• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Well I saw that midtown, ebay, and others have it up between $85- $100 for preorder...but I found at Frankie's 3 set for $30 1:100, 1:50,.....

Interesting; the cover price is only $0.25 so couldn't you (theoretically) order 100 @ $0.25 for $25 and then add the 1:100? (and 1:50 for that matter).

Well I saw that midtown, ebay, and others have it up between $85- $100 for preorder...but I found at Frankie's 3 set for $30 1:100, 1:50,.....

It's a 1:100, but cover price on the regular issue is only $0.25.

If you order 100 issues you should get the 100 regular cover, (2) 1:50 and the 1:100 for $25.75. However, since it's on pre-order still, the cover price is lower. Midtown has it a $0.16 / issue. Midtown is really gouging on the incentive covers.

Just been sent an email from Midtown stating that one of the Invicible Iron Man #1 JSC covers (unarmored Riri Williams) has been cancelled... does anyone know why or have been sent this message? (shrug)

There was a controversy that even JSC brought up because Riri is 15 yo and apparently, as always the double standard, people do not agree with the way she was dressed (as many teenagers nowadays). I didn't know it was cancelled until a few minutes ago... I really like that cover.

Edited by Elfeeta

Just been sent an email from Midtown stating that one of the Invicible Iron Man #1 JSC covers (unarmored Riri Williams) has been cancelled... does anyone know why or have been sent this message? (shrug)

There was a controversy that even JSC brought up because Riri is 15 yo and apparently, as always the double standard, people do not agree with the way she was dressed (as many teenagers nowadays). I didn't know it was cancelled until a few minutes ago... I really like that cover.

Liked that cover as well... Thanks for the info, Elfeeta... (thumbs u

Probably the social media "SJW OUTRAGE" storm that happened yesterday. It's probably the un-armored version that was cancelled (considering the line work was basically identical on both the armored & unarmored versions except for the head. All the rest of it could have been changed with digital inking and/or coloring)

The complaints ran the gamut between "too sexy" to "blame JSC for the colorist making Riri's skin tone lighter compared to some other cover" and everything between. It was kind of absurd.

Edited by Doktor

wonder if any of the unarmored variants made it to print and if they will just destroy those copies? Hopefully, someone saves a few copies and it hits feebay.

btw- is there any other artist that is a polarizing as JSC. hm

Yeah it was so stupid. All the complaints about her being light skinned, why is the hair so much shorter, why is she posing like that.....there were also people complaining that why did they need to make so many different versions of her that they were happy with the original...smh

Probably the social media "SJW OUTRAGE" storm that happened yesterday. It's probably the un-armored version that was cancelled (considering the line work was basically identical on both the armored & unarmored versions except for the head. All the rest of it could have been changed with digital inking and/or coloring)

The complaints ran the gamut between "too sexy" to "blame JSC for the colorist making Riri's skin tone lighter compared to some other cover" and everything between. It was kind of absurd.

Black and white variants FTW!

Jerome

wonder if any of the unarmored variants made it to print and if they will just destroy those copies? Hopefully, someone saves a few copies and it hits feebay.

btw- is there any other artist that is a polarizing as JSC. hm

Milo Manara. Remember the Spider-Woman #1 variant OUTRAGE!! storm?