• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lego Thread - Yes, Comic Book Related
2 2

408 posts in this topic

I have the Braniac set. I may post some pics before the end of the weekend. It was built and on my shelf but was taken apart, bagged and put into storage.

However, since I probably won't I will offer my take and a review video I found on youtube.

For $25 you get four minifigures. The Supergirl, Martian Manhunter and Braniac will become rare after the set is retired since they are second, third and fourth tier characters as far as marketing toys are concerned. Basically you may not see them pop up that often in other sets down the line.

The build will take you to school, especially in the formation of the skull since it utilizes SNOT (Studs Not on Top) technique. That dome is pretty rare and not often seen also. It's not bad in my opinion for a $25 set but it has already been out for a year. Get it at Lego with your VIP points or check Amazon once a week for it to be on sale and get it shipped for free with $35 or more if you throw in some other stuff.

Does anybody know if I have a Lego membership but have purchased Lego's at Wal-Mart or Toys R Us, can I add those purchases to my Lego account?

They do not add anything to your Lego account, only those purchased at a lego store or lego.com. Not LEGOLAND either.

Does anybody know if I have a Lego membership but have purchased Lego's at Wal-Mart or Toys R Us, can I add those purchases to my Lego account?

They do not add anything to your Lego account, only those purchased at a lego store or lego.com. Not LEGOLAND either.

Thanks for letting me know, and the heads up about Legoland too.

October is double points month BTW

You only get double points the 1st thru the 4th next month.

That is VERY good to know. I thought it was through the whole month. I have a bunch of things that I am interested in that I will pull the trigger on then.

I bought the Force Awakens Falcon but am glad that I did not wait since ... well for no other reason than I wanted it right then and there...

I'm definitely looking at picking up:

10246 Detective’s Office

21303 WALL•E (If they fix the neck and release it again in time)

There are a bunch of bricks I am looking for so I will have to place another Bricklink order this weekend.

That is VERY good to know. I thought it was through the whole month. I have a bunch of things that I am interested in that I will pull the trigger on then.

I bought the Force Awakens Falcon but am glad that I did not wait since ... well for no other reason than I wanted it right then and there...

10246 Detective’s Office

There are a bunch of bricks I am looking for so I will have to place another Bricklink order this weekend.

From what I understand, Lego will be having other days with double points. So they may have a day or 2 in November and December.

10246 Detective’s Office

Hey Buzz,

while I was at the Lego store last night I picked up Wall-e and also found out that they extended the double points now goes to 14th.

10246 Detective’s Office

Hey Buzz,

while I was at the Lego store last night I picked up Wall-e and also found out that they extended the double points now goes to 14th.

\

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of driving out there tonight. I am assuming that the WALL•E's have been fixed then and I wanted to grab one on double points before they sell out until after the double points are over.

I have two more parts orders coming in over the next couple of days. I will show part of something 'fun' off, hopefully by Sunday.

10246 Detective’s Office

Hey Buzz,

\

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of driving out there tonight. I am assuming that the WALL•E's have been fixed then and I wanted to grab one on double points before they sell out until after the double points are over.

I have two more parts orders coming in over the next couple of days. I will show part of something 'fun' off, hopefully by Sunday.

Excellent! I grabbed the last one at the store I go, so I would call them and ask them to hold it for you until get there. They will usually hold a set for up to 48 hours depending on the store.

Hey Guys, do double points work on the website as well? Thinking about ordering a few things as I don't have a lego store that close to me.

Double points work for both in store and website.

Everybody warm up their VIP cards!

Hey Guys, do double points work on the website as well? Thinking about ordering a few things as I don't have a lego store that close to me.

Double points work for both in store and website.

Everybody warm up their VIP cards!

Also if you spend $75 it's free shipping to the lower 48. If you are spending less, let me know I have a couple of promo cards with free shipping to the lower 48.