• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

...Of course, with all this DC hype going on right now, the question on everyone's lips is "could Supergirl take Wonder Woman?" hm
Bring in Cassie Sandsmark's "Wondergirl" for a Melrose Place type catfight and watch the ratings explode as well as WW #105's. lol

SUPERGIRL Will Be The Focus Of The Four-Show CW Superhero Crossover

While details are still scarce on how Kara will arrive on the new earth from her current one, executive producer Marc Guggenheim (speaking at Comic-Con) revealed that her presence, along with a new threat, is what will instigate the events of the episodes. "It’s an external threat from outside the shows that will involve Supergirl coming over to The Flash, then Arrow then Legends of Tomorrow."

:whee:

Tyler Hoechlin's Superman TV Costume Compared with DC Movies & Comics

Today we got our first look at Hoechlin in comstume as Superman, and the internet is buzzing about this latest addition to the DC TV Mulitverse.

Hoechlin's costume comes by far the closest, adopting the same "space man suit" look and aesthetic, with the boots, belt, and shoulder padding pretty much sealing the comparison. As stated, the DCEU movies went a different direction under Zack Snyder, with Cavill's costume echoing themes of the New 52 outfit, but with that whole "alien skin" aesthetic layered on top.

supergirl-season-2-superman-costume-192698.jpg

superman-rebirth-by-andy-park-192715.jpg

I'm not feeling it...

I'm hoping the final results will work in this case. It would be a shame otherwise.

On the plus side, most of us didn't like Supergirl's costume when we saw the first picture!

I've just finished watching the last few episodes. Excellent series. Loved the crossover with Flash. We need more of those! Silver Banshee didn't look anywhere near as bad as the preview shots... so there's hope yet for Supes ;) I also thought the last two episodes were on par with the rest of the series. Good stuff.

Just a few minor fanboy issues...

1) Martian Manhunter seems a bit too vulnerable (but a great character).

2) Why didn't Alex retain that Krypto-suit. Surely that would come in handy later on!

3) In Ep17, MM saves Jeremiah from a snake, that act being the start of their friendship. That was a Burmese Python. They're the huggy-type, not the bitey-type, and pretty slow moving too. Surely turning in the opposite direction and running would have sufficed.

4) If it's not Streaky in the pod, I'm writing a letter of complaint.

supergirl-season-2-superman-costume-192698.jpg

I'm not feeling it...

Poor casting choice. Looks nothing like. Perhaps he'll compensate with some impressive acting?