• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Wonder Woman's first season was on ABC. Set in WW2, the show was a hit for the network but if I'm correct ABC didn't want to go forward with a (costly)period piece and didn't renew, but CBS stepped in picked it up, and it ran for two more seasons, albeit, set in modern(70's at that time)times.

ABC was cost cutting up a storm right down to her actual spinning transformations into WW.

Gone went the slow-mo ballerina spinning as it changed into an explosion that no one seemed to ever hear. lol

Now that is an interesting piece of TV history!

Hopefully we'll get at least 3 seasons out of Supergirl.

They have the foundation for a great show.

They just need to tweak a few things.

Like say bye-bye to James Olsen, give Kara a week off from being super once and a while, visit another city once in a while (even Nancy drew left River Heights once and a while,) she needs a younger version of herself for the audience to connect with better for a second season, no more villains in matching jumpsuits, Faye Dunaway really needs to show up, etc.

Wonder Woman's first season was on ABC. Set in WW2, the show was a hit for the network but if I'm correct ABC didn't want to go forward with a (costly)period piece and didn't renew, but CBS stepped in picked it up, and it ran for two more seasons, albeit, set in modern(70's at that time)times.

ABC was cost cutting up a storm right down to her actual spinning transformations into WW.

Gone went the slow-mo ballerina spinning as it changed into an explosion that no one seemed to ever hear. lol

lol I've always wondered to how no one could hear that explosion sound

Like say bye-bye to James Olsen, give Kara a week off from being super once and a while, visit another city once in a while (even Nancy drew left River Heights once and a while,) she needs a younger version of herself for the audience to connect with better for a second season, no more villains in matching jumpsuits, Faye Dunaway really needs to show up, etc.

Nope & nope ;)

I like James Olsen... am I in the minority? (shrug)

Nope & nope ;)

Probably not. I have a feeling some boardies on here will chime in to put me in my place.

To me, he has zero chemistry with Benoist.

The whole affair feels rushed.

By the last episodes, he was an after thought somewhat, until the plot mechanics needed him as a "damsel in distress."

Maybe, I'm just protective of Benoist's character who is so innocent as well. I don't know.

Just my 2c

I know, I know.

About Dunaway,

"Forget it Jerel, it's National City." ;)

Nope & nope ;)

Probably not. I have a feeling some boardies on here will chime in to put me in my place.

To me, he has zero chemistry with Benoist.

The whole affair feels rushed.

By the last episodes, he was an after thought somewhat, until the plot mechanics needed him as a "damsel in distress."

Maybe, I'm just protective of Benoist's character who is so innocent as well. I don't know.

Just my 2c

I know, I know.

About Dunaway,

"Forget it Jerel, it's National City." ;)

Ok, Dunaway's in, as long as she doesn't ham it up this time... ;)

I like the fact James - for the most part - is a laid back, voice of reason character. The fact he's the "love interest" can be attributed to the other guy (Winn) not really cutting it at any level.

Steve, has your kid caught Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir yet?

Seems like a great Supergirl/superhero launching point for the wee one. (thumbs u

Not yet but I just checked it out and think she'd like it. She's currently into watching "PJ Masks" on Disney Jnr. That's an awesome introduction into superheroes. I highly recommend it to parents whose kids don't seem interested in superheroes (thumbs u

Seems like a great Supergirl/superhero launching point for the wee one. (thumbs u

Not yet but I just checked it out and think she'd like it. She's currently into watching "PJ Masks" on Disney Jnr. That's an awesome introduction into superheroes. I highly recommend it to parents whose kids don't seem interested in superheroes (thumbs u

:gossip: Adventures of Supergirl #2 out today.

:gossip: Adventures of Supergirl #2 out today.

Thanks again for the heads up, Jerel :)

Grant Gustin Thinks Flash And Supergirl Would Be A Good Match

The series' third season, which launches in the fall, will "be like waking up in wonderland," series regular Carlos Valdes told DC All Access in a video interview embedded below. He promised alternate versions of characters and relationships with whom the viewer is familiar.

"We had a really fun dynamic and I bet next year, there's probably more crossovers than we've ever had," Gustin said, adding when prompted that Barry and Kara "would be a good match."

If only NBC`s Constantine had gotten this same chance.

You will definitely get three seasons of Supergirl as now CW doesn`t have the same ratings quota as CBS,NBC and ABC.

Also with it being tied into Flash should help.

Superman to Guest Star on Supergirl

Whoa, talk about a huge announcement from the executive producers at Supergirl! The "World's-First-Superhero-Sized" Elephant in the room is finally going to be filled! To welcome Supergirl to The CW in the first two episodes of season 2, Superman himself will appear on the show. No, not like he has before with glimpses and boots but a real actor to portray the Man of Steel! The Executive Producing Team has this to say through a CW release:

Greg [berlanti], Ali [Adler] and I are beyond thrilled to welcome Clark Kent and his slightly-more-famous alter ego to the world of Supergirl,” says executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. “Superman will be appearing in the first two episodes of the new season we cannot wait to see who next dons the red cape!

:o Come on, make it Tom Welling! :wishluck:

Whoa, talk about a huge announcement from the executive producers at Supergirl! The "World's-First-Superhero-Sized" Elephant in the room is finally going to be filled! To welcome Supergirl to The CW in the first two episodes of season 2, Superman himself will appear on the show. No, not like he has before with glimpses and boots but a real actor to portray the Man of Steel! The Executive Producing Team has this to say through a CW release:

Greg [berlanti], Ali [Adler] and I are beyond thrilled to welcome Clark Kent and his slightly-more-famous alter ego to the world of Supergirl,” says executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. “Superman will be appearing in the first two episodes of the new season we cannot wait to see who next dons the red cape!

+1000000000000

+1000000000000

:wishluck: I really hope Tom will play Supes also. Regardless, this is good news for the show.

+1000000000000

:wishluck: I really hope Tom will play Supes also. Regardless, this is good news for the show.

Henry Cavill :sumo: