• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

2) A response to NEG's statement that Pertwee was better than Baker?

hm

Coz we all know the answer is Davison :grin:

He was a good Doctor (he let Adrick stay dead-so bonus points) and his episodes were very well produced for the time. I just was confused at the time with the celery. lol I remember the surprise I got when I instantly recognized him on a Magnum p.i. episode one night in the 80's.

Now is that...

1) "Oh come on! Can't wait for season 2!" :banana:

or

hm

supergirl-whisk_zpssncpevmz.jpg

I'll need that drink. I have to wait until 2017 for S2 :o

I blame it on Brexit... ;)

Now is that...

or

hm

Are you serious? When do the other CW things like FLASH and ARROW air? Same time frame?

Now is that...

or

hm

Are you serious? When do the other CW things like FLASH and ARROW air? Same time frame?

They've been aired in the same way Supergirl was, with a mid-season break. Bosco mentioned Supergirl wouldn't hit the UK until 2017... so it might be the same for Arrow and Flash!

They've been aired in the same way Supergirl was, with a mid-season break. Bosco mentioned Supergirl wouldn't hit the UK until 2017... so it might be the same for Arrow and Flash!

:blush:

You missed the spoiler.

SUPERGIRL Season One Is Coming To The CW Sooner Than Expected

The CW announced today that they will be airing the first season of Supergirl this August starting on the first of the month. Two episodes will air back to back on Monday night from 8pm in the build up to the season two premiere in October. That should give you the perfect opportunity to catch up or even check out the series for the very first time if its move now has you intrigued about what to expect.

Season two of Supergirl is currently set to premiere on The CW on October 10th, later this year.

For fans of the show in the UK, the entire Season Two will not be aired until 2020, so hang in there. Your USA counterparts won't spill the beans. Promise!

:jokealert:

hmmm-alright.gif

:baiting:

:blush:

You missed the spoiler.

SUPERGIRL Season One Is Coming To The CW Sooner Than Expected

The CW announced today that they will be airing the first season of Supergirl this August starting on the first of the month. Two episodes will air back to back on Monday night from 8pm in the build up to the season two premiere in October. That should give you the perfect opportunity to catch up or even check out the series for the very first time if its move now has you intrigued about what to expect.

Season two of Supergirl is currently set to premiere on The CW on October 10th, later this year.

For fans of the show in the UK, the entire Season Two will not be aired until 2020, so hang in there. Your USA counterparts won't spill the beans. Promise!

:jokealert:

hmmm-alright.gif

:baiting:

loldoh!

I didn't read the spoiler because I thought it was a spoiler!

Didn't it say 2017 when I read it? (shrug)

Anyway, very good. You got me there!

I was re-watching 'Whiplash' the other night with Miles Teller and Melissa Benoist. Even then, she really stood out though her role was quite brief.

I was watching this scene and thinking, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!"

Tyler Hoechlin Talks About Becoming SUPERMAN And Joining SUPERGIRL

Ei0FxTF.png

“It’s an incredibly humbling and flattering thing to be given that opportunity,” said Hoechlin. "I know it’s such an iconic character that means so much to a lot of people. The interesting thing to me is meeting people who are much older than me and saying, 'Oh Superman has always been my hero' and shaking my hand, it’s such a weird position to be in because you’re not just assuming that this is a character for a younger generation, it’s for anyone who’s a fan of the character. It’s really exciting; I’m really looking forward to be putting our own spin on it, seeing where this character fits into this storyline, and this version of Superman. Like I said, I take it with great respect for the character and hat it means to people so I’m excited to get to work on it and see what comes out of it.”

Hoechlin when offered the role by Greg Berlanti:

"I had been meeting with Greg Berlanti and Andrew [Kreisberg] over there at his office and we just sat – I didn’t know what the meeting was for originally and it kind of came up and they said, 'Is this something you would like to talk about?' and I was like, 'Yeah, sure, let’s talk about it.' And I think we had similar views in what makes the character interesting and fascinating, and it just kind of worked out."

Season 2 of Supergirl will premiere on The CW on October 10th, but in the buildup to that you can see all of the first season's episodes back-to-back on the network from Monday, August 1 at 8 PM.

bQjNJ0B.jpg

Chris Wood Cast As Surprise DC Comics Character In Supergirl Season 2

480476092-jpg.jpg

Chris Wood has been cast as a series regular in Supergirl Season 2. Details about Wood’s character are vague at the moment, but he will make his debut early in the season as a “surprise DC Comics character.”

Wood’s past work includes The Vampire Diaries, Carrie Diaries, and Containment. He’s also set to recur in Season 2 of PBS’ Civil War drama Mercy Street as Lance Van Der Berg, a Union soldier who lodges at the home of the Greens and enters a romantic relationship with Alice.

Kyle Rayner?

hm

:applause:

I had posted an article about that the other day in the Arrow thread, as the assumption was these were characters being lined up for that show.

This would be even better!

:whee:

Identity Of Chris Wood's DC Comics Character In SUPERGIRL May Have Been Revealed

Bleeding Cool claims to have learned his identity. Apparently, it was Mon-El who was in the pod that crash landed to Earth.

A member of the Legion of Superheroes, Mon was initially mistaken for a Kryptonian by Superboy in the source material before it was revealed that he was actually a member of the Daxamite race. He's also served as part of both the Green Lantern Corps and Justice League, and while his history with Supergirl is a little on the thin side, there's obviously a lot which can be done with a character like this.

Legion+Of+Super-Heroes%252C+Volume+4%252C+Number+4.jpg

Supergirl v Superman in Season 2?

Last night, Supergirl executive producer teased that the show's upcoming family reunion might not be as smooth as expected. Speaking at the show's SDCC presentation, Sarah Schechter said that Superman and Supergirl may clash on the upcoming season of the show. “Clark has a very different experience of what it means to have super powers on earth,” Schechter told the audience. “There’s some head-butting and philosophical approaches that are different. Well get into that.”

When asked why both Superman was appearing on this season, Schechter said that Supergirl's core message was about family. “This show is about family, the family you make as an adult and the family you came from. It makes sense for Kara to reconnect with him now.” She also added that Superman and Supergirl spending time together hinted at "big things" happening, which could also explain why Lynda Carter was cast as the president of the United States.

:whee: