• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

The rumours about Crisis on Infinite Earths were bad enough... i.e. Supergirl would most likely die. But with Flashpoint, she'll end up wearing the New 52 leotard with codpiece :ohnoez:

I thought this was confirmed already.

Chris Wood To Play Mon-El in Supergirl

chris-wood-2-banner.png

After weeks of speculation and a Comic Con International: San Diego panel that gave away a few tantalizing bits of information but not the whole story, The CW today revealed that Chris Wood will play Mon-El in Supergirl.

The character has been reinvented a few times over the years, but in all versions serves as a hero with abilities similar to those of Superman -- a Daxamite, an alien race with similar powers to Kryptonians but a weakness to lead instead of Kryptonite -- and most often he has ties to the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Kevin Smith To Direct An Episode Of SUPERGIRL In Season 2!

Smith recently took to FAT MAN ON BATMAN to announce that he'd be directing an episode of Season 2 of SUPERGIRL as well. Here's what he had to say:

“They just announced today at CW’s presentation at the TCA that a certain hockey jersey-wearing, baseball cap subverting large man is going to be directing an episode of SUPERGIRL, and that person is me, proving once again that if you just tell people in life what you want, it’ll happen. I literally just mentioned out loud just a few months ago at this point. I was like, ‘I’d love to direct an episode of SUPERGIRL.’ And guess what happened? Now I’m directing an episode of SUPERGIRL. Thrilling!"

“I’m gonna do that for everything. Watch this sh*t. I’d love to direct an episode of GAME OF THRONES (Waits. Nothing happens). F**k. Well, you know what? It takes time. It took time with SUPERGIRL.”

Is Joss Whedon Directing The Supergirl-Flash Musical Crossover?

Though we knew a four-show mega-event crossover was coming, it was also recently announced that another crossover will arrive in the upcoming season between The Flash and Supergirl – this time, with a musical element. Now, we have an idea of who will be directing the episodes and what villain Kara Danvers (Melissa Benoist) and Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) will be facing.

Best known for breaking the casting announcement for Marvel/Netflix’s Iron Fist, That Hashtag Show is reporting Joss Whedon will direct the two-part crossover event, with Batman: The Brave and the Bold’s Music Meister expected to appear as the villain. Whedon is, of course, who had his hand in multiple well-known geek properties like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly – the former which featured a fan-favorite musical episode in season 6, ‘Once More, With Feeling’ – Marvel’s The Avengers, and Doctor Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog.

:o:o

Though we knew a four-show mega-event crossover was coming, it was also recently announced that another crossover will arrive in the upcoming season between The Flash and Supergirl – this time, with a musical element. Now, we have an idea of who will be directing the episodes and what villain Kara Danvers (Melissa Benoist) and Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) will be facing.

Best known for breaking the casting announcement for Marvel/Netflix’s Iron Fist, That Hashtag Show is reporting Joss Whedon will direct the two-part crossover event, with Batman: The Brave and the Bold’s Music Meister expected to appear as the villain. Whedon is, of course, who had his hand in multiple well-known geek properties like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly – the former which featured a fan-favorite musical episode in season 6, ‘Once More, With Feeling’ – Marvel’s The Avengers, and Doctor Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog.

:facepalm:

I knew this would happen...

It was too obvious with Benoist's musical background... Having Whedon at the helm and including Music Meister in the story to make everyone sing is just using the Once More With Feeling formula...

ONCE MORE WITH FLYING!

Remember, you heard it here first (thumbs u

It was too obvious with Benoist's musical background... Having Whedon at the helm and including Music Meister in the story to make everyone sing is just using the Once More With Feeling formula...

ONCE MORE WITH FLYING!

Maybe she'll do a cover of "Defying Gravity." :popcorn:

ONCE MORE WITH FLYING!

hm

How about...

Once More With Flying

Featuring Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin

With Special Guest Star Idina Menzel as...

Kevin Smith Reveals Very Appropriate Title For His Supergirl Episode

“Andrew Kreisberg told me that the name of the episode is ‘Supergirl Lives,'” Smith said. “I’m gonna cry talking about this. The name of the -script I wrote back in 1996 was called ‘Superman Lives.'”

:applause:

ONCE MORE WITH FLYING!

hm

How about...

Once More With Flying

Featuring Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin

With Special Guest Star Idina Menzel as...

Reminds me of the opening credit sequences to the 70's Wonder Woman TV show.

"...with Henry Gibson, John Getz, Richard Kiel, with special guest star Robert Conrad and a special appearance by Jamie Farr."

Who? :roflmao:

Isn't Menzel Elsa from Frozen?

Yep.

I wonder who'd win in a fight between Supergirl and Elsa...? hm

The House of El always had a weakness when magic is used against them.

#teamelsa :sumo:

#youaresopredictablejerel

#butyouareprobablyright

Yep.

#butyouareprobablyright

I'm also basing it on that awkward 15 seconds after Nuclear Man froze Superman in that chunk of ice where the camera followed him as he floated away in Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.

Elsa would have been more thorough and and ended it with a somber musical number about being cold and alone.

#elsa1supergirl0

Yep.

#butyouareprobablyright

I'm also basing it on that awkward 15 seconds after Nuclear Man froze Superman in that chunk of ice where the camera followed him as he floated away in Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.

Elsa would have been more thorough and and ended it with a somber musical number about being cold and alone.

#elsa1supergirl0

I've completely erased Superman IV from my memory. As far as I'm concerned, it never existed. Who's Nuclear Man...?

Would Supergirl's heat vision work on Elsa's magic ice? hm

Now that's the all important question! I would say yes. Supergirl is vulnerable to magic but her powers can still overcome its physical manifestations. Solar flare... game over ;)