• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CHURCH COPY ACTION COMICS #1

157 posts in this topic

All the books on display at the opening were Geppis comics... not the Dentists. Geppi ended up putting them on sale over the weekend, too. Dealers and collectors were invited to the Opening of the Vault on Saturday. From the stories Ive heard., it was a magical morning or excitement, greed, wisjh fulfillment and envy.

For sale confused.gif Why would he put these up for sale?

All the books on display at the opening were Geppis comics... not the Dentists. Geppi ended up putting them on sale over the weekend, too. Dealers and collectors were invited to the Opening of the Vault on Saturday. From the stories Ive heard., it was a magical morning or excitement, greed, wisjh fulfillment and envy.

For sale confused.gif Why would he put these up for sale?

I think youre kidding... but, I dont think he meant to. But every top collector and dealer was there andm Geppi was in a great mood and one thing led to another. Also, he had just bought Overstreets collection, so he had new multiples of everything,. and, as I recall now, many of these books were Bob Overstreets copies.... And they were not listed at cheap prices either. So it was similar to Doug's Vault books approach - - - buy em if you DARE!!!

Its a small word ... Ill bet its the year!!!!! 1938

I was just thinking the same thing.

Maybe someone who was there could chime in? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

sure, but who would remember the inscriptions? But Fischler was there. He may remember. I think they tried to buy a huge pile of books, but the deal was never consummated.... Gepi just couldnt finish the deal.

Its a small word ... Ill bet its the year!!!!! 1938

I was just thinking the same thing.

Maybe someone who was there could chime in? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

sure, but who would remember the inscriptions? But Fischler was there. He may remember. I think they tried to buy a huge pile of books, but the deal was never consummated.... Gepi just couldnt finish the deal.

Hasn't Lou_Fine on these boards said he was there? Perhaps he could shed some light.

I will never forget that night.

Search lights. Actors and actresses made up to appear that they were attending a movie premiere. Photographers taking your photo as you entered just like a Hollywood opening night in the 1940's.

Great food and great people.

And the comics. Bob's books were available for the first time and I saw a feeding frenzy in Steve's office. It was an unbelievable sight.

I have my momento on the desk next to my computer. It's an acrylic block that reads:

Diamond International Galleries (logo)

"Opening of the Vault"

January 25, 1995

And there's an image of bank vault-type door opening.

What an incredible event!

I will never forget that night.

Search lights. Actors and actresses made up to appear that they were attending a movie premiere. Photographers taking your photo as you entered just like a Hollywood opening night in the 1940's.

Great food and great people.

And the comics. Bob's books were available for the first time and I saw a feeding frenzy in Steve's office. It was an unbelievable sight.

I have my momento on the desk next to my computer. It's an acrylic block that reads:

Diamond International Galleries (logo)

"Opening of the Vault"

January 25, 1995

And there's an image of bank vault-type door opening.

What an incredible event!

Ah, so this is ancient history, I thought it was recent news. foreheadslap.gif Appreciate the update. thumbsup2.gif