• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

I really liked Supergirl this week. But to see they are starting to mention and show Superman more adds to the excitement.

Now, make him appear for longer than a tiny glimpse. That would be really cool.

I don't think we'll ever see Superman on Supergirl. If they did show Superman, it would likely be well done the dark and cold version we've seen in the two Snyder-directed films -- and thus upstage the film version. So, sadly for the fans, I don't see it happening.

I really liked Supergirl this week. But to see they are starting to mention and show Superman more adds to the excitement.

Now, make him appear for longer than a tiny glimpse. That would be really cool.

Hang on a minute... isn't he dead?

Hang on a minute... isn't he dead?
Don't worry he only appeared the size of an ant. ;)

Looks like DC is ripping off Marvel's heroes, to promote its more non-revelant characters.

lol

Just watched Episode 11. You know, the one with...

...the White Martian.

Loved it! Started a little slow but 5 minutes in... plenty of action (thumbs u The transition from normal Hank to angry Hank was very well done. A great range of emotions from David Harewood.

I have another nit-picking question...

Why did the White Martian's finger get shot off when they're supposed to be invulnerable...?

Just watched Episode 11. You know, the one with...

...the White Martian.

Loved it! Started a little slow but 5 minutes in... plenty of action (thumbs u The transition from normal Hank to angry Hank was very well done. A great range of emotions from David Harewood.

I have another nit-picking question...

Why did the White Martian's finger get shot off when they're supposed to be invulnerable...?

:whee:

:applause:

When the White Martian gets its finger shot off while in the form of Miranda Crane, the finger reverts to its normal form. So I wonder if it had to do with the fact it had transformed into another being.

When the White Martian gets its finger shot off while in the form of Miranda Crane, the finger reverts to its normal form. So I wonder if it had to do with the fact it had transformed into another being.

hm

Vulnerable while shape-shifted.

Works for me (thumbs u

I hope no one minds me putting my 5000th post here in my fav thread...

Oh and to stay on topic...

Supergirl-JS-tvgm-812x522.jpg

Let me be the first to congratulate you on posting #5,000 in this thread.

Is Superman dead?

Which Earth are we talking about? Is Supergirl from Earth 1 or Earth 2? Or is she on Earth 36? Earth 24? Earth 52? Which Flash exists on her Earth? Barry Allen came from another Earth. Is the GA Flash from her Earth? Haven't seen him yet. hm

Is Superman dead?

Which Earth are we talking about? Is Supergirl from Earth 1 or Earth 2? Or is she on Earth 36? Earth 24? Earth 52? Which Flash exists on her Earth? Barry Allen came from another Earth. Is the GA Flash from her Earth? Haven't seen him yet. hm

Did you watch the episode with Barry Allen about the Multiverse?

I have seen some where it is mentioned (part of an episode with Killer frost, so know our science girlfriend is evil there.) so catch me up if I missed something, please. :popcorn:

I have seen some where it is mentioned (part of an episode with Killer frost, so know our science girlfriend is evil there.) so catch me up if I missed something, please. :popcorn:

No worries at all.

So depending on what Earth version is being portrayed, you can have different character presentations and events take place. And that is how DC/Warner is using TV versus movie differences as part of the concept.

So in the movie universe, Superman died. In the TV universe Supergirl is in, her cousin is alive and in contact with her. With the Arrow-Flash universe, I don't think they have mentioned Superman directly yet.

Batman v Superman Will Not Be Set In The Same Universe As The Arrow And Flash TV Shows

DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns was on hand at the Television Critics Association press tour today, and, according to IGN, put a final nail in the coffin that is the idea of a Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice/Arrow/Flash connection. Said Johns (who is a co-creator of Flash and an executive producer on Batman vs. Superman),

"You'll see a lot of DC universe characters [on The Flash and Arrow]. You won't see Batman or Superman. We're on production on Batman V Superman now. So you'll see characters like The Atom or Firestorm, but no not Batman or Superman right now [on TV]."

I think this is DC/Warner's way of working across stories without the universe they select limiting which one can be included. So you can have a Dark Knight Returns and a Crisis On Infinite Earths happening at the same time.