• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lego Thread - Yes, Comic Book Related
2 2

408 posts in this topic

Wait until I start my Toy Fair thread... From the reports coming out of both European Toy Fairs, Hasbro is throwing its weight behind two properties, Star Wars Episode VII and Transformers: Combiner Wars.

Wait until you all see the Devastator that is coming this year.

Wait until I start my Toy Fair thread... From the reports coming out of both European Toy Fairs, Hasbro is throwing its weight behind two properties, Star Wars Episode VII and Transformers: Combiner Wars.

:cloud9: My childhood friend had him when we were young. I loved it

:cloud9: My childhood friend had him when we were young. I loved it

Supposedly it is more like the Third Party unlicensed design than the G1 versions...

This is a Lego thread and all... but... I am talking about this:

Side by Side comparison with the G1... This is NOT Hasbro's updated version. Again it is a Third Party unlicensed thing that Hasbro turns a blind eye to.

g1giant01.JPG

Awesome pic. Man that takes me back.

Well, third party is usually never good news. I guess will just have to wait and see.

They don't make toys like they used to anyways.

Remember when Optimus Prime was made of ....gasp.....METAL!

Now THAT was a toy

Awesome pic. Man that takes me back.

Well, third party is usually never good news. I guess will just have to wait and see.

They don't make toys like they used to anyways.

Remember when Optimus Prime was made of ....gasp.....METAL!

Now THAT was a toy

The upcoming Devastator will be an official Hasbro release. However, the third party releases have been of higher quality and craftsmanship than what Hasbro has been offering outside of its Masterpiece line.

There have been a few things I bought to compare and I was more than impressed. The thing is that you are going to "pay" for it. The price of the Third party stuff is usually three times what you would pay for a Hasbro release. The difference seems to be that Hasbro focuses on a price point while the Third Party releases focus on making the things they want in limited numbers and then pricing it accordingly.

Ahh K.

I've been out of the toy arena for quite some time lol

I did notice that the new Omega Supreme looked way better than the original when I was looking at getting a Unicron figure.

Still looking for one of those actually lol

I was just about to go to bed when I saw this.

Lego revealed its next sets under the Lego Ideas banner. Remember these sets are created by fans outside of the Lego company. The Lego review board looks at these crowd supported ideas to assess what models would be viable productions.

The winners:

Wall-E - designed by a Pixar artist who worked on the film. This is a must buy for me. The film is not just one of my favorite Pixar films but one of my favorite films in general.

The second set came as a surprise as there was to be only one. Looks like they will be making Dr Who sets.

Remember... Lego...Only with Lego can Luke Skywalker, Indiana Jones, Spider-man, Batman and the Ghostbusters team up to defeat Darkseid

The Batboat is a kind of ridiculous of a design as it could possibly be.

I was expecting to see a Lego Movie Batmobile but that did not come to pass unfortunately.

2015-02-14-04.52.39.jpg

They are going for larger and more intricate sets but I do not know if the wallets of the masses can continue to support sets of this size.

With that said... an interesting set.

Toy-Fair-2015-LEGO-Ultra-Agents-003.jpg

Does anyone else use LDraw. I downloaded it for the first time in years and cannot for the life of me properly align anything. I would like to design something first in that and then order the parts I need but I am thinking that as of now, or at least as of how it is going, it is easier to go through my own stuff and design what I want from a sketch on paper.