• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Kevin Smith has had a great time working with the DC television properties lately, including CW's The Flash and CBS' Supergirl, the latter of which will feature him as director of an upcoming episode.

On his latest Fat Man on Batman podcast, he teases a big moment coming for Melissa Benoist's Supergirl, one that will hit fans with all the feels, and contains significant ripple effects for the (still as yet unconfirmed) season 2.

"That was the cool part of the show was getting spoiler information about future episodes, because, between the episode that had aired and the episode I was directing, there was like 4 episodes that I hadn't seen. So they gave me two episodes to watch, and without the special effects done and stuff, so I saw them doing a lot of this s*** and whatnot. And that actually made it less intimidating, because I was like Oh, I can handle this. Just shoot this and they add the effects later on, but they were talking about the crossover in a way that it was the first of many, and they told me something that I'm not going to f****** share because it will ruin the end of the season for you, but it is amazing. Something's happening that will affect Supergirl in such a great way, that, you think it's like cute puppies and f****** kittens now? You are going to cry when you see how beautiful this f****** thing is."

Finally watched episodes 9 and 10 :banana:

Both great episodes and it's good to know the series is still running strong. I avoided the spoilers earlier in the thread however I understand there wasn't much love for Toyman...? Not sure why... plenty of ridiculous toy weapons and Henry Czerny did a great job of hamming up the evil villain (thumbs u

Oh and...

Paulina.png:luhv:

OK. I have a couple of questions. Well, not questions really. More nitpicking...

Why would the Lord Research Facility have all that suped up security... but have a lock on the outer door that could be kicked off by Jimmy Olsen? (shrug)

It finally occurred to me when watching Supergirl inhale the poison gas, how does she have an increased lung capacity? hm She has superpowers, not magic lungs. Her vital capacity would be limited by the size of her lungs regardless of her abilities.

I can't believe I never thought about that before... ;)

It finally occurred to me when watching Supergirl inhale the poison gas, how does she have an increased lung capacity? hm She has superpowers, not magic lungs. Her vital capacity would be limited by the size of her lungs regardless of her abilities.

I can't believe I never thought about that before... ;)

An answer on the second spoiler topic.

I would think this applies to intake of gases of any sort as well.

Superpowerwiki: Enhanced Lung Capacity

The user has a tremendous lung capacity and/or ability to use the oxygen very effectively enabling them to hold their breath for extended periods of time while staying active. This may also include birdlike lungs that allow the user to keep their lungs constantly filled with fresh air.

Why would the Lord Research Facility have all that suped up security... but have a lock on the outer door that could be kicked off by Jimmy Olsen? (shrug)

Do you mean Episode 9?

An answer on the second spoiler topic.

I would think this applies to intake of gases of any sort as well.

Superpowerwiki: Enhanced Lung Capacity

The user has a tremendous lung capacity and/or ability to use the oxygen very effectively enabling them to hold their breath for extended periods of time while staying active. This may also include birdlike lungs that allow the user to keep their lungs constantly filled with fresh air.

Must be Phantom Zone lungs!

Do you mean Episode 9?

Yes Ep 9...

...where Jimmy James is snooping round the Lord Research Facility following the battle. That fight between Supergirl and the Kryptonians caused so much damage, I'm surprised Batman didn't show up to mete out his own brand of justice... ;)

New Supergirl Synopsis Reveals Former WWE Diva Eve Torres Is Maxima

:o

CBS has released an official synopsis for the April 11th episode of Supergirl, titled "Myriad," and it reveals that former WWE Diva Eve Torres will guest star as Maxima.

Kara must find a way to free her friends when Non (Chris Vance) and Indigo (Laura Vandervoort) use mind control to turn National City’s citizens into their own army.

Smallville had a Maxima guest appearance that I enjoyed.

Tomorrow.

:whee:

Finally watched episodes 9 and 10 :banana:

Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whee:(thumbs u:banana::hi:

:banana::whee::banana:

:whee::banana::whee::banana::whee:

Back on track (thumbs u

So does it air Mondays there and if so, you got one tomorrow?

Fridays over here. This Friday is Ep 11.

I really liked Supergirl this week. But to see they are starting to mention and show Superman more adds to the excitement.

Now, make him appear for longer than a tiny glimpse. That would be really cool.