• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lego Thread - Yes, Comic Book Related
2 2

408 posts in this topic

Wait until you see the Speed Champions line... Lego secured licensing with Ferrari (which it previous had) and now Porche along with other companies.

lego-75910-Porsche-918-Spyder-1.jpg

Anyone collect Kre-O sets or would those be like the PGX of Legos? I picked up a Starscream set at Wal-Mart on clearance for $10 and was actually pleasantly surprised at how nice it looked when put together. I thought their G.I. Joe stuff looked pretty cool too.

Anyone collect Kre-O sets or would those be like the PGX of Legos? I picked up a Starscream set at Wal-Mart on clearance for $10 and was actually pleasantly surprised at how nice it looked when put together. I thought their G.I. Joe stuff looked pretty cool too.

I have a couple, but compared to Lego, make mine Lego.

I figured that would probably be the consensus here; just wasn't sure if I would get a beatdown just for mentioning Kre-O :)

I loved Lego as a kid and still play with my nieces and nephews with their sets and my wife's old Legos (I unfortunately sold all of my castle collection years ago). I will say the one thing I didn't like about the Kre-O set was that the pieces didn't stay together very well. My wife knocked over Starscream once and it basically shattered apart. I remember having teeth marks in some of my old Legos from trying to pry some of those suckers apart!

I only have one set which is the Cobra Terror Drome. Me and my son built it early this week on Presidents day. It was a fun build but the quality of the bricks are not great. I really wished Hasbro would have given the license for G.I. Joe's to Lego since I'm a huge fan of that property.

Edited by tiestick2003

I only have one set which is the Cobra Terror Drome. Me and my son built it early this week on Presidents day. It was a fun build but the quality of the bricks are not great. I really wished Hasbro would have given the license for G.I. Joe's to Lego since I'm a huge fan of that property.

That Terror Drome set was what I was looking at; that and the ninja dojo because it includes the HISS plus the Baroness and Destro figures.

The Kre-O bricks are by far inferior to the Lego design. They do not "bond" or "stick" together like Lego bricks do.

However, I have bought a number of sets just to get the figures. The heads are pretty close to Lego heads but with an angled dimension by the cheeks to distinguish the two. While the figures are somewhat in scale with Lego figures they are pretty nice to have as a Joe fan. I bought all of the Kre-O sets on clearance, sold the bricks but kept all the figures, the Hiss Tank and a Trouble Bubble. I have to admit the Hiss Tank was a pretty solid design.

I was playing around with the Lego digital builder the other evening to see what I can do. I cannot wrap my mind around using L-Draw or have not learned the program.

I picked up a hovercraft base on eBay from set 7944 with the intent to design a Killer Whale Hovercraft.

BTW... THIS is why you do not buy complete sets second hand. Someone paid $74.75 shipped for a complete and sealed 7944. I bought the only HTF part for $4 and there are others currently sitting on eBay for $7 shipped.

003.jpg

For any boardies in the Phoenix area, this event is one hell of a lot of fun

http://www.legokidsfest.com/

I took my youngest daughter and 1 of my grandsons to this event when it was here in MPLS, and imo it wasn't worth the $$ we paid to get in. I believe it was $35 a person to get in and they just played with lego. We didn't stay very long, they got bored with it. Plus trying to get into the store that they had set up was a huge pain.

Lego is the new Marvel. Everything else Brand Echh!

:grin:

Lego is the new Marvel. Everything else Brand Echh!

:grin:

:signfunny: