• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

The one from Stan Lee Collectibles? I received my notice this week as well.

Yeah ! Stan lee collectibles. Wonder why they are shipping so much in advance. Pretty stoked to get them. Love the art work.

I think they are still up for order and will be available for awhile.

Yeah ! Stan lee collectibles. Wonder why they are shipping so much in advance. Pretty stoked to get them. Love the art work.

Where did you buy yours from?

I actually saw a set at a local toy/comic show that's open every saturday. The guy wanted a $100 bucks for the set though.

Edited by BoBe-Patt

I actually saw a set at a local toy/comic show that's open every saturday. The guy wanted a $100 bucks for the set though.

That's nuts considering you can still buy them directly from Stan lee for $50 for the set. I try not to deal with sellers/Comic shops that do business like that.

I see some sellers on feebay that are selling campbell exclusives for double when you can order them directly from campbell.

Anything for a quick buck. :facepalm:

Where did you buy yours from?

Stan Lee collectibles

That's nuts considering you can still buy them directly from Stan lee for $50 for the set. I try not to deal with sellers/Comic shops that do business like that.

I see some sellers on feebay that are selling campbell exclusives for double when you can order them directly from campbell.

That is what they are going for on eBay right now: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=x-men%2092%201%20campbell&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

That is what they are going for on eBay right now: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=x-men%2092%201%20campbell&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

I don't see anything wrong with trying so make a profit on resale, provided you don't do any lying.

You can buy a soda from a gas station for $1 or that same soda at the grocery store for 75 cents down the street. I don't begrudge the gas station for trying to make a bit more money, I don't know anything about their cost and overhead model. Just as I don't know anything about any of the sellers on ebay, I don't know or care how much they paid, I only care if the price is right for me based on what I know. Its not their responsibility to make sure I get the best possible price, its mine.

Its up to me if I want to do more research to try and buy it cheaper elsewhere. But that research takes time, just like going down the street to the grocery store. And what if that grocery store has run out, then I try to go back to the gas station and they run out too? I've taken two extra trips and not gotten the soda I wanted at all. Maybe I should have just paid the premium to begin with?

Depends on how much you want the soda and how valuable your time is worth....

Why get mad that people are trying to make money buy selling things for more than they paid for them? Isn't that the basis of commerce? Unless the issue is something else entirely....

I broke down and bought a set of X-Men 92's from Stan's site.

Jerome

Nice Jerome! These are too good to not have in your collection. =)

Thanks buddy! They are the hotness fo' sho'

Has anyone else been collecting the J. Scott Campbell statues that Sideshow has been putting out? I picked up Black Cat this week and completed the set in the process.

IMG_5267_zpst7sifkc1.jpg

fbac2bdf-816f-451d-97d1-65900aeefd8e_zpsqtwvmj6f.jpg

87696142-5808-4f9a-8583-189d768e356e_zpspmlqhkmd.jpg

3c4fd55f-4b90-4b56-b5cb-b3194870aeb5_zpsqy9rb5ko.jpg

01f34dbd-90bc-4bfe-9533-99dfa1188579_zpsgko0ts29.jpg

Pretty sure the wife would just throw them out, let's just say she's not a fan of JSC lol

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector