• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

22 episodes doesn't always work with most series - it's hard to maintain the quality over that length.

Dr Who can't even maintain the quality over 12 or so episodes.

SUPERGIRL Season One Is Coming To The CW Sooner Than Expected

The CW announced today that they will be airing the first season of Supergirl this August starting on the first of the month. Two episodes will air back to back on Monday night from 8pm in the build up to the season two premiere in October. That should give you the perfect opportunity to catch up or even check out the series for the very first time if its move now has you intrigued about what to expect.

Season two of Supergirl is currently set to premiere on The CW on October 10th, later this year.

For fans of the show in the UK, the entire Season Two will not be aired until 2020, so hang in there. Your USA counterparts won't spill the beans. Promise!

:jokealert:

Rats :(

I like a bunch of stuff from the BBC, but can not understand how those of you in the UK tolerate such short seasons, and shows getting made when they get made rather than having a defined schedule.

We don't get a lot of choice lol

At least we get 12 episodes of Dr Who every year :banana:

:banana::banana: :banana:

I went back to Matt Smith era, loving the Ponds and the Weeping Angels.

This is the best stuff since the early Peter Davidsons.

Lovin' it.

SUPERGIRL Season One Is Coming To The CW Sooner Than Expected

The CW announced today that they will be airing the first season of Supergirl this August starting on the first of the month. Two episodes will air back to back on Monday night from 8pm in the build up to the season two premiere in October. That should give you the perfect opportunity to catch up or even check out the series for the very first time if its move now has you intrigued about what to expect.

Season two of Supergirl is currently set to premiere on The CW on October 10th, later this year.

For fans of the show in the UK, the entire Season Two will not be aired until 2020, so hang in there. Your USA counterparts won't spill the beans. Promise!

:jokealert:

Rats :(

I like a bunch of stuff from the BBC, but can not understand how those of you in the UK tolerate such short seasons, and shows getting made when they get made rather than having a defined schedule.

We don't get a lot of choice lol

At least we get 12 episodes of Dr Who every year :banana:

:banana::banana: :banana:

I went back to Matt Smith era, loving the Ponds and the Weeping Angels.

This is the best stuff since the early Peter Davidsons.

Lovin' it.

Good to hear you're watching the new stuff (thumbs u

If you haven't seen them yet, watch the seasons with David Tennant. He's not quite as good as Matt Smith ( :baiting: ) but they're still great episodes.

Peter Davison era :cloud9:

That sir, is sacrilege.

It's true. Name me one recent season that hasn't had at least one terrible episode in it.

That sir, is sacrilege.

It's true. Name me one recent season that hasn't had at least one terrible episode in it.

Even the best shows make some episodes every season. Doctor Who is overall very solid and will range from 1 or 2 meh episodes to 2 or 3 fantastic in a given season. I call that a win. So many shows get 22 episodes here and still only manage the 2 great episodes. For the record Tennant is the best modern Doctor. :P

I was always a big Buffy fan and 80% of the sixth season is bad culminating with the unwatchable Doublemeat Palace episode, and the almost as bad Bad Beer episode from season four.

Edited by drotto

That sir, is sacrilege.

Even the best shows make some episodes every season. Doctor Who is overall very solid and will range from 1 or 2 meh episodes to 2 or 3 fantastic in a given season. I call that a win. So many shows get 22 episodes here and still only manage the 2 great episodes. For the record Tennant is the best modern Doctor. :P

I was always a big Buffy fan and 80% of the sixth season is bad culminating with the unwatchable Doublemeat Palace episode, and the almost as bad Bad Beer episode from season four.

Actually the british 'short' series generally only have good/great episodes. Sherlock is ALWAYS good, the British OFFICE was always good, coupling, etc. There's no fat to trim, just good focused stories with high quality production. When you only do between 3-6 eps per season, you leave the fans clamoring for more (but you might leave a ton of advertising dollars on the table, which is why you don't see it in America). On a related note, you know what would be sweet after Game of Thrones ends? if every year they did a 3 episode mini-series telling a prequel story.

Suggestions include:

Robert's Rebellion

Targaryen Invasion

Origins (or history) of the Faceless Men

Invasion of the First Men (vs the Children)

or some one-off's including:

Building of the Wall

Sexy stuff in Dorne

the Rise of Littlefinger and Varys

the Adventures of Nymeria the Direwolf

1.5 hours of Lyanna Mormont emasculating grown men verbally (or the actress herself just chastising actual real-life government officials in UK and the US)

Edited by Revat

That sir, is sacrilege.

Just clearing up a few things here...

1) There are no terrible episodes in recent seasons of Dr Who.

2) Matt Smith is better than David Tennant. Not by much but still better.

3) Buffy was awesome. S6 suffered from the "arch nemeses" but wasn't 80% bad.

4) We're getting slightly :signofftopic: so...

5) Supergirl could take out Ms Marvel, no problem.

That sir, is sacrilege.

Here's a few really terrible recent episodes:

Season 8:

In the Forest of the Night

Kill the Moon

Robert of Sherwood

Season 7:

The Rings of Akhaten

That sir, is sacrilege.

Season 8:

Kill the Moon

Robert of Sherwood

Season 7:

The Rings of Akhaten

Robert of Sherwood was a bit silly but none of those episodes were terrible. Sylvester McCoy era was terrible.

That sir, is sacrilege.

Season 8:

Kill the Moon

Robert of Sherwood

Season 7:

The Rings of Akhaten

Robert of Sherwood was a bit silly but none of those episodes were terrible. Sylvester McCoy era was terrible.

lol The Rings of Akhaten & In the Forest of the Night are generally hated by most posters on the Dr Who forums - and I can see why.

Sylvester McCoy era was terrible.
OMG, I hated everything from his time as the Doctor.

Hated his sweater.

Hated Ace.

Hated episodes like The Happiness Patrol.

WTF, how could I forget the cheap creature effects like the "DeeJay". lol

Sylvester McCoy made Colin Baker look like Jon Pertwee in comparison.

Hated his sweater.

Hated Ace.

Always loved Dr Who since I saw my first episode in the late 60's but the Sylvester McCoy era is the nadir of the show.

That sir, is sacrilege.

Season 8:

Kill the Moon

Robert of Sherwood

Season 7:

The Rings of Akhaten

lol The Rings of Akhaten & In the Forest of the Night are generally hated by most posters on the Dr Who forums - and I can see why.

Pfft... what do they know? :eyeroll:

Hated his sweater.

Hated Ace.

lol:applause:

And congratulations NEG!

Hated his sweater.

Hated Ace.

Always loved Dr Who since I saw my first episode in the late 60's but the Sylvester McCoy era is the nadir of the show.

I started it in '81 at six with Tom Baker's "Robot" and became an addict. My granmother knitted me a long scarf to wear everywhere even. My favorite Doc will always be Jon Pertwee, with Tom coming in a close second!

Now is that...

1) "Oh come on! Can't wait for season 2!" :banana:

or

2) A response to NEG's statement that Pertwee was better than Baker?

hm

Coz we all know the answer is Davison :grin: