• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Man thats cutting the wallet a bit thin..

I wish I'm there. Just a friend of mine who happen to be in Paris and I told him to check out the con. He said line up was really long. Dell'otto was giving free sketches but line up was like 4 hours.

He's doing the raffle 4 tix per day again.

Really? Hmmm you 100% on that info..

Yup and unless my friend is a liar. He's always been doing the raffle. He just stopped doing it this year when he discovered that people pay $300 for a remarked books.

Is the Newsstand version of Danger Girl #2 ( the JSC bubble bath cover) rare or hard to find? I just checked eBay and mycomicshop and none are listed on either site.

Danger%20Girl%202%20NM%20Newsstand%20J.%20Scott%20Campbell%20cover_zpss5qbilbq.jpg

Edited by Shark

Can someone with more knowledge on the subject tell me the differences in releases/distro for:

Black Panther #1 SDCC partial sketch

X-Men #510 partial sketch (pretty sure this was another convention release but forgot which one)

X-Men Worlds Apart #1 WW Texas sketch

2 of the 3 are rather pricey compared to the other...

Are there any other partial/sketch variants from that era from conventions?

Edited by manetteska

Can someone with more knowledge on the subject tell me the differences in releases/distro for:

X-Men #510 partial sketch (pretty sure this was another convention release but forgot which one)

Black Panther #1 SDCC partial sketch: Released in 2009 for NYCC . Only given out to those that attended the BET /Marvel Panel. Small census numbers.I think only 7 graded. 3 CGC 9.8. A 9.6 last sold a couple of weeks ago for $800.

X-Men #510 partial sketch (pretty sure this was another convention release but forgot which one)- Given out at Heroes con and small amounts at SDCC. A forum member posted in the forums not long ago that someone at the marvel booth told him that half the run was damaged. Small census numbers. Highly desirable amongst Campbell fans and variant collectors.

X-Men Worlds Apart #1 WW Texas sketch I think there are 100+ 9.8s of the census last I checked. The colored version is more scarce.

These are the only Campbell convention exclusives from this era that I am aware of.

Black Panther #1 SDCC partial sketch: Released in 2009 for NYCC . Only given out to those that attended the BET /Marvel Panel. Small census numbers.I think only 7 graded. 3 CGC 9.8. A 9.6 last sold a couple of weeks ago for $800.

X-Men #510 partial sketch (pretty sure this was another convention release but forgot which one)- Given out at Heroes con and small amounts at SDCC. A forum member posted in the forums not long ago that someone at the marvel booth told him that half the run was damaged. Small census numbers. Highly desirable amongst Campbell fans and variant collectors.

X-Men Worlds Apart #1 WW Texas sketch I think there are 100+ 9.8s of the census last I checked. The colored version is more scarce.

These are the only Campbell convention exclusives from this era that I am aware of.

Thanks for the info.

Do you know the years of the 510 and Worlds Apart conventions?

Wonder how the Texas (which is a smaller show, I'm assuming) has more showing up on the census. Was it handed out in a more public area or were just more made?