• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jurassic World trailer hits the web

300 posts in this topic

BOX OFFICE: JURASSIC WORLD Beats AVENGERS 2 With 2nd Biggest Domestic Bow Ever

It seems people do still care about dinosaurs after all. Universal's Jurassic World has taken a bite out of its competition and raked in a massive $204.6 million on its first weekend of release stateside. This puts it ahead of Marvel's Avengers: Age Of Ultron and sets a record as the second biggest domestic opening in history behind The Avengers, which took in $207.4M back in May 2012.

Dinosaurs and big monsters, when handled right, sure seem to bring the box office dollars.

Xenozoic Tales. Please. Sometime in my life.

:wishluck:

+1

Nothing is impossible in this new, beautiful world of entertainment we find ourselves in. If only my 10 year old self knew what was coming.

He would have been impatient.

And then he would have invested in cheap comics the way Biff Tannen "invested" with the Sports Almanac.

Just want to put this here. It is a pretty great deal.

Jurassic World Premiere Pack

"This Premiere Pack comes with an Amazon Digital HD copy of Jurassic Park (1993). Additionally, within 24 hours of your purchase, you will be emailed promotional codes to redeem a $15 total value Fandango movie ticket to see Jurassic World in theaters, as well as the Blu-ray Combo Pack pre-order of Jurassic World."

You will receive a code to use for when you pre-order the Blu Ray pack. I believe you will still have to pay for shipping unless you are a Prime member.

This is tempting. Thanks for the post!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/06/15/weekend-box-office-jurassic-world-scores-record-breaking-209m-us-debut/

The weekend actuals are in, and Jurassic World officially broke the opening record domestically as well. I never imagined it would top the original Avengers opening weekend. That's amazing.

So is Chris Pratt on his way to becoming this generation's Harrison Ford? That's quite a winning streak he has going now.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/06/15/weekend-box-office-jurassic-world-scores-record-breaking-209m-us-debut/

The weekend actuals are in, and Jurassic World officially broke the opening record domestically as well. I never imagined it would top the original Avengers opening weekend. That's amazing.

So is Chris Pratt on his way to becoming this generation's Harrison Ford? That's quite a winning streak he has going now.

Rumor has it he's the frontrunner to being the new Indiana Jones.

I saw the movie this weekend. I thought Pratt was great. I thought the movie overall was just OK. Plot was exactly the same as the others. How many times can a dinosaur escape and kill people before they figure a way to stop it?

It seems people do still care about dinosaurs after all. Universal's Jurassic World has taken a bite out of its competition and raked in a massive $204.6 million on its first weekend of release stateside. This puts it ahead of Marvel's Avengers: Age Of Ultron and sets a record as the second biggest domestic opening in history behind The Avengers, which took in $207.4M back in May 2012.

Dinosaurs and big monsters, when handled right, sure seem to bring the box office dollars.

+1

Nothing is impossible in this new, beautiful world of entertainment we find ourselves in. If only my 10 year old self knew what was coming.

And then he would have invested in cheap comics the way Biff Tannen "invested" with the Sports Almanac.

lol

The old 'if I could go back in time and buy all those Action 1's off the stand' dilemma. But then you have to think of all the readers that never would have occurred to make the book collectible. Though I guess if you purchased just ten NM examples, you could buy that island you have always dreamed of.

:ohnoez:

Jurassic World has now officially beat the 1st Avengers for the biggest domestic opening ever.

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/15/jurassic-world-beats-avengers-for-best-opening-weekend-ever/

Amazing!

One thing is when I talk to people who grew up in the 1990s is that they tell me that Jurassic Park was like their Star Wars, even the book back then was a huge seller.

I expect that X-Files, Goosebumps, and Power Rangers will all have similar great revivals of interest.

hm

They all seem close to that Rule of 25 Theory.

Rumor has it he's the frontrunner to being the new Indiana Jones.

I think he would be a great choice, and I'm glad that they are going the James Bond route with the franchise rather than give us the continuing adventures of Shia as Indy Junior.

+1

lol

The old 'if I could go back in time and buy all those Action 1's off the stand' dilemma. But then you have to think of all the readers that never would have occurred to make the book collectible. Though I guess if you purchased just ten NM examples, you could buy that island you have always dreamed of.

:ohnoez:

I suppose in 1982, scouring back issue bins for IH #181 and ASM #129 would have had a relatively small butterfly effect on the hobby. :lol:

Is it a sign of true nerdiness that I've actually given these fantasy time travel scenarios more than a little bit of thought? I owned two vinyl cape Jawas in those days. Two! :frown:

Anybody else happen to notice that 95% of the main cast of Jurassic World are already established Marvel characters?

Chris Pratt - Star-Lord

Bryce Dallas Howard - Gwen Stacy

Vincent D'Onofrio - Kingpin

Ty Simpkins - Harley

Irrfan Khan - Rajit Ratha

Omar Sy - Bishop

Judy Greer - Maggie (in Ant-Man)

Brian Tee - Mori in Agents of Shield, Noburo in The Wolverine

Michael Papajohn - Uncle Ben's killer in the Toby Maguire Spider-Mans

There are probably more, these are the only ones I knew off the top of my head.

WOW!

That's wicked interesting.

Reminds me of in Birdman, where Michael Keaton is trying to think of a possible co-star for his play who isn't in a "cape movie" and winds up hiring The Incredible Hulk.

Double posting are we? :baiting:

WOW!

That's wicked interesting.

Reminds me of in Birdman, where Michael Keaton is trying to think of a possible co-star for his play who isn't in a "cape movie" and winds up hiring The Incredible Hulk.

Double posting are we? :baiting:
Must have been a glitch on my end. hm