• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Isn't Menzel Elsa from Frozen?

Yep.

I wonder who'd win in a fight between Supergirl and Elsa...? hm

The House of El always had a weakness when magic is used against them.

#teamelsa :sumo:

#youaresopredictablejerel

#butyouareprobablyright

I'm also basing it on that awkward 15 seconds after Nuclear Man froze Superman in that chunk of ice where the camera followed him as he floated away in Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.

Elsa would have been more thorough and and ended it with a somber musical number about being cold and alone.

#elsa1supergirl0

I've completely erased Superman IV from my memory. As far as I'm concerned, it never existed. Who's Nuclear Man...?

Would Supergirl's heat vision work on Elsa's magic ice? hm

Now that's the all important question! I would say yes. Supergirl is vulnerable to magic but her powers can still overcome its physical manifestations. Solar flare... game over ;)

OK, I was going to turn in early tonight, but I see a game is a foot.

hm

Elsa could team up with Mr. Freeze to freeze National Cirty (like Arrendale) to make Supergirl submit to her power or else it's citizens will be permanent popsicles.

...But you will counter, Supergirl could team up with Batgirl and use her "expert" computer skills to move the orbiting satellites to relay the suns rays to thaw the people in time, like in Batman & Robin.

...That's a gamble if you erased that one from your memory as well. :wishluck:

#elsahasacoolercape

Yep.

#butyouareprobablyright

I'm also basing it on that awkward 15 seconds after Nuclear Man froze Superman in that chunk of ice where the camera followed him as he floated away in Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.

Elsa would have been more thorough and and ended it with a somber musical number about being cold and alone.

#elsa1supergirl0

I've completely erased Superman IV from my memory. As far as I'm concerned, it never existed. Who's Nuclear Man...?

Now that's the all important question! I would say yes. Supergirl is vulnerable to magic but her powers can still overcome its physical manifestations. Solar flare... game over ;)

hm

Elsa could team up with Mr. Freeze to freeze National Cirty (like Arrendale) to make Supergirl submit to her power or else it's citizens will be permanent popsicles.

...But you will counter, Supergirl could team up with Batgirl and use her "expert" computer skills to move the orbiting satellites to relay the suns rays to thaw the people in time, like in Batman & Robin.

#elsahasacoolercape

Umm, yeah, that's what I would've gone with :shy:

lol Nope, erased. I'd rather watch Superman IV! Mr Freeze is my all time top villain but I have to say, I doubt Elsa would consort with ice villains ;)

#noway

Yep.

#butyouareprobablyright

#elsa1supergirl0

hm

#elsahasacoolercape

lol Nope, erased. I'd rather watch Superman IV! Mr Freeze is my all time top villain but I have to say, I doubt Elsa would consort with ice villains ;)

#noway

The edition with 30 minutes edited back into Quest for Peace is a lot better than you think. Even though most of the special effects are incomplete, it flows better in a retro Superman II way.

Yep.

#butyouareprobablyright

#elsa1supergirl0

hm

#elsahasacoolercape

#noway

The edition with 30 minutes edited back into Quest for Peace is a lot better than you think. Even though most of the special effects are incomplete, it flows better in a retro Superman II way.

Challenge accepted (thumbs u

Yep.

#butyouareprobablyright

#elsa1supergirl0

hm

#elsahasacoolercape

#noway

I'm fairly sentimental with Quest for Peace.

It was the only used VHS tape I didn't buy at my town videoplace in the 80's.

That thing sat on a rack for a decade. lol

When I finally watched on some regional TV station, I realized it was so cheesy it was good watchable (with a certain amount of alcohol.)

Compared to Crow: Wicked Prayer, Catwoman, Steel, Batman & Robin.

Yep.

#butyouareprobablyright

#elsa1supergirl0

hm

#elsahasacoolercape

#noway

:o

Yep.

#butyouareprobablyright

#elsa1supergirl0

hm

#elsahasacoolercape

#noway

Jon Cryer's character r e a l l y needs to show up on Supergirl.

...as well as Nuclear Man (who can have his own netflix series afterwards.)

"Destroy Superman Supergirl!" :whee:

I don't think so :sumo:

Jon Cryer...? Isn't he a "serious" actor now?

;)

First Look At Former WONDER WOMAN Lynda Carter On The Set Of SUPERGIRL Season 2

After a brief tease last year, it was officially announced back in June that original Wonder Woman star Lynda Carter had joined the cast of Supergirl season 2 as the President Of The United States, and now, Melissa Benoist has provided us with a behind-the-scenes photo that gives us our first look at Carter on-set alongside Benoist's titular heroine.

T41RZUQ.png

She;s got my vote!

:whee:

I don't think so :sumo:

Jon Cryer...? Isn't he a "serious" actor now?

;)

Even so, he could play the character with a campy menace. (worship)

After a brief tease last year, it was officially announced back in June that original Wonder Woman star Lynda Carter had joined the cast of Supergirl season 2 as the President Of The United States, and now, Melissa Benoist has provided us with a behind-the-scenes photo that gives us our first look at Carter on-set alongside Benoist's titular heroine.

T41RZUQ.png

She;s got my vote!

And then...

:luhv:

T41RZUQ.png

She;s got my vote!

And then...

Melissa Benoist is 5'8" ... Funny, I always thought Lynda Carter was taller than that.

T41RZUQ.png

She;s got my vote!

And then...

Melissa Benoist is 5'8" ... Funny, I always thought Lynda Carter was taller than that.

I keep thinking they filmed nearby me from that picture.

We have a dome building like that in Milford, NH, near Hampshire Hills.

T41RZUQ.png

She;s got my vote!

And then...

Aren't they filming in Canada now?

Lynda Carter is only 5'9". Next of all, someone will tell me Dr Banner's real name was Bruce and not David... :(

T41RZUQ.png

She;s got my vote!

And then...

Lynda Carter is only 5'9". Next of all, someone will tell me Dr Banner's real name was Bruce and not David... :(

Yeah, they are filming it in Canada.

I guess up there the sidewalks are made of cheese, as a boardie pointed out.

Thus possibly distorting various actors' heights.

I've booked a vacation up there this fall to experience that feeling as I am also a cheese enthusiast. :whee:

T41RZUQ.png

She;s got my vote!

And then...

Yeah, they are filming it in Canada.

I guess up there the sidewalks are made of cheese, as a boardie pointed out.

Thus possibly distorting various actors' heights.

I've booked a vacation up there this fall to experience that feeling as I am also a cheese enthusiast. :whee:

Oh yes... I remember the cheese sidewalk convo, now you mention it. I have a brain like Swiss Canadian Pavement ;)

Have fun up there (thumbs u I've always wanted to visit, however never got the chance.

Tyler Hoechlin Superman Will Be More Classic Version

Supergirl executive producer Andrew Kreiseberg fills in Collider what to expect from Tyler Hoechlin's Superman.

"I think our take on him is probably something a little bit more traditional. There’s certainly a little bit of the “Aw shucks” about him, but he’s been Superman for awhile, so there’s a savviness about him as Superman and as Clark. If he’s been Superman for 12 years, that also means that he’s been Clark Kent for 12 years. He knows how to interview somebody. He knows how to get a story out of someone."

"As always, with any of these things, we’re never doing a direct adaptation of a specific comic book. We cherry pick the best parts and things that we love. So, there’s a little bit of the Christopher Reeve Superman in there, a healthy dose of the Superman animated series, which we’re huge fans of, a little bit of Lois & Clark, a little George Reeves, and a little Super Friends."

"And as far as finding the right guy, as soon as we said we were going to do Superman, Greg [berlanti] mentioned Tyler [Hoechlin]. We’ve been fans of his for years, and when we sat down with him, he is Superman. Not just with the looks, but he’s such a good guy, such a nice guy, and he’s so open and forthright and brimming with life. You just feel better when you’re around him, which I think is part of the secret of Superman. He is that ideal, but not in an unattainable way. Superman should make you feel like you can do anything, even though he’s the one that can do anything. And Tyler just had all that in spades. So, it was less a question of us reaching out. It was more a question of hoping he would say yes. After Tyler, I’m not sure what we would have done."