• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

So why is CBS putting Supergirl in the same timeslot as Gotham on Fox ?

I'm not a big fan of either. Some of the story moves too quick for me,,,, I am

indeed old, but the thought of DC not tapping some one on the shoulder..

batgirl-supergirl_comic11%2Bcrop.jpg

lol

Former WWE Diva Expands About Her Role In Supergirl

"Anyone who reads the comics knows Maxima comes to Earth in search of a mate among the superhero population — specifically Superman," Torres said. "She’s denied by him and she becomes very angry and bitter. We’ll see how that history plays out in the show — every adaptation is a little bit different, but Supergirl does a great job with the source material."

Torres also mentioned that there is the potential for later Maxima appearances on the show later down the road, but nothing set in stone so far.

Overall another excellent episode with one major complaint:

Eddie McClintock's character Col. Harper is identical to Lucy's father. Both are unreasoning bigots who demonstrate not a single trait that would get them to their respective ranks. The tripe Harper was spewing when they interrogated J'onn was something a grammar school child would come up with. It is getting really old really fast and is, at least IMO, some of the absolute worst writing I've seen in any of the shows I watch. Yes, they are there to further the plot but that could have been done with intelligence and some emotion. They really missed out on opportunities with these characters.

Which sucks because I still love this show.

I love this crossover with the Flash, it's nice to see that they're not ignoring the CW like the movie universe does. I'd still like to see Tom Welling on the silver screen as Superman. I heard that they're casting someone else as the Flash in the Justice League - WTF DC!

I love this crossover with the Flash, it's nice to see that they're not ignoring the CW like the movie universe does. I'd still like to see Tom Welling on the silver screen as Superman. I heard that they're casting someone else as the Flash in the Justice League - WTF DC!

It'd be kind of cool to be part of one connective universe like Marvel, but its not all done by one studio the way marvel does it, meaning there's different bosses. And they'd constantly be compared to marvel in terms of MCU, and they probably are afraid they can't do it as well, which is probably true.

Additionally, you lock yourself into and out of specific storylines when its all one big universe, ESPECIALLY when you have (at least) 5 ongoing episodic 22 episodes per season stories going on at once. Keeping continuity with movies would be a nightmare. Marvel has 1.5 network tv shows (both on ABC which is a sister company), and Agent Carter takes place in a fairly distant past, with the Netflix shows being shorter and more tightly controlled and limited in scope, without having to burn a new villain/hero every single week. This is a LOT easier to manage.

DC wants to rule comics TV, and for now it does, even though they bricked on Constantine.

To me, there's much more potential downside than upside for a DC connected movie and tv universe.

It'd be kind of cool to be part of one connective universe like Marvel, but its not all done by one studio the way marvel does it, meaning there's different bosses. And they'd constantly be compared to marvel in terms of MCU, and they probably are afraid they can't do it as well, which is probably true.

Additionally, you lock yourself into and out of specific storylines when its all one big universe, ESPECIALLY when you have (at least) 5 ongoing episodic 22 episodes per season stories going on at once. Keeping continuity with movies would be a nightmare. Marvel has 1.5 network tv shows (both on ABC which is a sister company), and Agent Carter takes place in a fairly distant past, with the Netflix shows being shorter and more tightly controlled and limited in scope, without having to burn a new villain/hero every single week. This is a LOT easier to manage.

DC wants to rule comics TV, and for now it does, even though they bricked on Constantine.

To me, there's much more potential downside than upside for a DC connected movie and tv universe.

Those are some really good points and I hope DC is putting that much thought into it :banana:

I wonder what Marvel will do with their continuity when some actor's contracts expire. Will there be a reboot, or will they follow the comics and put someone new in the suit?

DC didn't give up on Constantine. NBC set that show up for failure with extremely limited marketing, horrible time slot (10 PM, Friday), and didn't make it part of a 'must see' lineup where folks would be fired up to watch.

8-9 PM - "Dateline NBC"

9-10 PM - "Grimm"

10-11 PM - "Constantine"

NBC could have easily associated three shows together as 'Frightening Fridays' as a marketing campaign, and made it popcorn night for people to be glue to their TV.

:o

Original WONDER WOMAN Lynda Carter Will Appear In Season 2 Of SUPERGIRL

Lynda-Carter-will-not-appear-in-new-Wonder-Woman-film.jpg

It sounds like Wonder Woman is coming to Supergirl! Well, sort of. Entertainment Weekly were lucky enough to be at a screening of the show's upcoming crossover with The Flash today, and things wrapped up with executive producers Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti revealing that they're planning to bring Lynda Carter to the CBS series.

"We had the perfect role for Lynda Carter," Berlanti teased before adding: "We couldn’t work out her schedule. Next year." That's a shame, but don't fret, because the legendary actress is still on her way to National City. We're just going to have to wait! "We’re going to do it, we’ll just do it next year," Kreisberg interjected before his colleague revealed: "All right, she’s the female president of the United States."

Well now on to some DC goodness tonight. :popcorn:

I've been home all day watching the Insidious movies (which weren't bad, but I'm looking for a new genre now lol ).

Green Lantern...? (shrug)