• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Action-Packed SUPERGIRL Season 2 Set Video Shows Superman Battling A Kryptonite Powered Foe

As of right now, all we know is that Superman will appear in the first two episodes of Supergirl when it hits The CW this Fall. However, a new photo and video from the Vancouver set (via Spoiler TV) show off some very interesting action with the Man of Steel as he dons a modified costume while heading into battle against an unknown villain wearing some sort of glowing green device over his chest.

Chances are that this is Metallo in his human form, but it could just be some sort of random villain. That strange device over the symbol on his chest seems to be protecting Superman anyway as he deals with his foe pretty easily, but it will be interesting seeing how this factors into Supergirl when it airs later this year.

Well Supes looks kind of ticked off right there! He's got some street fight moves!

Lena Luthor Joins Supergirl Season 2

With yesterday's set images revealing Luthor Corp, it's now learned Supergirl Season 2 will feature Lena Luthor.

TV Line reports Katie McGrath (Dracula, Merlin, Jurassic World) will play the sister to Lex Luthor (who hasn't been cast for Supergirl), with the character described as:

“Beautiful, powerful, and enigmatic, Lena arrives in National City on the heels of brother Lex’s incarceration hoping for a fresh start. Lena has taken over as CEO of her family’s billion-dollar-tech company, Luthor Corp, which has been tarnished by Lex’s evil infamy. Her goal? To re-brand the empire as a force for good. Lena wants to be seen as her own person, separate from her brother. Kara is drawn into Lena’s sphere and must determine if she is friend or foe.”

Now that the show's on the CW, it would be cool if they could have an episode where Supergirl somehow ends up on another Earth and it's the "Earth" where Smallville happened. It could take place 10 years after the Smallville finale and Clark is Superman now, bring back Lex and Lana, etc. and even have a scene where the Melissa Benoist Supergirl meets the Laura Vandervoort Supergirl. I guess it would cost too much to get all of those actors on board for a single episode, but even if you could only come up with a handful of them, it could make for a fun idea. Maybe if this show can last a few more seasons, it's something they might consider?

Not sure what I'm doing about Supergirl: Season 1 on Tuesday.

I have a $10 coupon for Best Buy or I can get it for $30 (through Redcard) at Target (I think it's a Special Edition of some kind there.)

Then...

We are getting awfully close to Black Friday.

Last year every store had all the Supernaturals, Gotham Arrows, Flash for $10. Just no iZombie: Season 1's (they price crashed literally at Christmas.)

I want to be like Kenny (Rogers) and "Know when to hold 'em, Know when to walk away and know when to run..." (I'm guessing that showed my age a little.)

I'm betting, I'll pick up one (Target) and hold off on Arrow, Flash, Gotham and Legends... until Black Friday.

RUMOR: The Events Of "Flashpoint" Will Merge SUPERGIRL's World With Earth-1 In Season 2

Bleeding Cool has today revealed the biggest and most exciting change as this event will apparently be what brings Supergirl permanently to Earth-1.

The character currently hails from another dimension which The Flash inadvertently visited a while back, but "As of the upcoming Flashpoint crossover storyline, Supergirl will now be a part of the main DC TV universe. Only Barry Allen will know that they were once separate… any remaining continuity issues will be handwaved as 'a time traveller did it.'" What this means is that Superman and Supergirl have always been part of The CW-verse, and this makes that upcoming crossover easier!

RUMOR: The Events Of "Flashpoint" Will Merge SUPERGIRL's World With Earth-1 In Season 2

Bleeding Cool has today revealed the biggest and most exciting change as this event will apparently be what brings Supergirl permanently to Earth-1.

The character currently hails from another dimension which The Flash inadvertently visited a while back, but "As of the upcoming Flashpoint crossover storyline, Supergirl will now be a part of the main DC TV universe. Only Barry Allen will know that they were once separate… any remaining continuity issues will be handwaved as 'a time traveller did it.'" What this means is that Superman and Supergirl have always been part of The CW-verse, and this makes that upcoming crossover easier!

Well that makes things easier! Problem solved. lol

EXCLUSIVE: Supergirl Season 1 Villains Featurette

Supergirl season one hits Blu-ray and DVD tomorrow, August 9, 2016, with a host of brand-new special features. The full 2015 Comic-Con panel introducing the cast to the world, a documentary on Martian Manhunter, a documentary on Krypton, a gag reel, and select deleted scenes are all on the discs.But we have an exclusive featurette for you right here and now, taking a look at the villains Kara Zor-El (Melissa Benoist) faced in her first season. The featurette shows how characters like Silver Banshee, Master Jailer, Livewire, Indigo and more looked on the show and how they look in the pages of DC Comics.

Exclusive Supergirl Season 1 Featurette... by comicbookdotcom :whee:

I want to be like Kenny (Rogers) and "Know when to hold 'em, Know when to walk away and know when to run..." (I'm guessing that showed my age a little.)

I like his food (thumbs u When I go abroad, it's the closest thing I can get to "British".

I bought it today to catch up with it better and watch the features. It'll be the last new TV series I buy before Black Friday. Although Blindspot is drawing me in now.

Good choice. Then when Black Friday arrives, you should get Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow... ok maybe not that last one...

I bought it today to catch up with it better and watch the features. It'll be the last new TV series I buy before Black Friday. Although Blindspot is drawing me in now.

Good choice. Then when Black Friday arrives, you should get Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow... ok maybe not that last one...

Gotham maybe?

I still haven't opened the first season set I bought last year. I just literally have no time.

But, after completing my Superman news article (I'll share it on here once it's in print,) I was feeling sentimental for that series. I've had John Williams and John Ottoman's score blasting in my truck for a week as I wrote little stuff here and there.

Gotham maybe?

I still haven't opened the first season set I bought last year. I just literally have no time.

But, after completing my Superman news article (I'll share it on here once it's in print,) I was feeling sentimental for that series. I've had John Williams and John Ottoman's score blasting in my truck for a week as I wrote little stuff here and there.

The music of inspiration... look forward to the article (thumbs u

NOOOOO... not Gotham :ohnoez: (Not a fan)

Gotham maybe?

The music of inspiration... look forward to the article (thumbs u

NOOOOO... not Gotham :ohnoez: (Not a fan)

A lot of people knock Superman Returns, Ottoman melded a little of Danny Elfman in too, especially in tracks #3 and 5. At somepoints it feels a little like Batman.

Thank you. I always wanted to do an article on a real life superhero. The first and last three paragraphs fire on all cylinders. Just touching up the middle before next Tuesday's deadline.

Supergirl Season 2 Synopsis Released

Based on the DC character, Supergirl AKA Kara Zor-El (Melissa Benoist), decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and become the hero who she was always meant to be on The CW series, “Supergirl.”

Now, in Season Two, Kara has left the safety of being Cat Grant’s assistant in order to figure out what she really wants to do, while as Supergirl she continues to work at the DEO, protecting the citizens of National City and searching for Jeremiah and Cadmus. Along the way, she will team up with Superman (Tyler Hoechlin) to battle new villains, as she strives to balance her personal life with her life as a superhero.

Distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. International Television Distribution, SUPERGIRL is executive produced by Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Flash”), Ali Adler (“The New Normal”), Andrew Kreisberg (“The Flash,” “Arrow”) and Sarah Schechter (“Blindspot,” “The Mysteries of Laura”). Supergirl is based on the characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and appearing in DC Comics, by special arrangement with the Jerry Siegel Family.