• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's show how big a Heart this board has and help LarryW7 (DoibyDickles)

691 posts in this topic

Oh and just because I know people are curious...we are currently at $11,743 RECEIVED. There are at least $1500 in outstanding payments, (which is more than understandable ) but most people have paid right away.

I do have a few people who asked for Larry's PP address in the very beginning but haven't gotten around to making a donation yet. I know it's a busy time of year and people mean well but get distracted.

Awesome everyone! :applause:

That's a spectacular book, Andy and not easy to find ...thanks!

Sure. Thanks for running the thread. I remember talking to Larry back in the day when I was first getting into golden age stuff. He had listed a Science 2 and a Wonderworld 7, neither of which I had seen before. I couldn't afford them at the time, but he was nice enough to answer my questions and humor me. That helped get me into Lou Fine and golden age comics in general. Good guy.

I will put up for sale an MIS 53 CGC 8.0 (adam strange in MIS begins). Actually, a really nice 8.0

I don't have a pic, but can have one Wednesday night.

Priced at $1500 to give whoever is generous enough to buy this book a discount.

I will match the price through a cash donation as well, should someone step up in the next 12 hours to help meet the goal.

Very nice of you to offer this, Brian. (worship)

I'll take the book and try to get us a bit closer to our goal.

(thumbs u

total of 3k for larry

You're pretty awesome also!

The generosity on this board never ceases to amaze!

All these donations have been great!

Well, let's hope he can find it. :baiting::wishluck:

I did look at what I was typing, before I hit send, lol...but it's great just looking at the picture.

MLJ books are awesome

How about this, if someone wants to buy it, i'm sure Andy will confirm he has it before you send payment.

I will donate this. All proceeds to Larry.

Cool cover. VG or so, bug chew at top of spine.

I am 90% sure I still have it, but if I don't I will cover the cost myself if it's purchased.

Top Notch 18 $300

topnotch18.jpg

I'll take it :)

Oh and just because I know people are curious...we are currently at $11,743 RECEIVED. There are at least $1500 in outstanding payments, (which is more than understandable ) but most people have paid right away.

I do have a few people who asked for Larry's PP address in the very beginning but haven't gotten around to making a donation yet. I know it's a busy time of year and people mean well but get distracted.

This community never ceases to amaze me! Strong work all! :applause::acclaim:

Sure. Thanks for running the thread. I remember talking to Larry back in the day when I was first getting into golden age stuff. He had listed a Science 2 and a Wonderworld 7, neither of which I had seen before. I couldn't afford them at the time, but he was nice enough to answer my questions and humor me. That helped get me into Lou Fine and golden age comics in general. Good guy.

I remember when I first came to the boards, I had very little Golden Age comic knowledge, so everything was new to me. Larry stood out to me just for his "obscure" board name - who or what was a Doiby Dickles?? It was fun to learn and guys like Larry and the rest of the Gold area posters (even mmehdy) made it possible. And the Bang-Zoom thread, holy cow!

I remember when I first came to the boards, I had very little Golden Age comic knowledge, so everything was new to me. Larry stood out to me just for his "obscure" board name - who or what was a Doiby Dickles?? It was fun to learn and guys like Larry and the rest of the Gold area posters (even mmehdy) made it possible. And the Bang-Zoom thread, holy cow!

Yeah, it took me years before I realized his name was from a comic. lol