• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #1 scam on ebay

28 posts in this topic

Number 1 rule of scamming is engage your target-you can't do that if you're ignoring them. They should go back to scammer school.

Number 1 rule of scamming is engage your target-you can't do that if you're ignoring them. They should go back to scammer school.

Maybe they flunked out of scammer school.....they could have gotten their GED in scamming, maybe?

all that information about action #1-nothing about the actual book he's supposedly selling.

yeah if I was sellin action #1 I'd use a stock photo. oh yeah and I'd probly sell er for a couple grand.

Item location said mexico, new york.

Mexico, NY is about 25 to miles north of Syracuse.

Didn't know there was a city in NY named Mexico lol

lol I did not know this either! I learned something new today.

ah ok in all that bs i found what he was actually selling:

you will get an image of the acion comics issue 1 this is only a photo of issue 1 front cover. it is not the comic. champion of the oppressed....

looks like he's a judge judy fan:

I also cannot figure out what's for sale...

Looks like a Wikipedia entry for Action 1, with a sales pitch for Metro..

While carefully mentioning all the reprints and new 52 issue.

But never actually saying the magic phase "You are bidding on a reprint" or "This is a reprint." Which is kind of essential for the scam, if I recall. Besides, with Ebay's 'gotta take returns within 180 days' policy, doesn't this make this kind of difficult anyways?

ah ok in all that bs i found what he was actually selling:

you will get an image of the acion comics issue 1 this is only a photo of issue 1 front cover. it is not the comic. champion of the oppressed....

looks like he's a judge judy fan:

So whomever wins it can say it's not as described since he'll send a photo of Action Comics #1 rather than acion comics #1? hm