• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next CLINK auction is starting to stack up some interesting pieces

556 posts in this topic

Spring Clink Featured auction has some pretty interesting stuff in their preview, too:

-Pollard ASM 194 page (1st Black Cat issue)

-Perez Avengers cover

-Starlin Avengers Annual #7 page

-Kubert B&B 43 page featuring Hawkman

-Kirby FF 92 cover

-Byrne FF 275 cover

-Brunner GS Manthing Howard the Duck splash (Awsome!)

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/preview.asp?code=2015may&itemtype=1

ASM page with the Black Cat will be very interesting to watch

Kirby FF cover 92, didn't this sell on HA a while back? One of my favorite FF story lines

Howard the Duck splash. This should go for at least $5k.

That really sucks, especially for both sellers and for potential buyers with money in reserve but lousy timing. Does Clink let you put in a max bid that is only exercised up to the level just above then next highest competing bid, like eBay's max bidding system?

[Edit: this is in reference to the many posts about people getting sniped at the end, or unsuccessfully attempting to snipe.]

Very healthy result for Zecks Deathstroke Cover.

Link to Deathstroke? I wasn't following it.

The Enemy cover was a lucky sell, basically the same price Banick was trying to get for two or three years on CAF. I think it only sold because the clock was ticking down.

Link: Deathstroke $7090

Great image but that is a crazy result over what some of the covers with Batman have sold for recently. :insane::o I mean you a re edging into Cap and Secret Wars cover territory at $7K.

The system is a double edged sword.

My approach to bidding sometimes is to throw a bigger dollar amount than I'm somewhat comfortable paying, hoping to win it for a lot less, but then knowing I put forth my best offer with no regrets nor hatred towards snipers.

So if a piece is at $800 and I want it for $1,200, but can pay up to $2,000, I wait til the last 30 seconds or so (Internet hiccups have killed me before when I tried to be a sniper only for my bid not even go in on time) and cross my fingers that even if a sniper came in, theres not enough time for them to bid it up to exceed my high bid. Give it 100% with no regrets.

In that way, sometimes you get a better price than a traditional auction with the "going once, going twice" method. But you need the $ resources to back up that risky approach.

I read in a thread someone suggested a great idea where the auctions online end after 10 seconds of dormancy in bidding. That sounds fair.

As a seller, you always want to maximize the sale so it's always disheartening to hear interested bidding potential buyers get sniped knowing the piece for sale had greater $ potential.

This is what I did last night. The item I got was at $350 for a few days and unchanged until last minute. I threw in a snipe almost triple that and figured I could have no regrets that way. I got it for half my max.

Comiclink is at least 10 year old tech. architecture in one of the most cutting edge environments in the world, (Internet and internet sales) so yes the system has many flaws and you almost need to CPU, logged in at the same time, or at least multiple monitors (one with the item and one watching the clock) if you are sniping. The only true only line "auction" is HA.

The Starlin Warlock market has officially gone :screwy:

Scott

Definitely feels like Starlin is in a cresting bubble Scott. :(

I'm sure this page will keep the fires going and make me regret not locking something up a few years ago. The good news is I'm a Copper Kid so, Dreadstar anyone :cloud9: There's no way the bubble will extend to the 80s Independent stuff right :wishluck:

AvengersAnn7.jpg

I was wondering about the page from Defenders 100. Is it really this yellow? I would guess yes, huh.

RADD68AA201523_152649.jpg

I don't follow Don Perlin of early 80s Defenders so I'm wondering if $950 is a normal price for a panel page like this. It seems like a lot to me.

Mike

Very healthy result for Zecks Deathstroke Cover.

Link to Deathstroke? I wasn't following it.

The Enemy cover was a lucky sell, basically the same price Banick was trying to get for two or three years on CAF. I think it only sold because the clock was ticking down.

Link: Deathstroke $7090

Great image but that is a crazy result over what some of the covers with Batman have sold for recently. :insane::o I mean you a re edging into Cap and Secret Wars cover territory at $7K.

I remember seeing that piece or similar ones for around $900. The Arrow bump its a hell of a kick.

That really sucks, especially for both sellers and for potential buyers with money in reserve but lousy timing. Does Clink let you put in a max bid that is only exercised up to the level just above then next highest competing bid, like eBay's max bidding system?

[Edit: this is in reference to the many posts about people getting sniped at the end, or unsuccessfully attempting to snipe.]

.... yes, that is how it works. I won a couple of items this last auction with out sniping.... just because my max bid was so high...... and each of those were won at 20-35% less than my max bid. When sniping (for wants and not "must haves') , I will enter in my max snipe bid at 20 seconds out and confirm at 3 seconds out (I have a slow connection)....I've had luck with that. Sometimes someone else has the same idea and it will seem for a second as if I won.... or it will tell me I didn't beat the previous bid.... which will come in milliseconds sooner than mine. It can be very suspenseful. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yes:

http://www.comiclink.com/faq/default.asp?Cat=6#id_37

Last night was my first comiclink experience...... I thought it was good. Positive overall. Picked up my first couple of pieces. Fell into the emotion bidding phase and picked up another piece I dont want or need. I missed out only on a couple of pieces (I really liked the Dr Strange Splash on the horse). I feel I got a good deal on what I bought so I cant complain.... :)

RAD83FDB2015114_135751.jpg

.... yes, that is how it works. I won a couple of items this last auction with out sniping.... just because my max bid was so high...... and each of those were won at 20-35% less than my max bid. When sniping (for wants and not "must haves') , I will enter in my max snipe bid at 20 seconds out and confirm at 3 seconds out (I have a slow connection)....I've had luck with that. Sometimes someone else has the same idea and it will seem for a second as if I won.... or it will tell me I didn't beat the previous bid.... which will come in milliseconds sooner than mine. It can be very suspenseful. GOD BLESS...

Glad to hear Clink works that way. I used to snipe on eBay, and burned myself a couple of times (mistiming my bid trying to save a few bucks). Plus I found myself getting caught up in auction fever and overpaying. So I just switched to tossing out my max bid, using a number NOT arrived at in the heat of the moment, and let the chips fall. Then I got really smart, and stopped looking at eBay all together!

Glad to hear Clink works that way. I used to snipe on eBay, and burned myself a couple of times (mistiming my bid trying to save a few bucks). Plus I found myself getting caught up in auction fever and overpaying. So I just switched to tossing out my max bid, using a number NOT arrived at in the heat of the moment, and let the chips fall. Then I got really smart, and stopped looking at eBay all together!

:roflmao:

Nice auction. Market remains hot. People like to look at the big items and then if they do less than expected they will say the sky is falling; but the mark of a healthy hobby is not really what the top of the top sells for but what the middle range and next levels go for. That segment, as others have pointed out, is super-strong. Tons of buyers at the 10K and under level, and that speaks to a very strong and large base - some of whom will "grow" into the 100K and up buyers of tomorrow. Every component of a market goes through corrections based on supply and demand - that's what is happening to McSpidey right now, and lest we forget the same happened to King Kirby at one point. Kirby art stayed flat for almost a full decade (or relatively flat) until the last 5-8 years of rapid price escalation. DK is the same way. But, in a healthy market, some artists work will blossom rapidly, then stabilize and then after a few years or some other trigger all of sudden be hot again as folks realize that a catch up is needed (or new buyers who didn't get their example back in the day decide that they have to have one, taking prices to the next level). So, overall, great auction. Kudos to CL.