• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Timely Finds

36 posts in this topic

As discussed in previous thread, I am slowly going to post my start and progression of my Timely finds. Some updates may come some distance apart for when I save for some key issues such as Captain America Comics 1 and others. I personally prefer 3.0 or higher CGC but this collection will take a lifetime so to get started I will go below that and upgrade in time. If anyone is looking to get rid of any Timely comics at good prices, always feel free to hit me up. Here we go on a journey that started before I was born 75 years ago...

Thanks for all the support, may crack it open eventually ... But here is my question to all of you fine collectors: which Timely comic should I purchase next? I may have to do a poll of this and after a time duration just buy the majority vote- lol. Let's leave 1-3 Cap out of this cuz I got to wait till 2015 to pony up for those. My favorite covers are the WW2 Schomberg/Captain America- any thoughts? Doesn't have to be a specific auction or one for sale. Look forward to your thoughts

Cool Cap!

Welcome to the hunt!

The advice I give is research! research! Save so you're ready to strike! And patience..

It sucks to hesitate on a book because of $50-$500, and then not see it for sale again anywhere for....

years...

But, it does seem that every book turns up eventually.

We could use an extra helping of USA comics #8 though.

Cool Cap!

Welcome to the hunt!

The advice I give is research! research! Save so you're ready to strike! And patience..

It sucks to hesitate on a book because of $50-$500, and then not see it for sale again anywhere for....

years...

Yeah, eights appear to be locked up tight. There are few books I regret selling through the years but my USA #8 is at the top of the list (along with the 7 just below it :cry:) The feeding frenzy when an eight finally pops up is going to be amazing to behold! :fear:

Cool Cap!

Welcome to the hunt!

years...

Yeah, eights appear to be locked up tight. There are few books I regret selling through the years but my USA #8 is at the top of the list (along with the 7 just below it :cry:) The feeding frenzy when an eight finally pops up is going to be amazing to behold! :fear:
I've been following the USA Cap market for several years now, and the 8 is undoubtedly the toughest and least seen of the run. I sold my 2.5 brittle in 2012 for a hefty premium and was lucky to get another copy back about the same time. Great japanese plane cover :)