• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

'Supergirl' Writers Tease Character Death In The Finale: Will Superman Die In S01E20?

After the soaring success of The Flash crossover, Supergirl returns in episode 19 with the threat of humanity's eradication at the hands of the villain duo Non and Indigo. With Kara pitted against her mind-controlled sister at the episode's conclusion, Myriad set up a thrilling and high-stakes finale. And if the latest teasers and trailers are anything to go by, someone's not returning for season 2.

To hype up the finale, both Kevin Smith (one of the season writers) and Greg Berlanti (executive producer) have been hinting at huge, life-changing events for Kara in S01E20.

"Something's happening that will affect Supergirl in such a great way that, you think it's like cute puppies and :censored: kittens now? You are going to cry when you see how beautiful this :censored: thing is." said Smith.

:o

Winn? Alex?

When are they going to renew this got next year already!

It's really staring to hit its stride - what're they waiting for?

I don't like what's happening at CBS with this, but its an expensive show and they made a point earlier with Melissa McCarthy's long-running sitcom.

‘The ‘S’ is for sprinkles!’ and Season 2: ‘Supergirl’ cast celebrates every day with donuts

Women in TV and film are under so much pressure to keep a figure that is up to Hollywood’s impossibly thin or perfectly curvy standards, which is what makes the Instagram account of “Supergirl” executive producer Ali Adler so awesome. Adler constantly posts photos of the show’s star, Melissa Benoist, nom-nom’ing down on donuts. Not as “guilty pleasures” or just holding them for photo’s sake, she happily devours frosted, sprinkled and glazed treats on a daily basis.

There’s only one more day until the finale of “Supergirl” airs, and while viewers worry as to why CBS has not renewed the the hit show, fear not Kara Zor-El fans.

Keep calm and donut on.

“Supergirl” is coming back. How do we know? Fellow EPs Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kresiberg have already discussed casting decisions for Season 2 with Zap2it, and because the network doesn’t normally announce renewal decisions until a series has wrapped up.

CBS likes to wait until the end of a season.

‘The ‘S’ is for sprinkles!’ and Season 2: ‘Supergirl’ cast celebrates every day with donuts

Women in TV and film are under so much pressure to keep a figure that is up to Hollywood’s impossibly thin or perfectly curvy standards, which is what makes the Instagram account of “Supergirl” executive producer Ali Adler so awesome. Adler constantly posts photos of the show’s star, Melissa Benoist, nom-nom’ing down on donuts. Not as “guilty pleasures” or just holding them for photo’s sake, she happily devours frosted, sprinkled and glazed treats on a daily basis.

There’s only one more day until the finale of “Supergirl” airs, and while viewers worry as to why CBS has not renewed the the hit show, fear not Kara Zor-El fans.

Keep calm and donut on.

“Supergirl” is coming back. How do we know? Fellow EPs Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kresiberg have already discussed casting decisions for Season 2 with Zap2it, and because the network doesn’t normally announce renewal decisions until a series has wrapped up.

CBS likes to wait until the end of a season.

:wishluck:

I have seen some where it is mentioned (part of an episode with Killer frost, so know our science girlfriend is evil there.) so catch me up if I missed something, please. :popcorn:

No worries at all.

So depending on what Earth version is being portrayed, you can have different character presentations and events take place. And that is how DC/Warner is using TV versus movie differences as part of the concept.

So in the movie universe, Superman died. In the TV universe Supergirl is in, her cousin is alive and in contact with her. With the Arrow-Flash universe, I don't think they have mentioned Superman directly yet.

I had a hard time with The Flash initially and was about 2/3 through season 1 when I stopped. The hype for Supergirl/Flash crossover got me back into The Flash, which I binged to be fully caught up on. So at 1:17 when Barry says "I saw someone do this once" as he approaches the white board. I got it.

I feel like Cap getting the flying monkeys reference in the first Avengers movie.

What's really surprised me, is I'm really starting to like Cat Grant. She's one of my favorite characters. I couldn't stand her in the beginning...but last night

the

"She's my protege", and calling her Kara at the end

, just solidified it for me. She's really good. I used to look forward to the Blacklist and Grimm, maybe some guilty watching of Nashville, but this is absolutely my favorite show.

What's really surprised me, is I'm really starting to like Cat Grant. She's one of my favorite characters. I couldn't stand her in the beginning...but last night

the

, just solidified it for me. She's really good. I used to look forward to the Blacklist and Grimm, maybe some guilty watching of Nashville, but this is absolutely my favorite show.

I agree Sharon, I look forward to every episode. great show.

the

Calista Flockhart totally killed it in the Flash crossover! She's one of the main reasons to watch! And the writers aren't afraid to take shots at pop culture and even Calista herself with the Harrison Ford bit.

I really hope CBS is smart enough to renew it.