• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

I finally got to watch the first episode this week... It was very good. Some small yet interesting direction changes. I like Clark/Superman. He seems quite "normal".

The one thing I found a bit strange was...

Jimmy getting dumped after the first date. That seemed a little odd after S1's growing chemistry.

But what do I know... I'm just some guy watching the show two weeks after its initial broadcast. They might be married for all I know (shrug)

I finally got to watch the first episode this week... It was very good. Some small yet interesting direction changes. I like Clark/Superman. He seems quite "normal".

Jimmy getting dumped after the first date. That seemed a little odd after S1's growing chemistry.

But what do I know... I'm just some guy watching the show two weeks after its initial broadcast. They might be married for all I know (shrug)

Glad you are only two weeks behind! Do you still have that ridiculously long wait after the 2nd half starts airing with the CW change?

I want to see Streaky added to the cast!

Glad you are only two weeks behind! Do you still have that ridiculously long wait after the 2nd half starts airing with the CW change?

I want to see Streaky added to the cast!

Unfortunately I think the mid-season break is now a permanent feature of UK satellite TV!

Streaky would be an excellent addition to the cast (thumbs u

Chris Wood Says Supergirl Will Mentor Mon-El

supergirl-monel-208102.png

Going forward, can we expect Mon-El to join the DEO, helping Supergirl?

"I don't think that even crosses his mind. He obviously looks around and doesn't really know what this place is," Wood told TV Guide. "Obviously, they tell him what it is and what they do and they tell him he needs to stay there until they figure out how strong he is and all of that. I don't think it's even in his line of thinking, as the type of guy he is. He's more just pumped that he can lift 16 tons, punch through walls and jump over buildings. He's just excited by the prospect of being super. Hopefully, Kara will take him under her wing. As she mentors him a bit as the season progresses, her goal at least is to get him into normal life and also to use his powers in a positive way. That's helpful and that may or may not be on Mon-El's agenda."

And how will Kara's prejudice against Daxamites affect their relationship moving forward?

"We'll see in [the fourth episode] that Kara's prejudice against Daxamites might cloud her ability to judge Mon-El as an equal and as a neutral presence in her life. Even as she's trying to do the right thing and mentor him, any frustration she has with this fun, goofy guy that he is, I feel like they're amplified because of that bias. She just feels like, 'Of course you're difficult, you're from Daxam.' That's sort of an offensive thing, if you really break it down, that she would not like him because of where he's from. That's something important that they're going to have to work through in order to get along and become friends."

:ohnoez:

Impressed with how good Vancouver looks in the background. Saw the Bloedel Conservatory (dome) and water fountain behind President Wonder Woman as actress <3 Linda Carter was giving her speech. Don't see too many bright backdrops like this on Flash tv series, as it seems to take place more in the evening or night.

Another "persecuted aliens hiding amoungst us" plot! Really?

The fight club thingy was ridiculous.

And everyone seems to be nicely finding a love interest . Definitely why I watch superhero shows for. Not!

Super girl however is still dreamy :cloud9:

Impressed with how good Vancouver looks in the background. Saw the Bloedel Conservatory (dome) and water fountain behind President Wonder Woman as actress <3 Linda Carter was giving her speech. Don't see too many bright backdrops like this on Flash tv series, as it seems to take place more in the evening or night.

I love this show!

:applause:

Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes Says The DCTV Shows Generate $1 Billion In Revenue

146480.jpg

Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes mentions the pact on the company's earnings conference call and says DC TV series generate more than $1 billion in revenue per year for the company.

TBS and TNT, part of Time Warner's Turner unit, now have a deal with the company's Warner Bros. for the studio's DC films, Time Warner chairman and CEO Jeff Bewkes said on an earnings conference call Wednesday.

He didn't detail financial or other specifics of the deal, but it is believed to cover all upcoming DC Entertainment-inspired films and previously released films, including Suicide Squad.

The deal is for the cable TV window, so following the theatrical release and premium TV window.

The deal adds to a deal unveiled earlier this year with Walt Disney for the films in the Star Wars franchise and to Marvel movies and the Hunger Games franchise.

Suicide Squad had the biggest August opening ever, the Time Warner boss said, lauding the third quarter's film performance in another DC shout-out.

Bewkes also lauded the strong performance of the DC TV series, saying they generate more than $1 billion in revenue a year for Time Warner. He said the company has an unprecedented 10 DC TV series on the air this season.

Wow!

SUPERGIRL Battles Cyborg Superman In Description For "The Darkest Place" Episode

Cyborg_Superman.jpg

IT’S SUPERGIRL VS. CYBORG SUPERMAN — While Guardian (Mehcad Brooks) tries to clear his name after being accused of a murder committed by another vigilante, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) heads out on a solo mission to rescue Mon-El (Chris Wood) who has been captured by CADMUS. While fighting to free Mon-El, Supergirl comes face to face with Cyborg Superman. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Robert Rovner & Paula Yoo.

Last night's episode felt like a season filler. Though it was kind of funny seeing Kara trying to teach Mon-El how to conduct himself around people. He's definitely 'functioning', as she finds out.

'MISS TESSMACHER??!!'

lol

But then Alex went right where I thought they were taking her since the introduction of Maggie.

tumblr_inline_ob4h4ovdgN1smlgro_500.gif

:whistle:

Kevin Smith Recreated Iconic Supergirl Scene With Silent Bob For Supergirl Crew Wrap Gift

AAUICZp.png

Recently, Kevin Smith has been in a super mood. The geek icon and filmmaker has been busy directing his episode of Supergirl for The CW, and Smith hasn’t been shy with updating fans about how it is going. So, today, fans were sad to hear that Smith’s time on set had come to a close - but none were as bummed as the director himself. To celebrate his final days working on Supergirl, Smith decided he’s make a pretty swanky wrap gift for the show’s crew members, and it’s more than appropriate.

He then joked, “Hopefully, this image isn't a prognosticator of my episode somehow killing the show I love.”

Caught up with the first 3 episodes today - good to see that they have continued the quality from the first season, though I also thought that Kara dumped Jimmy rather too quickly.

Surely it can't be too long before they gave Superman his own show now?

Caught up with the first 3 episodes today - good to see that they have continued the quality from the first season, though I also thought that Kara dumped Jimmy rather too quickly.

Surely it can't be too long before they gave Superman his own show now?

Yes, far too quickly.