• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

So, checking out is a bit rough lol.

On the top left where the text says "Espanol", there is a drop down option to translate the page in English. Note, the price still remains in Peso.

Still contemplating the red variant. I can't decide tho. I like it, but I don't know if I like it that much.

A reminder it's $500 pesos, not US dollars. So about $27 US dollars.

I think it's a set worth buying early as there's going to be a lot of room for these to grow. They has a lot of things going for it. In regards to the original version:

-Recreation of an iconic JSC cover with current iconic characters

-A lot of key characters on the cover

-Original variant was only available at a Mexican Comic-Con at one per person (technically)

-Price went up on the raw over $200 in one month and quantity has severely dropped off.

-There's a total of one graded so far on CGC after a month on the market. Makes me believe stayed in Mexico where CGC probably isn't as popular.

-It's a "Mexican" edition that's in English. So there's probably not going to be an American edition of this cover especially now that the variants have been announced. Likewise, I doubt we'll see a spanish version.

So with that in mind, the variants weren't largely announced unless you were here or on Decomixado's facebook. They were released at something like midnight EST and were gone by the next afternoon. Obviously orders were cancelled and they've been available briefly twice since, but both were gone in hours. They've been sticklers with keeping it to one per person, so I expect a lot to be kept in personal collections. So not many will be on the market.

Looking on Ebay, there's been about 3 of each cover that's been put up for pre-sell since they were announced. Compare that to the hundreds of the RYV pre-orders. People are going to keep their copies.

Edited by Tnexus

I think it's a set worth buying early as there's going to be a lot of room for these to grow. They has a lot of things going for it. In regards to the original version:

-Recreation of an iconic JSC cover with current iconic characters

-A lot of key characters on the cover

-Original variant was only available at a Mexican Comic-Con at one per person (technically)

-Price went up on the raw over $200 in one month and quantity has severely dropped off.

-There's a total of one graded so far on CGC after a month on the market. Makes me believe stayed in Mexico where CGC probably isn't as popular.

-It's a "Mexican" edition that's in English. So there's probably not going to be an American edition of this cover especially now that the variants have been announced. Likewise, I doubt we'll see a spanish version.

So with that in mind, the variants weren't largely announced unless you were here or on Decomixado's facebook. They were released at something like midnight EST and were gone by the next afternoon. Obviously orders were cancelled and they've been available briefly twice since, but both were gone in hours. They've been sticklers with keeping it to one per person, so I expect a lot to be kept in personal collections. So not many will be on the market.

Looking on Ebay, there's been about 3 of each cover that's been put up for pre-sell since they were announced. Compare that to the hundreds of the RYV pre-orders. People are going to keep their copies.

This.

I was the one who originally posted the link and it was pure luck I got to see it on time, even when I live in Mexico and follow Decomixado in FB. I don't know why the covers are so scarce, nor if it's good or bad, but they are selling a lot of stuff internationally now because of this. The covers have been available from time to time and the red cover was still available today. I do believe it won't be easy to get later on for a reasonable price and many will keep it for their own collection.

Currently sold out again. Still not sure if I like it enough to buy it tho.

I got the sketch because I think it will look nice next to my ASM 18 kinda like ASM 606, but I passed on the red... just wish they were for ASM and not Champions...

I got the sketch because I think it will look nice next to my ASM 18 kinda like ASM 606, but I passed on the red... just wish they were for ASM and not Champions...

I love the sketch one too. it's going to look nice with my other JSC partial sketches. Just hope it is a 9.8 candidate.

Speaking of partial sketches. JSC partial sketches are the following correct?

Black Panther #1

ASM 606 ( There are 2 versions LBCC and Incentive retailer variant)

Xmen 510

Champions #1/Gen 13 swipe.

Die hard JSC fans, am I missing anything else?

I love the sketch one too. it's going to look nice with my other JSC partial sketches. Just hope it is a 9.8 candidate.

Speaking of partial sketches. JSC partial sketches are the following correct?

Black Panther #1

ASM 606 ( There are 2 versions LBCC and Incentive retailer variant)

Xmen 510

Champions #1/Gen 13 swipe.

Die hard JSC fans, am I missing anything else?

Warlord of Mars, Vampirella :whistle:

Edited by ygogolak

I have a problem with calling something a "sketch" cover, just because portions of the art are uncolored.

THIS is a true "sketch" cover:

Lady-Death-The-Crucible-Wizard-1-2-NM-Hughes.jpg

This is one, too:

IMG_0002_zpsqdjolcnx.jpg

There's a difference between SKETCHED art, like these, which clearly have an "unfinished" look, and art that is clearly inked, like the Black Panther #1, but is partially uncolored.

What they should be called is "partial black & white" variants. Even "partial color" version.