• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

90 Short Box Collection in Georgia

26 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. Saw this post on Facebook tonight and thought I'd repost it in here for any of you close to this region. Send me a Golden Age book if you end up buying the collection. :grin:

"Are there are any serious collectors who are interested in purchasing a large collection from a collector in Middle Georgia? This collection contains 90 short boxes with golden, silver, and copper age. Key issues, autographed books from Stan Lee, Bob Kane, and others, first appearances, CGC's, PGX's, and first issues. 80% of this collection is super hero and mainly silver age. All books are bagged and boarded and in alphabetical order. I've had this collection for a long time so I'm only interested in selling to collectors. Please text only to 478-279-2817."

Posted by Jeff Kidd.

Is it me, or does this line:

"I've had this collection for a long time so I'm only interested in selling to collectors."

say: "I've shopped this around and no one has come close to what I think it is worth"

Kind of what I was thinking. Sounds like they'll want full guide so re-sellers shouldn't bother. But in all seriousness, what collector buys 90 short boxes at once?

"I've had this collection for a long time so I'm only interested in selling to collectors."

say: "I've shopped this around and no one has come close to what I think it is worth"

+1

And a quick spin on Google reveals that Jeff Kidd is an auctioneer, affiliated with Dublin Auctions:

http://www.auctionzip.com/GA-Auctioneers/255240.html

"Join Dublin Auctions & Estate Sales every Friday and Saturday night! We start both nights at 7. Doors open at 6 for preview. At every auction we'll feature antiques, furniture, appliances, tools, household wares, and collectibles. If you want to sell with us call 478-279-2817. Visa and MasterCard accepted.

New consigners are always welcomed and we can pick up your items. From 1 or 1,000. On-site estate sales services are available. Appraisals are free. Also we do complete estate buyouts and business liquidations. Call 478-279-2817."

Kind of what I was thinking. Sounds like they'll want full guide so re-sellers shouldn't bother. But in all seriousness, what collector buys 90 short boxes at once?

Someone who is very strong!

I completely agree with you. Stan Lee and Bob Kane signed books plus graded comics. OK more so Bob Kane. There is no reason why this should be showing on facebook. I would expect that this type of a collection would be split between ebay, comic auction houses, and drek donations to ___________.

And a quick spin on Google reveals that Jeff Kidd is an auctioneer, affiliated with Dublin Auctions:

"Join Dublin Auctions & Estate Sales every Friday and Saturday night! We start both nights at 7. Doors open at 6 for preview. At every auction we'll feature antiques, furniture, appliances, tools, household wares, and collectibles. If you want to sell with us call 478-279-2817. Visa and MasterCard accepted.

New consigners are always welcomed and we can pick up your items. From 1 or 1,000. On-site estate sales services are available. Appraisals are free. Also we do complete estate buyouts and business liquidations. Call 478-279-2817."

hm

We've got agents in Georgia, don't we?

Maybe he's just sick of hearing "meat on the bone" as a justification for a discount?

He wants top dollar, and doesn't want to do the work for it, certainly. Anyone local want to list his books on the board and take a cut? That'd be awesome for everyone.

hm

We've got agents in Georgia, don't we?

Roulette44

It could be that nobody has come forth that wants the whole ball of wax. It could be his own personal collection as well. hm

Well, whatever it is, I hope someone ends up with a collection that has a lot of nice books in it. :wishluck:

Sounds like the seller either wants a private collector or maybe Chuck Rozanski to purchase this collection - at the prices Chuck asks, he could buy it at the asking price and still make money!

:lol:

-slym

:signfunny:

Hmm...$25,000 for 9,900 or so books. Isn't that around $2.50 each?

Only way that happens since he's definitionally selling to a wholesale is if at least 10 of the boxes is solid 7.0 or better Silver Age Marvel/DC superhero.

Even then, that means the top 10% might bring solid $10-$12k over time, and you're still paying $12k for another 8,000 issues of drek.

Fuzzy math. I just don't see it.

Several years ago, I met Jeff. Super nice guy. We had met 1/2 somewhere south of Atlanta to look at a collection of books. I looked through them and asked what he was asking and he said 14. I countered with 12. The problem was he was thinking thousands and I was in hundreds.

Several years ago, I met Jeff. Super nice guy. We had met 1/2 somewhere south of Atlanta to look at a collection of books. I looked through them and asked what he was asking and he said 14. I countered with 12. The problem was he was thinking thousands and I was in hundreds.

:eek:

It could be that nobody has come forth that wants the whole ball of wax. It could be his own personal collection as well. hm

Well, whatever it is, I hope someone ends up with a collection that has a lot of nice books in it. :wishluck:

If its the same jeff i met from lower georgia, it was a wildly_fanciful_statement collection.

Hmm...$25,000 for 9,900 or so books. Isn't that around $2.50 each?

Only way that happens since he's definitionally selling to a wholesale is if at least 10 of the boxes is solid 7.0 or better Silver Age Marvel/DC superhero.

Even then, that means the top 10% might bring solid $10-$12k over time, and you're still paying $12k for another 8,000 issues of drek.

Fuzzy math. I just don't see it.

Yeah, but unless its mid grade or better full runs of silver age marvel titles, its going to be hard to get someone to pony up $600+ a long box.

lol Classic!