• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Little tid bit -

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/30/spider-gwen-future-marvel-multiverse/

It’s essential that we get to build that core cast that informs who Gwen Stacy is as much if not more than her spider powers. So we’ll see a lot of her father, Captain Stacy, and her band The Mary Janes, and we’ll also meet a lot of new takes on Marvel heroes and villains.”

This alone makes me super excited that her series. I would love it if they mirrored the first spiderman run, with her fighting Doc-Squid in issue 3 and the Golden Goblin in issue 14.

Little tid bit -

It’s essential that we get to build that core cast that informs who Gwen Stacy is as much if not more than her spider powers. So we’ll see a lot of her father, Captain Stacy, and her band The Mary Janes, and we’ll also meet a lot of new takes on Marvel heroes and villains.”

This quote reinforces the likelihood of an "alternate universe" story line.

-J.

Little tid bit -

-J.

Ya, some nice alternate universe background, before she joins secret wars BATTLEWORLD with every other character.

Edited by Chadwick

Little tid bit -

-J.

Ya, some nice alternate universe background, before she joins secret wars BATTLEWORLD with every other character.

I'm definitely interested to see how they do this since the character is premised on a "what if" concept that seems to like to play off different incarnations/re-imaginings of other existing characters as well. I'm almost thinking it would be more interesting leaving her in her own "alternate universe" where all of those different takes on other characters can actually happen, rather than her being one of three other featured "spider-women" in the same continuity.

-J.

Little tid bit -

-J.

I'm definitely interested to see how they do this since the character is premised on a "what if" concept that seems to like to play off different incarnations/re-imaginings of other existing characters as well. I'm almost thinking it would be more interesting leaving her in her own "alternate universe" where all of those different takes on other characters can actually happen, rather than her being one of three other featured "spider-women" in the same continuity.

-J.

She was never a "what if" character, she exists in another universe which was what the in continuity spider verse was all about. She was always meant to interact with the 616 universe.

94ze2rr.png

Little tid bit -

-J.

-J.

She was never a "what if" character, she exists in another universe which was what the in continuity spider verse was all about. She was always meant to interact with the 616 universe.

94ze2rr.png

She's definitely a "what if?" type character, I'm not even sure how that could be debated.

I think I just personally prefer her in her own "universe".

-J.

Little tid bit -

-J.

-J.

94ze2rr.png

She's definitely a "what if?" type character, I'm not even sure how that could be debated.

I think I just personally prefer her in her own "universe".

-J.

I agree.

I see her as a What If? character, and I love alternate timelines/futures/etc.

Give me some stories in her "world", and I will be as excited as a pig in slop.