• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

What makes you feel like you deserve a job that you love and pays well?

Why do you deserve it more than the person working full time and going to school full time? Or the person working 2 jobs to take care of his family?

Why do you deserve it more than the soldier fighting for his country?

Why do you deserve it more than the soccer player born with innate skills and crazy work ethic?

Why do you deserve it more than the PHD student who has done 15 years of schooling AFTER high school including research that might actually HELP someone someday?

Why do you deserve it more than every other person who finished college? or trade school? Or served in the military? OR doesn't have emotional issues?

Do you deserve it more than every single person with more business experience, sense, education, or experience than you?

Do you even deserve it more than the son who's dad buys him a comic book store? Why or why not?

Why on earth would you be entitled to a job you enjoy AND pays well? What if you had a passion for something but it didn't pay well? Or what if you had a valuable talent, but you didn't enjoy it?

You can find joy, honor (more than you'll ever have), and respect in ANY honest job, done diligently and with pride.

And if you want to find something you enjoy but pays well, why the eff are you even remotely interested in comics? How many full time comic dealers on the planet do you think pull down six figures? And how many are in Canada? Do you have any idea? You probably have a better shot at joining the CFL or being a rodeo clown.

You are currently a million miles away from even THINKING about a job that pays well that you enjoy. You can work towards one, but your level of entitlement (especially when coupled with your political views) is absurdly disheartening and frustrating. You're not operating in a reality that actually exists. You're operating in an addicts spiral, exacerbated by mental, emotional, and learning issues, mixed with healthy doses of questionable (at best) entitlement world views.

Edited by Revat

with the comic things I want to prove to those that don't believe I can get out of debt in comics and stay in the red forever.

Why?

Two reasons

1) To prove it to myself that I can do it

2) All my life I would give up and quit when things got hard and comics is something I'm sticking with

maybe you should stick with school.

isn't school cheaper in Canada? get an apprenticeship, train yourself to get some useful certifications or pass some government tests. None of this will be done for you, it will NEVER just fall into YOUR lap, you may see it happen to other people, but you HAVE TO ACCEPT that you will have to fight YOUR WHOLE LIFE to just be equal. And it can be done, and you can be successful, but you have to be 10x the man you are now.

What would you do if you were a brand new immigrant to Canada, and you had no applicable skills and not a ton of money? You need to bring that urgency to the table, the gratefulness for the opportunity, because that has value to an employer. Otherwise, literally what are you bringing? The fact that you're white and speak English? Fine, just go get paid for a green card marriage and play video games all day.

Why do you deserve it more than the person working full time and going to school full time? Or the person working 2 jobs to take care of his family?

Why do you deserve it more than the soccer player born with innate skills and crazy work ethic?

Why do you deserve it more than the PHD student who has done 15 years of schooling AFTER high school including research that might actually HELP someone someday?

Why do you deserve it more than every other person who finished college? or trade school? Or served in the military? OR doesn't have emotional issues?

Do you deserve it more than every single person with more business experience, sense, education, or experience than you?

Do you even deserve it more than the son who's dad buys him a comic book store? Why or why not?

Why on earth would you be entitled to a job you enjoy AND pays well? What if you had a passion for something but it didn't pay well? Or what if you had a valuable talent, but you didn't enjoy it?

You can find joy, honor (more than you'll ever have), and respect in ANY honest job, done diligently and with pride.

And if you want to find something you enjoy but pays well, why the eff are you even remotely interested in comics? How many full time comic dealers on the planet do you think pull down six figures? And how many are in Canada? Do you have any idea? You probably have a better shot at joining the CFL or being a rodeo clown.

You are currently a million miles away from even THINKING about a job that pays well that you enjoy. You can work towards one, but your level of entitlement (especially when coupled with your political views) is absurdly disheartening and frustrating. You're not operating in a reality that actually exists. You're operating in an addicts spiral, exacerbated by mental, emotional, and learning issues, mixed with healthy doses of questionable (at best) entitlement world views.

I never said I should get one immediately and without any effort but everyone deserves something career wise that makes them happy. I'm not responsible and shouldn't be responsible for the actions of others like all those examples you mentioned, I never forced their choices upon them. I'm interested in comics because I can make money with them and I read some of them as well. Again you're saying it like I want a amazing job now and that's not right it's something to work towards. I don't talk politics on here for more then one reason.

Inventory Update

Total Comics Bought $11,048.55

Total Comics sold $10,424.16

Inventory $1448

Loss $624.39

Not yet sold: 27

Comics Lost on: 28

Big Comics VS Little Comics Comparison

Little Books

Bought $2455.12+247.01+699.53=$3401.68

Sold $4007.43+1679.24=$5686.67

Losses $1079.43+637.19= $1716.62

Profit $568.37

Big Books

Bought $5329.03

Sold $2340

Losses $2989.03

Dear God - your basic book keeping skills are heart breaking. Please explain your math on the little books section. $3,401.68 bought and $5,686.67 sold but you had $1,716.62 in loss but $568.37 in profits???

This is what really matters:

Inventory $1448

If your numbers are correct then it looks like you will be up $823.61 when you sell the rest of your inventory. This is assuming your sold number has subtracted fees and all cost to sell the books.

I'm assuming the inventory number is what he paid for it...who knows what it'll actually sell for.

I think most reasonable people would come to the conclusion that after 3 years and being in the red, that it might not be the best business for them.

:facepalm:

The inventory is not how much I paid for it that's already calculated in how much I bought everything for and everything is starting to finally move forward.

Any idea how much the rest of your books (inventory) will sell for based on previous sales?

About 500-750

Wait, nobody else picked up on the fact that by his own accounting he has $1,448 in inventory that he expects to sell for between $500-750?

Who can keep track of it with his odd style of book keeping. Little books, big books...books that end in the letter Y.

(shrug)

Little books are anything 350 and under, Big Books are anything 350 and up

LITTLE books are $350.00?? Are you freaking kidding me? You work (maybe) 20 hours a week and make, what, $11.40 per hour. That means you make about $228.00 per week, before taxes. And you're sitting there and saying that buying a comic book for $122.00 more than you make in a WEEK is little?? Your best bet is that coming up with excuses for constantly screwing up ever becomes a paying career. If that ever happens, you'll have more money than your buddy Donald Trump.

with the comic things I want to prove to those that don't believe I can get out of debt in comics and stay in the red forever.

Why?

Two reasons

2) All my life I would give up and quit when things got hard and comics is something I'm sticking with

maybe you should stick with school.

isn't school cheaper in Canada? get an apprenticeship, train yourself to get some useful certifications or pass some government tests. None of this will be done for you, it will NEVER just fall into YOUR lap, you may see it happen to other people, but you HAVE TO ACCEPT that you will have to fight YOUR WHOLE LIFE to just be equal. And it can be done, and you can be successful, but you have to be 10x the man you are now.

What would you do if you were a brand new immigrant to Canada, and you had no applicable skills and not a ton of money? You need to bring that urgency to the table, the gratefulness for the opportunity, because that has value to an employer. Otherwise, literally what are you bringing? The fact that you're white and speak English? Fine, just go get paid for a green card marriage and play video games all day.

Compared to the States yes it's cheaper. I wanted to be a welder and I've talked to other welders they said you need to have a steady hand. I don't know what I want to do but I do know getting a job with more hours will help until I figure out what I want.

I never said I should get one immediately and without any effort but everyone deserves something career wise that makes them happy. I'm not responsible and shouldn't be responsible for the actions of others like all those examples you mentioned, I never forced their choices upon them. I'm interested in comics because I can make money with them and I read some of them as well. Again you're saying it like I want a amazing job now and that's not right it's something to work towards. I don't talk politics on here for more then one reason.

the point is that its all linked, even though you aren't making the connections. You haven't found the right low-level job or training, because you haven't found the right career to work for, which conveniently allows you to stay in this holding pattern until you decide, as if you deciding or 'finding your passion' is your biggest hurdle. And you have to 'prove it to yourself', which conveniently allows you to keep buying/selling comics until you're square, which might be NEVER, and could take years. You have so many OTHER THINGS TO OVERCOME before worrying about your future career or your passion or selling comics for profit that you SHOULD BE WORKING ON NOW. You're holding to these idealized fantasies for no reason, and they're paralyzing you. If I just turn a few profits on comics and find my passion, everything will be cool....

Inventory Update

Inventory $1448

Loss $624.39

Little Books

Profit $568.37

Big Books

Bought $5329.03

Sold $2340

Losses $2989.03

Dear God - your basic book keeping skills are heart breaking. Please explain your math on the little books section. $3,401.68 bought and $5,686.67 sold but you had $1,716.62 in loss but $568.37 in profits???

Inventory $1448

If your numbers are correct then it looks like you will be up $823.61 when you sell the rest of your inventory. This is assuming your sold number has subtracted fees and all cost to sell the books.

I'm assuming the inventory number is what he paid for it...who knows what it'll actually sell for.

I think most reasonable people would come to the conclusion that after 3 years and being in the red, that it might not be the best business for them.

The inventory is not how much I paid for it that's already calculated in how much I bought everything for and everything is starting to finally move forward.

Any idea how much the rest of your books (inventory) will sell for based on previous sales?

About 500-750

Wait, nobody else picked up on the fact that by his own accounting he has $1,448 in inventory that he expects to sell for between $500-750?

Who can keep track of it with his odd style of book keeping. Little books, big books...books that end in the letter Y.

(shrug)

LITTLE books are $350.00?? Are you freaking kidding me? You work (maybe) 20 hours a week and make, what, $11.40 per hour. That means you make about $228.00 per week, before taxes. And you're sitting there and saying that buying a comic book for $122.00 more than you make in a WEEK is little?? Your best bet is that coming up with excuses for constantly screwing up ever becomes a paying career. If that ever happens, you'll have more money than your buddy Donald Trump.

What was am supposed to call those comics? Compared to 800 and 1k they are small. I did this because I've had people ask me.

Inventory Update

Inventory $1448

Loss $624.39

Little Books

Profit $568.37

Big Books

Bought $5329.03

Sold $2340

Losses $2989.03

Inventory $1448

About 500-750

(shrug)

What was am supposed to call those comics? Compared to 800 and 1k they are small. I did this because I've had people ask me.

Are you for real? Nobody, but nobody, is that dense. Here's what you call them:

1) Comics you made money on ( a very, very small pile)

and

2) Comics you lost money on ( a very, very big pile)

That's it. Two columns. No big, no little, just plus or minus. On a positive note though, you can take a 3x5 index card, write "Comics I made a profit on" at the top and go the rest of your life without ever filling it up. (thumbs u

Inventory Update

Inventory $1448

Loss $624.39

Little Books

Profit $568.37

Big Books

Bought $5329.03

Sold $2340

Losses $2989.03

Inventory $1448

About 500-750

(shrug)

Are you for real? Nobody, but nobody, is that dense. Here's what you call them:

1) Comics you made money on ( a very, very small pile)

and

2) Comics you lost money on ( a very, very big pile)

That's it. Two columns. No big, no little, just plus or minus. On a positive note though, you can take a 3x5 index card, write "Comics I made a profit on" at the top and go the rest of your life without ever filling it up. (thumbs u

That's not what I meant I meant someone asked me to make a list of big comics I bought and sold and little comics I bought and sold that's what I gave them my inventory list already has everything added.

Edited by uchiha101

the point is that its all linked, even though you aren't making the connections. You haven't found the right low-level job or training, because you haven't found the right career to work for, which conveniently allows you to stay in this holding pattern until you decide, as if you deciding or 'finding your passion' is your biggest hurdle. And you have to 'prove it to yourself', which conveniently allows you to keep buying/selling comics until you're square, which might be NEVER, and could take years. You have so many OTHER THINGS TO OVERCOME before worrying about your future career or your passion or selling comics for profit that you SHOULD BE WORKING ON NOW. You're holding to these idealized fantasies for no reason, and they're paralyzing you. If I just turn a few profits on comics and find my passion, everything will be cool....

I do have to prove it to myself and what is my biggest hurdle then? That you think this is a fantasy? I'm already drawing close to breaking even and I started following James's advice about buying smaller which means I'll make less mistakes and more profits with much less risk so it won't take forever but since on one believes me the numbers will do the talking for me.

Gabe,

From reading this thread it is clear that your "career guide or whatever you call them" that you put so glibly, isn't the problem.

YOU ARE.

If you actually have a professional counselor(s), I encourage you to let them read this thread and see what they think but I suspect that you don't listen to them either.

Fact is, you want to deal in comics because you think it is cool and fun and hip and not something you would have to ever actually break a sweat over.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!

24580991749_4c8e26c550_b.jpg

You deserve what you earn in life.

Anything else are gifts, gravy and icing on the cake.

So, on top of buying comics you are also buying video games it seems at an increased rate. That is just fantastic!!!

I picked up a lot of 50+ video games on ebay in as is condition and if they all work it's a great deal and as always if you're interested in something comment below or messaged me.

So all that cost you $100...Was that Canadian or USD? Does that price include shipping? How much of it have you sold?

"I picked this up because of the rare gba sp colors and the ags 101 sp plus the fact that it had Pokemon sapphire and Pokemon black 2 which I thought I saw but couldn't tell because it was blurry so I took a chance".

So was that lot $130 CDN or USD? Is shipping included in that? Did they all work, are you going to have to put out more cash or did you for anything that did not work?

Admittedly, I know nothing about these games but how much do you figure you will be able to make on resale?

Also, I hope you are paying your sister for helping you make your videos.

No you can't, you're in the loss column after 3 years. You can say you can make money with them all you like, but up to now you have not.

Getting a handle on your emotions and impulses is not suddenly going to upgrade your business acumen.

This is not going to change your inability to barely grasp anything but the simplest aspects of flipping

This is not going to change how it appears you need your hand held virtually every step of the way.

This is not going to change how you ignore most of the good advice given you.

And it's not going to change the fact that you're just plain bad at this.

It won't upgrade my business acumen but I think you're missing the point, the majority of my losses are from my emotions and once I get a handle on it I will be in the green or very close to it that I can promise you and since you like examples I'll give you some

I wouldn't have bought or overpaid for GSX 1 $355

JLA # 1 NG $210

Bat 4 $223

Betty and Veronica 320 $470

Infinity gauntlet's 9.8 x5 and 9.6 x2 $985.60

X-men 266 9.6 graded $337.50

ASM 129 CGC 8.0 $966

Total money saved $3324.10

So when you tell me my control of emotions won't help things I have to say I disagree

I'm missing the point? Seriously?

:idea: Just substitute the word "emotions" with "stupidity" and everything will make much more sense.

So, on top of buying comics you are also buying video games it seems at an increased rate. That is just fantastic!!!

I picked up a lot of 50+ video games on ebay in as is condition and if they all work it's a great deal and as always if you're interested in something comment below or messaged me.

So all that cost you $100...Was that Canadian or USD? Does that price include shipping? How much of it have you sold?

"I picked this up because of the rare gba sp colors and the ags 101 sp plus the fact that it had Pokemon sapphire and Pokemon black 2 which I thought I saw but couldn't tell because it was blurry so I took a chance".

So was that lot $130 CDN or USD? Is shipping included in that? Did they all work, are you going to have to put out more cash or did you for anything that did not work?

Admittedly, I know nothing about these games but how much do you figure you will be able to make on resale?

Also, I hope you are paying your sister for helping you make your videos.

So the $11 per week budget only applies to comics?

How does a guy, who was previously on government assistance, still live at home and only works 20 or so hours at a minimum wage job even afford, much less have the nerve to spend $11,000 + on comic books?

Something is seriously rotten about that.

Gabe, think of work (as in a job) as profit. How much "profit" would you have, say if you had been working 40 hours a week at a minimum wage job instead of your current 20 hours and not "dealing" in comics? What if you put in that time "dealing" to actually got yourself another 20 hours per week?

I GUARANTEE you would be MUCH further ahead in life.

Let's look at it shall we? These won't be exact but will give you an indication of how much further ahead you really could be if you actually, you know, WORKED an extra 20 hours per week on top of your current measly 20 hours per week.

20 hours per week x 11.25 pay per hour (yes it has not always been $11.25 but let's just use that figure as it was that for the past year and will be moving up to $11.40 on October 1st) = $225 per week. $225 per week x 52 Weeks = $11,700 per year.

$11,700 income x 3 Years = $35,100.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By working three years at an extra 20 hours per week, you would have netted yourself an extra $35,100 (again, not accounting for taxes, missed/sick days, etc., etc., etc.) How does that "stack up" for you? How does an extra $30,000 grand or so measure up against negative $600 or whatever you are at for "dealing" in comics? Even if it was only HALF that amount you would still be LIGHT YEARS ahead of where you are now.

Look at those numbers. Is ANYTHING sinking in????

The numbers sink in but I'm not doing this for a living right now it's something I'm doing on the side, also I'm working with my career guide or whatever he is and it's not working out yet.

You need to get yourself another career guide because he isn't doing anything for your career. It's his fault for you being in the pathetic situation you're in.

Why?

Two reasons

Why don't you try with the easy stuff like getting your hair and nails trimmed and proper hygiene first? If you can't do something simple like that then what makes you think you can make a profit? Your "emotions" have nothing to do with not looking like a slob.

How does a guy, who was previously on government assistance, still live at home and only works 20 or so hours at a minimum wage job even afford, much less have the nerve to spend $11,000 + on comic books?

Something is seriously rotten about that.

Gabe, think of work (as in a job) as profit. How much "profit" would you have, say if you had been working 40 hours a week at a minimum wage job instead of your current 20 hours and not "dealing" in comics? What if you put in that time "dealing" to actually got yourself another 20 hours per week?

I GUARANTEE you would be MUCH further ahead in life.

Let's look at it shall we? These won't be exact but will give you an indication of how much further ahead you really could be if you actually, you know, WORKED an extra 20 hours per week on top of your current measly 20 hours per week.

20 hours per week x 11.25 pay per hour (yes it has not always been $11.25 but let's just use that figure as it was that for the past year and will be moving up to $11.40 on October 1st) = $225 per week. $225 per week x 52 Weeks = $11,700 per year.

$11,700 income x 3 Years = $35,100.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By working three years at an extra 20 hours per week, you would have netted yourself an extra $35,100 (again, not accounting for taxes, missed/sick days, etc., etc., etc.) How does that "stack up" for you? How does an extra $30,000 grand or so measure up against negative $600 or whatever you are at for "dealing" in comics? Even if it was only HALF that amount you would still be LIGHT YEARS ahead of where you are now.

Look at those numbers. Is ANYTHING sinking in????

The numbers sink in but I'm not doing this for a living right now it's something I'm doing on the side, also I'm working with my career guide or whatever he is and it's not working out yet.

You need to get yourself another career guide because he isn't doing anything for your career. It's his fault for you being in the pathetic situation you're in.

You're not doing anything for a living. Your parents are earning a living, and your happily sponging off of them. I'm guessing your "Career Guide" (it's interesting that you don't even know what his job title is) probably isn't giving you the advice you want to hear, so "it's not working out". Keep looking, sooner or later you might find one to give you the life direction you're looking for. I'm guessing it'll go something like: Stay living at home, put your thumb up your rear end and keep on doing something that you have failed at for years. Keep away money that you don't have, and whatever you do, never, ever get a full time job, because hey, the world always has room for one more freeloader.

holy :censored:

I go away for a little bit and things just go :ohnoez:

I need the last hour of my life back

I might have missed it - but did anyone ask for Janet to pose in a bikini yet????

8 8