• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Oh! I didn't know that 9.6 was the same one that recently sold . Didn't notice the serial #s until now lol. So the guy is trying to just flip the book?

Were you the original owner RMA? I thought you were joking lol

Yup, that was my book that I bought in a bulk variant lot about 5 years ago. I had set it aside to get signed by Campbell at some point, and it never happened. I knew it wasn't a 9.8, and you know how most moderns go...if it's not 9.8, it's trash.

Forgot I had it until recently, ran across it, pressed it, subbed it onsite at Baltimore...and Voila!

Yes, he's just trying to flip the book. More power to him. What he does with it after me ain't my concern. I just wish the results of the MCS sale had been known to me; I would have been less willing to let him talk me down. ;)

Your copy sold about 5-10min before the other one.

The MCS sale took place first through MCS's website, after which it was removed from eBay manually by MCS.

I received an offer of $1,000 at 6:14 (PDT) the evening before. I countered at $1300 at 9:19. The next morning, I had a counter of $1150, and accepted it.

The timing of the MCS sale is a coincidence. Had I known about it, I would have stuck to my original offer, but $1150 was acceptable to me, so I took it.

Which is what makes it odd since your copy, even at full ask, was cheaper than the MCS copy by more than $200.

While it "might" be somewhat plausible that a comics shopper on eBay does not know they can buy direct from MCS, it is not so much to believe that an MCS shopper wouldn't know that you can buy comics on ebay- hence why MCS cross lists virtually all of their listings on eBay.

I call shenanigans.

-J.

What are you talking about? Should I send my check back to MCS then?

That's really quite ridiculous. If I were an artist, I would have it contractual that I get copies of the books whose covers I actually drew, regardless of any other concerns.

Totally agree! Why didn't JSC have this built into his agreement/contract ? A big artist , has a tremendous fan following, yet can't get any copies for his site?

I live in Mexico and still have not found a copy of it. Sadly I had to move out of the City so I couldn't go to La Mole and buy some.

Still, for things like these Campbell refuses to come to Mexico, even when he is probably the most followed artist over here and he could make thousands of dollars in a simple weekend. For some reason he didn't like it when he came (maybe around 2000?), so rumors said he doesn't want to come. The owners of the convention have been trying to convince him for years and that's why they are investing in his variants and invite Nei Ruffino a lot.

Oh well, I'll try to get some copies and let you know, but so far no luck.

Decomixado are so inconpetent that they damaged the copies , thats why you cant find them. They even tried to be CGC official witness but they dont know about grades and how to handle comic books .

Last time they were in pretty good shape, but I must admit there is something fishy with everything regarding this cover. About the CGC thing, they do offer the service but it's so damn expensive that you might as well do it, pay premium postage and save money.

Too bad Campbell himself didn't get any copies (and bad for them, too) as that'd be the easy and safe way to secure this cover. We'll see what happens.

Decomixado are so inconpetent that they damaged the copies , thats why you cant find them. They even tried to be CGC official witness but they dont know about grades and how to handle comic books .

I know a few people that got a multiple copies . One person even offered guaranteed 9.8s.

I know a few people that got a multiple copies . One person even offered guaranteed 9.8s.

Best copy i got was a single NM the rest was vf/nm i choosed carefully because they tried to sell me VF- copies at the boot .. i really doubt someone got 9.8 unless its someone working from decomixado

Edited by Mijael.Levy

Best copy i got was a single NM the rest was vf/nm i choosed carefully because they tried to sell me VF- copies at the boot .. i really doubt someone got 9.8 unless its someone working from decomixado

Well the raw copy that end on eBay this morning finished at $255 + 30 shipping... :ohnoez:

Well the raw copy that end on eBay this morning finished at $255 + 30 shipping... :ohnoez:

I sold my NM for $200 and i used scans , pics and a detailed description to show buyers it was a NM copy sometimes i wonder why i bother.. this guy just used some pics of the book inside the bag and thats it.. i cant believe people just pay $255 just for an "unread copy"

Edited by Mijael.Levy

Appreciation :D

Done with NYCC, off to CGC.. will post grades when back.

YeeUPja.jpg

otgR1Xu.jpg

3Ef533M.jpg

pvNH2uC.jpg

dkNH4wM.jpg

hZ6FmwG.jpg

Good luck with the grades Eric ! Pulling for 9.8s and grade bumps for your awesome books!! Btw great sig placement on that black widow 6 and the gold ink on the black panther really pops! :cloud9: