• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Check Jetpack Comics site.......

Got mine from JetPack ... couldn't find anywhere to pre-order at Larry's. Glad KRS was already out of stock of the virgin, because JetPack had the set available for $5 less if buying all three. Or if you bought the 4 pack with the Boat cover included, it was only $5 more than buying just the three from KRS. Only bummer was anybody wanting a CGC SS option for that cover from KRS. But at $150 for the titled and $225 for the virgin, those were some dang expensive graded books. 

Additionally, this was posted by Planet Awesome Collectibles about 13 hours ago. It's their exclusive store variant, it's a virgin cover, and it's limited to 500 copies: http://www.planetawesomecollectibles.com/product/danger-girl-20th-anniversary-j-scott-campbell-exclusive-virgin-variant

$20 for the raw, $120 for 9.8 CGC SS.

IMG_1800.jpg

Edited by PerlAddict

5 hours ago, PerlAddict said:

Got mine from JetPack ... couldn't find anywhere to pre-order at Larry's. Glad KRS was already out of stock of the virgin, because JetPack had the set available for $5 less if buying all three. Or if you bought the 4 pack with the Boat cover included, it was only $5 more than buying just the three from KRS. Only bummer was anybody wanting a CGC SS option for that cover from KRS. But at $150 for the titled and $225 for the virgin, those were some dang expensive graded books. 

Additionally, this was posted by Planet Awesome Collectibles about 13 hours ago. It's their exclusive store variant, it's a virgin cover, and it's limited to 500 copies: http://www.planetawesomecollectibles.com/product/danger-girl-20th-anniversary-j-scott-campbell-exclusive-virgin-variant

$20 for the raw, $120 for 9.8 CGC SS.

IMG_1800.jpg

KRS had a set of A&B CGC 9.8 SS for $225.....A SET.........hell of a deal.

Edited by ComicCollectorMatt

4 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

KRS had a set of A&B CGC 9.8 SS for $225.....A SET.........hell of a deal.

Ahhh, didn't see that it was $225 for the set. Product list shows "Starting at $150" before you click through, and it just shows "Out of Stock" with $225 on the actual product page, so I just assumed it was per each. I wouldn't have expected they would do the Titled version by itself for $150 and only upcharge $75 to add the Virgin version on top of it. That would definitely sweeten the pot, because that's pretty unusual.

1 hour ago, Insanity said:

lol dollar box heh 10 years ago i did find NYX #3 among the regular comics or 20bucks

it was on the wall with the good comics along with marvel secret wars 8 and ASM 300

i paid $845 for it 

$845 raw? :whatthe:

20 hours ago, Insanity said:

lol dollar box heh 10 years ago i did find NYX #3 among the regular comics or 20bucks

it was on the wall with the good comics along with marvel secret wars 8 and ASM 300

i paid $845 for it 

Book is red hot... you gotta cgc it...looks 9.8 from here. I got one too I'm debating jsc signature or not. Cgc witness and grade of course. 

Edited by jason4

Hello guys,

Long time lurker here, long time Campbell fan. 

The retailer incentive art has been revealed for Domino #1. 
It's finally a different sort of look for a Campbell cover, and I do really like it (ordered it some time ago).

I'd really love to see more pieces that have that Superior Spidey time and love put into them.

Is that even possible for him with the amount of special editions that he creates?
It's been a long time since his fan base have thought... omg.. he has smashed it out of the ball park.

Anyway... cheers fellas. Appreciate the banter on these forums.

campbell_domino.jpg

Interesting. I saw the pencils of Cable and Wolverine on his FB page, but I didn't put two and two together. Especially since he just posted this the other day. I figured it was for his Domino cover, but maybe it's going with the Deadpool he just posted this week. Or maybe a future Domino cover. Guy does so many covers, it's hard to say. :D

Edit: Just noticed this Domino sketch was tagged with #xforce, as were his Cable and Deadpool sketches that also had each of the other characters' names tagged in them, as well. So maybe coming to a future X-Force cover?

28782885_10155019412167581_3662928017618894848_n.jpg

Edited by PerlAddict

Just curious for those who ordered the Renew Your Vows signature ACBD set ... what were your numbers? JSC didn't list the actual copy numbers next to each book this time, but my ABC covers were in the 130s to 160s. My D cover was # 010, however. I'm wondering how many he actually did.

23 hours ago, kalvin74 said:

Hello guys,

Long time lurker here, long time Campbell fan. 

The retailer incentive art has been revealed for Domino #1. 
It's finally a different sort of look for a Campbell cover, and I do really like it (ordered it some time ago).

I'd really love to see more pieces that have that Superior Spidey time and love put into them.

Is that even possible for him with the amount of special editions that he creates?
It's been a long time since his fan base have thought... omg.. he has smashed it out of the ball park.

Anyway... cheers fellas. Appreciate the banter on these forums.

Welcome to the boards Kalvin, good to have you!