• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, GaSouthernGrad said:

Looks like I might be $200 lighter this weekend to get green and red goblin. 

ASM-800-H-Shopify_1000x.jpg

I was really hoping for someone other than the Red Goblin especially since he just did the Green Goblin.  Was hoping for Kraven the Hunter or Silk.  If he went with Silk, it would add another female to the covers and balance it out with 4 males & 4 females.  

58 minutes ago, Praxis52 said:

I was really hoping for someone other than the Red Goblin especially since he just did the Green Goblin.  Was hoping for Kraven the Hunter or Silk.  If he went with Silk, it would add another female to the covers and balance it out with 4 males & 4 females.  

I think the point was to highlight the major characters in Slott's run plus the 3 major loves of his life.  I almost wouldn't mind 2 more covers (Anti-venom and Mockingbird).

5 hours ago, GaSouthernGrad said:

Yeah, thats a sweet cover. I want the green and red goblin ones too. (thumbsu

6 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Is there an option for these to come CGCed or are they raw only?

JSC website only sells them raw (signed or unsigned)  you have to get them graded on your own. Or lurk at the Board ‘s market place. Dre or someone else might be selling them graded. 

On another question, anybody knows if you can do advanced ordering??? I remember when he did Jean Grey #1 (6 covers) the complete premium set were sold out, even before the sales open. The website’s Facebook or Twitter mentioned something about advanced ordering. Anybody knows anything about this???

1 hour ago, combiner1 said:

JSC website only sells them raw (signed or unsigned)  you have to get them graded on your own. Or lurk at the Board ‘s market place. Dre or someone else might be selling them graded. 

On another question, anybody knows if you can do advanced ordering??? I remember when he did Jean Grey #1 (6 covers) the complete premium set were sold out, even before the sales open. The website’s Facebook or Twitter mentioned something about advanced ordering. Anybody knows anything about this???

Yup I'll have them for pre-sale as usual graded, blue label and sig series CGC 9.8.

There's no advance ordering on these for the raw sets before the launch. They issue a one time use discount coupon to members of their mailing list for the first 24 hours of the product launch. The premium sets usually sell out in two to four minutes so what may look like a sell out before a launch was just a quick sell out once it began. 

Edited by BeachBum

Cover A: Spider-Man, limited to 2,300 copies
Cover B: MJ, limited to 2,300 copies
Cover C: Black Catlimited to 2,300 copies
Cover D: Venom, limited to 2,300 copies
Cover E: Green Goblin, limited to 1,800 copies
Cover F: Gwen Stacy, limited to 1,800 copies
Cover G: Dr. Octopus, limited to 1,800 copies
Cover H: Red Goblin, limited to 1,800 copies

Where's the Cover Z with a limit of 10 copies(shrug)lol.

None of the covers really stand out.  I was hoping to see something that would surpass his Spider-Man 688 Lizard cover.  That is still his finest work.

I'm surprised there is a limit of 2 sets per order instead of 1. I wonder if they'll post an additional limit for the first 15 or 30 minutes.

When there is a 1-set or 2-set limit, does that mean of EACH set, or total number of any sets, regardless of if they're the same or not? 

18 hours ago, GaSouthernGrad said:

I know this is a JSC thread, but are we sure this is good?  I think his lady drawings are usually good (if not a bit too similar at times), and I actually like the Green Goblin cover quite a bit, but does anyone else just think..."Hmmm for Venom and Carnage stuff I'd rather get some Clayton Crain or Del'Otto stuff?"  Not that you couldn't by them all, I'm just sayin....

1049f3c0d8a550260b2d895cd49e8c86.jpg

9 minutes ago, PerlAddict said:

I'm surprised there is a limit of 2 sets per order instead of 1. I wonder if they'll post an additional limit for the first 15 or 30 minutes.

When there is a 1-set or 2-set limit, does that mean of EACH set, or total number of any sets, regardless of if they're the same or not? 

I've only been subbed to his emails the last 6 months, but the last few I remember seeing have always been limited to 2 sets per order.  A set quantifies as any of the individual item groupings.  So you could get 2 sets of the A+B covers and that would be your max placement.  Or you could get 1 set of the A+B cover, and then 1 set of the A-H covers and that would be your max order.  It does not mean 2 sets of each item grouping.

Thanks for the clarification on the set limits, Ex. Pretty sure there is usually a smaller cap for the first few minutes it's live, then it goes to the larger quantity cap. When I ordered my Domino set, it was only 1 set per order for the first 15 minutes (or maybe 30?). Then again, I was trying to order during halftime of a kid's soccer game, so who knows how muddy my mind may have been. :D

Edited by PerlAddict

4 hours ago, revat said:

I know this is a JSC thread, but are we sure this is good?  I think his lady drawings are usually good (if not a bit too similar at times), and I actually like the Green Goblin cover quite a bit, but does anyone else just think..."Hmmm for Venom and Carnage stuff I'd rather get some Clayton Crain or Del'Otto stuff?"  Not that you couldn't by them all, I'm just sayin....

1049f3c0d8a550260b2d895cd49e8c86.jpg

I think the Green Goblin is the best of the bunch, followed by Gwen. 

38 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

I think the Green Goblin is the best of the bunch, followed by Gwen. 

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna get that first premium set.  It's probably the first set where my favorite versions are all in one group.

Just curious, when buying JSC website exclusive sets, do you guys prefer to buy the signed sets or unsigned? If unsigned, is it because of the cheaper cost, cleaner look without the sig, or because you want the chance to get a CGC Signature Series signing with it later?