• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's show how big a Heart this board has and help LarryW7 (DoibyDickles)

691 posts in this topic

I meant to buy it, speedy can send you the tissues!

I think the bottom line is you owe $5 each, lol.

I found some tissues;)

:gossip: I think you gotta work on calculating percentages...

I knew what I was doing...I realized you put the decimal point in an inappropriate place, so I fixed it;)

and don't you DARE Hector;) :sumo:

I will put up for sale an MIS 53 CGC 8.0 (adam strange in MIS begins). Actually, a really nice 8.0

I don't have a pic, but can have one Wednesday night.

Priced at $1500 to give whoever is generous enough to buy this book a discount.

I will match the price through a cash donation as well, should someone step up in the next 12 hours to help meet the goal.

Very nice of you to offer this, Brian. (worship)

I'll take the book and try to get us a bit closer to our goal.

:golfclap::golfclap:

I will put up for sale an MIS 53 CGC 8.0 (adam strange in MIS begins). Actually, a really nice 8.0

I will match the price through a cash donation as well, should someone step up in the next 12 hours to help meet the goal.

Wow! :applause:

Very cool Brian and Andy. When I looked and saw a bunch of posts I was like

:whee:.

Saw Brian's post and I was like

hm

Noticed there were about 40 posts after it and I was like

:frustrated: ANDY!

I can't be the only one who saw that offer and immediately thought of Andy.

Wow! :applause:

Serious!! :headbang:

(worship)

:applause:

forget 12, looks like 20 is where it's headed.

While I've never met Larry, I'd love to make a donation to help out a fellow boardie, and have a copy of Whiz #91 to offer.

When I got back into collecting in 2000 I bought this book off eBay on a lark because I loved the infinity cover. If I remember correctly, it was advertised as a Fine when I bought it, but I'd grade it closer to VG/FN.

The cover colors are a bit splotchy (as can be seen from the scan), the staples have some rust spots on them (on the cover only, not on the centerfold) and there are some non-color breaking creases on the front and back covers. It has nice pages (I want to say off-white, but will say cream to off-white just to be safe).

Whiz91_FC.jpg

Whiz91_BC.jpg

I'm asking SOLD, and will also make a matching $50 donation. All proceeds go to Larry.

Thanks!

Art

It's the people that donate that deserve the praise. Brian deserves a standing 'o'. (worship) (worship) (worship)

Brian made a really special effort, and so did you...You've donated plenty.... (worship), but everyone who donated or bought something deserves a standing O because they took time and thought to help a fellow person.

I'm well aware that we are getting donations from people who are not working now and who just want to help anyway they can. Those donations mean a lot.

Even those who can't afford something, but just post encouragement help.

I've had people who wrote and said they could only afford $10, is that OK. It's more than OK. Takes a lot of thought to make that kind of offer when that is all you can spare.

So the big donations are fantastic...and I don't want to take away any kind of thunder because Brian also always comes through to help ...and he doesn't have to, he is just another really caring person...but I know Larry appreciates everyone's efforts..

and people should do what they are comfortable with. If just sending best wishes is what you can afford, it's great karma..

I'm going back to sleep before I write something mushy that I will have to erase when I really wake up;)

Meanwhile, I saw that wheel spin and I hope that was a SA JLA, #1 lol. I was hoping for pictures on the wheel....but thank you Jason and Marc:) very generous and very entertaining...I was HOPING it wouldn't land on "thank you note;) "

Oh and just because I know people are curious...we are currently at $11,743 RECEIVED. There are at least $1500 in outstanding payments, (which is more than understandable ) but most people have paid right away.

I do have a few people who asked for Larry's PP address in the very beginning but haven't gotten around to making a donation yet. I know it's a busy time of year and people mean well but get distracted.

While I've never met Larry, I'd love to make a donation to help out a fellow boardie, and have a copy of Whiz #91 to offer.

When I got back into collecting in 2000 I bought this book off eBay on a lark because I loved the infinity cover. If I remember correctly, it was advertised as a Fine when I bought it, but I'd grade it closer to VG/FN.

The cover colors are a bit splotchy (as can be seen from the scan), the staples have some rust spots on them (on the cover only, not on the centerfold) and there are some non-color breaking creases on the front and back covers. It has nice pages (I want to say off-white, but will say cream to off-white just to be safe).

Whiz91_FC.jpg

Whiz91_BC.jpg

I'm asking $50 shipped in the US, $40 plus shipping internationally (I'll split the shipping cost in this case), and will also make a matching $50 donation. All proceeds go to Larry.

Thanks!

Art

:takeit: and will match your matching donation as well :)

I will donate this. All proceeds to Larry.

Cool cover. VG or so, bug chew at top of spine.

I am 90% sure I still have it, but if I don't I will cover the cost myself if it's purchased.

Top Notch 18 $300 SOLD

topnotch18.jpg