• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, PerlAddict said:

Just curious, when buying JSC website exclusive sets, do you guys prefer to buy the signed sets or unsigned? If unsigned, is it because of the cheaper cost, cleaner look without the sig, or because you want the chance to get a CGC Signature Series signing with it later?

I prefer signed because they come with a nice looking nifty COA. But if it's a busy cover I get unsigned because I don't like a sig covering up art, or the logo. But a simple cover with a good spot for a sig I will buy the signed version. I'm not a grading whore, so that doesn't factor in for me

Edited by Oat Willy1

I went for the signed sets. $42.50 premium over the unsigned, but they tend to not sell out quite so quick. Unsigned were gone in 2 minutes. Signed were gone in 5. You can still get the two 4-book unsigned sets for only $6.80 more than the 8-book set was listed at, though.

Just now, PerlAddict said:

I went for the signed sets. $42.50 premium over the unsigned, but they tend to not sell out quite so quick. Unsigned were gone in 2 minutes. Signed were gone in 5. You can still get the two 4-book unsigned sets for only $6.80 more than the 8-book set was listed at, though.

sold out as well 

Just now, PerlAddict said:

I was just going to post that re: combining the two 4 book sets. With the discount code it is still a decent deal.

Yep, those are gone now, too. I honestly wanted the unsigned sets so I could have them around for a CGC SS opportunity someday, but I like his COA packaging and didn't want to risk missing out. I even had time to go back and find the Renew Your Vows #11 Black Cat Cover A and add it in with my order, too. $16.00 total shipping for 2 signed sets and the RYV book ... worked out pretty well!

Both of the signed 4 packs are still available as well as one of the two packs signed (Black Cat & Venom). Everything else is sold out. Fastest I've ever seen on unsigned.

2 minutes ago, PerlAddict said:

Yep, those are gone now, too. I honestly wanted the unsigned sets so I could have them around for a CGC SS opportunity someday, but I like his COA packaging and didn't want to risk missing out. I even had time to go back and find the Renew Your Vows #11 Black Cat Cover A and add it in with my order, too. $16.00 total shipping for 2 signed sets and the RYV book ... worked out pretty well!

Yeah, I just went back and bought the signed Premium set.  Better to have a copy than to have no copy at all (or to overpay for a copy).

11 minutes ago, kimik said:

Not a bad morning for Mr. Campbell. Wake up, hit the shower, and do $250K+ in sales in 15 minutes? lol 

Mr. Campbell is just providing a service to us and our LCS'.  By limiting the number of sets for sale he is saying "look, now the rest of you have more money for FCBD.  go forth and support your LCS."  xD

I was able to get in there with two separate orders.  I think since because I was targeting the ABEF bundles.  I purchased 2 signed and 2 unsigned sets of ABEF.  (Which i believe to be some of the best of his covers yet!)  I was pretty disappointed with the Venom, Black Cat and Red Goblin covers...they feel very busy.