• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

I'm still bummed about the "Spider-Gwenom" cover. That would have been a hot book with an even halfway decent concept and art. :sorry:

-J.

A 678 parody would've been an instant classic. Oh well

Can Hollywood ignore her interest? Channing expressed an interest in Gambit and that came about pretty quick. I can't recall but thought I remember a few others who said they'd like to be in a super hero movie that also got news of it happening. Maybe not.

I'm still bummed about the "Spider-Gwenom" cover. That would have been a hot book with an even halfway decent concept and art. :sorry:

-J.

A 678 parody would've been an instant classic. Oh well

Right. I was hoping for a "first Gwen Stacy meeting" riff. :tonofbricks:

(I think everybody was.)

-J.

I do not read the book, but based on all of the copies of #1 and EoSV #2 I have sold I appreciate it....... lol

That being said, I don't know how much story or artwork impacts characters like this. Look at Deadpool as an example - they can put out a steaming pile of a story or fugly artwork, call it Deadpool, and it sells for multiples of cover a couple of months later.......

lol A "Spider-Gwen" movie? Keep dreaming guys.

-J.

Is it really not a possibility? Honest question.

I would think the studios do not care that the bulk of th general public has no knowledge of several Spider-Woman's and alternate universes. They see Emma and the dollar signs that follow her. (I don't really have a dog in it since I only have one EOSV copy.) If they can fade out mutants can they upset a few die hard fans and get away with it? I think the $100 million opening weekend would make them forget about that. No?

-J.

I would think the studios do not care that the bulk of th general public has no knowledge of several Spider-Woman's and alternate universes. They see Emma and the dollar signs that follow her. (I don't really have a dog in it since I only have one EOSV copy.) If they can fade out mutants can they upset a few die hard fans and get away with it? I think the $100 million opening weekend would make them forget about that. No?

I'm obviously not a studio head, but if I were, I certainly would not gamble $100M+ budget on a completely unknown, barely six month old property that is essentially identical to another property I just screwed up, and even less so after I just cried uncle on the flagship character and basically turned creative control back over to another studio.

Also, Emma Stone is not a "star". She's a decent and (occasionally) attractive actress but she doesn't open or carry movies.

-J.

-J.

I'm obviously not a studio head, but if I were, I certainly would not gamble $100M+ on a completely unknown property that is essentially identical to another property I just screwed up, and even less so after I just cried uncle on the flagship character and basically turned creative control back over to another studio.

Also, Emma Stone is not a "star". She's a decent actress but she doesn't open or carry movies.

-J.

Emma Stone is most certainly a star and Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, etc. prove that you can make a superhero movie without that much built in fanbase. I certainly don't have any idea how plausible this idea actually is and I don't want to give credence to this lot of speculation. I just don't see how you can dismiss this as not being a possibility with the way Marvel is hyping the character up and how easy it is to get the snowball rolling for something like this.