• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I did not signup for the waitlist for ASM #800 and yet I received two emails as to when they would be on sale. You are just subscribing to their email list.

sure, but you also get email notifications specific to the item you waitlisted. Do they send these emails to everyone on their email list anyway? Maybe

1 hour ago, Oat Willy1 said:

sure, but you also get email notifications specific to the item you waitlisted. Do they send these emails to everyone on their email list anyway? Maybe

Like I said, I didn't signup for the waitlist and still received two emails about the 800s going on sale. I think everyone gets anything they send out.

44 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Like I said, I didn't signup for the waitlist and still received two emails about the 800s going on sale. I think everyone gets anything they send out.

That's because they sent that message out to everyone on their email list

On 6/14/2018 at 4:13 PM, ygogolak said:

Diamond is not the printer. Anything ordered through them would go to them to be shipped.

The only things that don't go through them are smaller independents that contract printing and ship them theirselves.

They probably are not doing anything more than opening the box to confirm what's inside.

Correct. The printer sends the comics to Diamond, who then fills the orders of the individual shops. It's up to the shops to return damaged books to Diamond

I do not really collect variants or modern books but if I see something in LCS that is like under 5$ I maybe pick it up. Really like this cover. Sometimes JSC variants and variants in general have female characters drawn sexier than normally and it does not really represent what that character really is in comics.

jsc_variant.jpg

On 6/16/2018 at 1:26 PM, Oat Willy1 said:

They send you an email to alert you when the item is back on their site

On 6/16/2018 at 2:08 PM, ygogolak said:

I did not signup for the waitlist for ASM #800 and yet I received two emails as to when they would be on sale. You are just subscribing to their email list.

On 6/16/2018 at 4:28 PM, Oat Willy1 said:

On 6/16/2018 at 6:26 PM, ygogolak said:

On 6/16/2018 at 7:12 PM, Oat Willy1 said:

That's because they sent that message out to everyone on their email list

(shrug)

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

(shrug)

I emailed with suggestions regarding the Wait List.  They responded that they have two types of sales: "public launch" and "private launch".  In the case of restocks such as this, it's almost always a public launch.  In the case of private launches, a link is sent to members on the wait list.  In which instances do they initiate a private launch?  Who knows.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:07 AM, ygogolak said:

:whistle:

1.jpg

I was busy having fun off the internet and missed this. Did he have all covers for sale when it was relisted or just certain ones. 

Curious to know which books he listed for sale again. As all the conspiracy theories seem to think he just prints unlimited amounts, I would assume he had all books available.  Covers A thru H 

3 minutes ago, cbalroman said:

I was busy having fun off the internet and missed this. Did he have all covers for sale when it was relisted or just certain ones. 

Curious to know which books he listed for sale again. As all the conspiracy theories seem to think he just prints unlimited amounts, I would assume he had all books available.  Covers A thru H 

Limited is a SUUUPPPERRRR vague term.   You can't go TOO WRONG if you buy what you like.

46 minutes ago, cbalroman said:

It was basically all covers A thru H.  That said, the Premium and Ultra sets sold out REALLY fast.  Like less than 30 seconds fast.  I was refreshing my page and as soon as it went up, I added an Ultra set to my cart.  I clicked on my cart to pay and by then, the sets were sold out.  In fact, as of now, the only set remaining is a signed A/B set.  Whatever they had left for this restock must have been extremely limited.  Guessing it was mostly people who cancelled orders once they saw how damaged all other copies of ASM800 were.

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

It was basically all covers A thru H.  That said, the Premium and Ultra sets sold out REALLY fast.  Like less than 30 seconds fast.  I was refreshing my page and as soon as it went up, I added an Ultra set to my cart.  I clicked on my cart to pay and by then, the sets were sold out.  In fact, as of now, the only set remaining is a signed A/B set.  Whatever they had left for this restock must have been extremely limited.  Guessing it was mostly people who cancelled orders once they saw how damaged all other copies of ASM800 were.

Thanks for the update. I was thinking that any relisting was probably from cancelled orders or maybe people whose CC payment didn’t clear. 

3 hours ago, revat said:

Limited is a SUUUPPPERRRR vague term.   You can't go TOO WRONG if you buy what you like.

I agree. I just feel that the numbers probably aren’t too far off from what is listed. 

I get the impression from others that numbers aren’t even close to what is mentioned. 

4 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

My assumption is that he sells only a small percentage of the Ultra sets. This forces everyone who wants both sets to have to pay more for the bride and groom sets individually. 

Buying now is a waste of money. Just wait until he does a clearance. I got a lot of popular sold out books for around half the cost.

14 hours ago, BeachBum said:

Looks like there are some surprises in store for people opening up Campbell ASM 800 shipments!

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 8.23.19 PM.png

Does the 6/12 mean there’s only 12 of those in the world or that he signed it on June 12th?

5 minutes ago, jason4 said:

Does the 6/12 mean there’s only 12 of those in the world or that he signed it on June 12th?

Given his past sigs, I would guess that he would have put the year... but really 12? I wonder if that is how many sets he had available or not.... ?