deals than eBay and you can trust their grading more.

20 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

If you really want one, check the marketplace threads when the conventions start, there will be people selling them when they pick them up at his booth. They will probably be better deals than eBay and you can trust their grading more.

Ok I'll do that thank you

1 hour ago, combiner1 said:

I only want cover D. So I guess I’ll wait for it to be on eBay.... heck I could probably get a graded one too

Cover d on eBay at 152.00 with bids...another is buy it now 150. Should we wait or buy them now already expensive...could it get worse?  I don't want to pay like 500 for this down the line. 

36 minutes ago, jason4 said:

Cover d on eBay at 152.00 with bids...another is buy it now 150. Should we wait or buy them now already expensive...could it get worse?  I don't want to pay like 500 for this down the line. 

Name the last JSC store variant where that happened.

:gossip:

Ill give you a hint....it would be the first....

30 minutes ago, jason4 said:

It's really a roll of the dice. The price spikes and those people who freak out will pay too much right now. But, sometimes, its worth it, many times its not. For example, the white phoenix was one that seems to have sustained some value. But, the ASM RYV 11 convention, Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-man #1 Convention, and Avengers 8 Vision Convention all seemed to have come down in price. You can get signed ones fairly affordable.

Again, unless there is a run on this one copy, there will be people getting copies at his booth and selling them on the boards. If you really want one and don't want to risk it, pay the price now, but chances are, the price is spiked right now since they sold out today and people are freaking out since they didn't get one. I like to wait a couple days after the original sale unless the sales are just completely spiking right away and sales are off the charts. If there aren't many eBay sales of it, I wouldn't worry if I were you. 

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Name the last JSC store variant where that happened.

:gossip:

Ill give you a hint....it would be the first....

The white phoenix was really the closest? There were people standing in line at one of the conventions for that one.

I didn't buy the ones today because the last few sets I bought, I didn't really make anything on them. I broke even on a couple and then have a couple I still need to sell.