• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Men In Black IV + Jump Street = SONY MADNESS

26 posts in this topic

MIBseries1.jpg

Sony Wants MEN IN BLACK - JUMP STREET Crossover Film

------------------

In an e-mail to Ms. Pascal, Mr. Hill says “jump street merging with mib i think that’s clean and rad and powerful.”

In another e-mail, Hannah Minghella, a president of production for Sony’s Columbia Pictures label, says of the joint sequel, “We don’t have a -script yet so we’ll be greenlighting the movie off the concept and the talent involved.”

E-mails indicate it is one of the highest profile projects on the studio’s slate and that executives are eager to move ahead with the film as soon as possible. Sony is hoping to release the movie in 2016 or 2017.

------------------

Thank you for the heads up, Guardians of Peace.

:P

Things that made me chuckle or have held my interest about the Sony hack

• The Angelina Jolie emails were the most amusing
  • I did not know there was so much going on with the Steve Jobs biopic.
  • Even Sony realizes the only thing they produce are sequels, reboots and Adam Sandler movies.
  • David Fincher is a funny guy - he doesn't think Driver is a good choice to be a villain in the new Star Wars movies.
  • Two Sony execs have destroyed their own careers
  • Despite what Disney says, they want Spider-man back.
  • As Seth Rogen told Letterman, this is the greatest thing to happen for a comedian. He pissed off the subject matter so much that the subject matter complained to the United Nations... waaaaah... wah wah wah

Chris Miller Comments On 23 JUMP STREET/MEN IN BLACK Crossover

--------------------

While promoting his latest TV show, The Last Man On Earth, over on Coming Soon, Miller had a few words to say about the project, confirming it was in the early stages of development..

“Well, it’s very, very early on in this crazy fever pitch, but it’s definitely a really interesting concept that makes you think. Talking about it, developing it with Jonah and Channing and Rodney and the studio, we can’t just do the, ‘Hey, it’s the same thing again’ schtick because we did that already.”

--------------------

I really wanted to see them focus on the Lego Movie sequel.

New Men In Black Trilogy In Development; Will Smith Not Involved

The last film in the series, Men in Black 3, earned over $600M at the worldwide box office, but it was later revealed in leaked Sony documents that it actually lost money due to large salaries and backend points they were shelling out to the talent. What's next for the franchise? Parkes and MacDonald chatted with The Hollywood Reporter and revealed their plans.

THR: You produced Men in Black. Has there been talk of reviving that franchise with the new Sony regime?

Parkes: We're in the middle of it. It's very active.

THR: Is Will Smith going to be part of it?

Parkes: Most likely no.

MacDonald: It will be reinvented as a trilogy.

Remember that when trying to figure out how much profit a Hollywood movie made. There are many hidden agreements we are not exposed to that takes money off the backend.

New Men In Black Trilogy In Development; Will Smith Not Involved

The last film in the series, Men in Black 3, earned over $600M at the worldwide box office, but it was later revealed in leaked Sony documents that it actually lost money due to large salaries and backend points they were shelling out to the talent. What's next for the franchise? Parkes and MacDonald chatted with The Hollywood Reporter and revealed their plans.

THR: You produced Men in Black. Has there been talk of reviving that franchise with the new Sony regime?

Parkes: We're in the middle of it. It's very active.

THR: Is Will Smith going to be part of it?

Parkes: Most likely no.

MacDonald: It will be reinvented as a trilogy.

Remember that when trying to figure out how much profit a Hollywood movie made. There are many hidden agreements we are not exposed to that takes money off the backend.

I remember reading in entertainment weekly or Premiere magazine, Smith said there was a better chance of a "Wild, Wild West" sequel than a MiB one for just this reason. I was stunned when a sequel was announced in 2001. Why would they keep making movies this big, that couldn't possibly turn a buck?

But, even smaller ones like The Crow has similar issues. Daymond John from Shark Tank admitted last year on the show, he has yet to see a return on his investment twenty years ago. Here we are three sequels later, also a TV show and an "anticipated" reboot.

Sony going down a different path again. But this could potentially work.

Men In Black 4 Will Feature Female Agent as a Lead

The next Men in Black film will include a female agent in a "prominent" way, producer Laurie MacDonald told BBC's Newsbeat.

"There will be a prominent woman in black in the fourth," she said, not giving any other big information about the movie. "We are quite early on it," she explained.