• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Inventory Update

Total Comics Bought $11,048.55

Total Comics sold $10,424.16

Inventory $1448

Loss $624.39

Not yet sold: 27

Comics Lost on: 28

Big Comics VS Little Comics Comparison

Little Books

Bought $2455.12+247.01+699.53=$3401.68

Sold $4007.43+1679.24=$5686.67

Losses $1079.43+637.19= $1716.62

Profit $568.37

Big Books

Bought $5329.03

Sold $2340

Losses $2989.03

Dear God - your basic book keeping skills are heart breaking. Please explain your math on the little books section. $3,401.68 bought and $5,686.67 sold but you had $1,716.62 in loss but $568.37 in profits???

This is what really matters:

Inventory $1448

If your numbers are correct then it looks like you will be up $823.61 when you sell the rest of your inventory. This is assuming your sold number has subtracted fees and all cost to sell the books.

I'm assuming the inventory number is what he paid for it...who knows what it'll actually sell for.

I think most reasonable people would come to the conclusion that after 3 years and being in the red, that it might not be the best business for them.

:facepalm:

The inventory is not how much I paid for it that's already calculated in how much I bought everything for and everything is starting to finally move forward.

Any idea how much the rest of your books (inventory) will sell for based on previous sales?

About 500-750

Wait, nobody else picked up on the fact that by his own accounting he has $1,448 in inventory that he expects to sell for between $500-750?

Because the 500-750 is conservative and I haven't gone over my inventory completely I just update my buys, sales and losses

Jeezus...what kind of bookkeeping is that? Its so sad that that garbage actually makes sense to you.

Inventory Update

Inventory $1448

Loss $624.39

Little Books

Profit $568.37

Big Books

Bought $5329.03

Sold $2340

Losses $2989.03

Dear God - your basic book keeping skills are heart breaking. Please explain your math on the little books section. $3,401.68 bought and $5,686.67 sold but you had $1,716.62 in loss but $568.37 in profits???

Inventory $1448

If your numbers are correct then it looks like you will be up $823.61 when you sell the rest of your inventory. This is assuming your sold number has subtracted fees and all cost to sell the books.

I'm assuming the inventory number is what he paid for it...who knows what it'll actually sell for.

I think most reasonable people would come to the conclusion that after 3 years and being in the red, that it might not be the best business for them.

The inventory is not how much I paid for it that's already calculated in how much I bought everything for and everything is starting to finally move forward.

Any idea how much the rest of your books (inventory) will sell for based on previous sales?

About 500-750

Wait, nobody else picked up on the fact that by his own accounting he has $1,448 in inventory that he expects to sell for between $500-750?

Because the 500-750 is conservative and I haven't gone over my inventory completely I just update my buys, sales and losses

Jeezus...what kind of bookkeeping is that? Its so sad that that garbage actually makes sense to you.

eh - just like his rush to buy things - he is posting the accounting too quickly -

he is probably taking into account buy price - sell price - maybe even fees....

but he is most likely leaving out a lot of stuff -

First of all you're going to have to grease the local politicians for the sudden zoning problems that always come up. Then there's the kickbacks to the carpenters, and if you plan on using any cement in this building I'm sure the teamsters would like to have a little chat with ya, and that'll cost ya. Oh and don't forget a little something for the building inspectors. Then there's long term costs such as waste disposal. I don't know if you're familiar with who runs that business but I assure you it's not the boyscouts.

Gabe,

From reading this thread it is clear that your "career guide or whatever you call them" that you put so glibly, isn't the problem.

YOU ARE.

If you actually have a professional counselor(s), I encourage you to let them read this thread and see what they think but I suspect that you don't listen to them either.

Fact is, you want to deal in comics because you think it is cool and fun and hip and not something you would have to ever actually break a sweat over.

Cool and hip? I do like comics and enjoy reading some of them but I'm doing this to make money.

What makes you feel like you deserve a job that you love and pays well?

Why do you deserve it more than the person working full time and going to school full time? Or the person working 2 jobs to take care of his family?

Why do you deserve it more than the soldier fighting for his country?

Why do you deserve it more than the soccer player born with innate skills and crazy work ethic?

Why do you deserve it more than the PHD student who has done 15 years of schooling AFTER high school including research that might actually HELP someone someday?

Why do you deserve it more than every other person who finished college? or trade school? Or served in the military? OR doesn't have emotional issues?

Do you deserve it more than every single person with more business experience, sense, education, or experience than you?

Do you even deserve it more than the son who's dad buys him a comic book store? Why or why not?

Why on earth would you be entitled to a job you enjoy AND pays well? What if you had a passion for something but it didn't pay well? Or what if you had a valuable talent, but you didn't enjoy it?

You can find joy, honor (more than you'll ever have), and respect in ANY honest job, done diligently and with pride.

And if you want to find something you enjoy but pays well, why the eff are you even remotely interested in comics? How many full time comic dealers on the planet do you think pull down six figures? And how many are in Canada? Do you have any idea? You probably have a better shot at joining the CFL or being a rodeo clown.

You are currently a million miles away from even THINKING about a job that pays well that you enjoy. You can work towards one, but your level of entitlement (especially when coupled with your political views) is absurdly disheartening and frustrating. You're not operating in a reality that actually exists. You're operating in an addicts spiral, exacerbated by mental, emotional, and learning issues, mixed with healthy doses of questionable (at best) entitlement world views.

I never said I should get one immediately and without any effort but everyone deserves something career wise that makes them happy. I'm not responsible and shouldn't be responsible for the actions of others like all those examples you mentioned, I never forced their choices upon them. I'm interested in comics because I can make money with them and I read some of them as well. Again you're saying it like I want a amazing job now and that's not right it's something to work towards. I don't talk politics on here for more then one reason.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!

24580991749_4c8e26c550_b.jpg

You deserve what you earn in life.

Anything else are gifts, gravy and icing on the cake.

Why do you keep thinking I'm talking about the present?

So, on top of buying comics you are also buying video games it seems at an increased rate. That is just fantastic!!!

I picked up a lot of 50+ video games on ebay in as is condition and if they all work it's a great deal and as always if you're interested in something comment below or messaged me.

So all that cost you $100...Was that Canadian or USD? Does that price include shipping? How much of it have you sold?

"I picked this up because of the rare gba sp colors and the ags 101 sp plus the fact that it had Pokemon sapphire and Pokemon black 2 which I thought I saw but couldn't tell because it was blurry so I took a chance".

So was that lot $130 CDN or USD? Is shipping included in that? Did they all work, are you going to have to put out more cash or did you for anything that did not work?

Admittedly, I know nothing about these games but how much do you figure you will be able to make on resale?

Also, I hope you are paying your sister for helping you make your videos.

Did you check the date of the video? the 50+ games lot was 100usd shipped and so far I've sold 30usd of it

The second lot you see everything but one works as I don't have the charger and after everything is said and done I should make 200 and I don't pay my sister she helps with video I help clean her room.

Why do you deserve it more than the person working full time and going to school full time? Or the person working 2 jobs to take care of his family?

Why do you deserve it more than the soccer player born with innate skills and crazy work ethic?

Why do you deserve it more than the PHD student who has done 15 years of schooling AFTER high school including research that might actually HELP someone someday?

Why do you deserve it more than every other person who finished college? or trade school? Or served in the military? OR doesn't have emotional issues?

Do you deserve it more than every single person with more business experience, sense, education, or experience than you?

Do you even deserve it more than the son who's dad buys him a comic book store? Why or why not?

Why on earth would you be entitled to a job you enjoy AND pays well? What if you had a passion for something but it didn't pay well? Or what if you had a valuable talent, but you didn't enjoy it?

You can find joy, honor (more than you'll ever have), and respect in ANY honest job, done diligently and with pride.

And if you want to find something you enjoy but pays well, why the eff are you even remotely interested in comics? How many full time comic dealers on the planet do you think pull down six figures? And how many are in Canada? Do you have any idea? You probably have a better shot at joining the CFL or being a rodeo clown.

You are currently a million miles away from even THINKING about a job that pays well that you enjoy. You can work towards one, but your level of entitlement (especially when coupled with your political views) is absurdly disheartening and frustrating. You're not operating in a reality that actually exists. You're operating in an addicts spiral, exacerbated by mental, emotional, and learning issues, mixed with healthy doses of questionable (at best) entitlement world views.

I never said I should get one immediately and without any effort but everyone deserves something career wise that makes them happy. I'm not responsible and shouldn't be responsible for the actions of others like all those examples you mentioned, I never forced their choices upon them. I'm interested in comics because I can make money with them and I read some of them as well. Again you're saying it like I want a amazing job now and that's not right it's something to work towards. I don't talk politics on here for more then one reason.

No you can't, you're in the loss column after 3 years. You can say you can make money with them all you like, but up to now you have not.

Because I've never had my mistakes pointed out to me like this and I've got a budget to.

Getting a handle on your emotions and impulses is not suddenly going to upgrade your business acumen.

This is not going to change your inability to barely grasp anything but the simplest aspects of flipping

This is not going to change how it appears you need your hand held virtually every step of the way.

This is not going to change how you ignore most of the good advice given you.

And it's not going to change the fact that you're just plain bad at this.

It won't upgrade my business acumen but I think you're missing the point, the majority of my losses are from my emotions and once I get a handle on it I will be in the green or very close to it that I can promise you and since you like examples I'll give you some

I wouldn't have bought or overpaid for GSX 1 $355

JLA # 1 NG $210

Bat 4 $223

Betty and Veronica 320 $470

Infinity gauntlet's 9.8 x5 and 9.6 x2 $985.60

X-men 266 9.6 graded $337.50

ASM 129 CGC 8.0 $966

Total money saved $3324.10

So when you tell me my control of emotions won't help things I have to say I disagree

I'm missing the point? Seriously?

:idea: Just substitute the word "emotions" with "stupidity" and everything will make much more sense.

emotions don't equal stupidity

Inventory Update

Inventory $1448

Loss $624.39

Little Books

Profit $568.37

Big Books

Bought $5329.03

Sold $2340

Losses $2989.03

Inventory $1448

About 500-750

It's my bookkeeping and it does make sense to me because I'm doing it and for those wondering why I don't really add up my inventory it's because I can make estimates but that's not what things sell for it most cases and it's already been calculated with all I've bought.

Inventory Update

Inventory $1448

Loss $624.39

Little Books

Profit $568.37

Big Books

Bought $5329.03

Sold $2340

Losses $2989.03

Inventory $1448

About 500-750

eh - just like his rush to buy things - he is posting the accounting too quickly -

he is probably taking into account buy price - sell price - maybe even fees....

but he is most likely leaving out a lot of stuff -

First of all you're going to have to grease the local politicians for the sudden zoning problems that always come up. Then there's the kickbacks to the carpenters, and if you plan on using any cement in this building I'm sure the teamsters would like to have a little chat with ya, and that'll cost ya. Oh and don't forget a little something for the building inspectors. Then there's long term costs such as waste disposal. I don't know if you're familiar with who runs that business but I assure you it's not the boyscouts.

I calculate things like this

How much I bought - How much I sold = Profit

I just include losses for myself to see how well I'm doing and yes every fee is already calculated into this.

holy :censored:

I go away for a little bit and things just go :ohnoez:

I need the last hour of my life back

I might have missed it - but did anyone ask for Janet to pose in a bikini yet????

:gossip: you missed the political science lessons...

Don't forget a lesson about history

No you can't, you're in the loss column after 3 years. You can say you can make money with them all you like, but up to now you have not.

Because I've never had my mistakes pointed out to me like this and I've got a budget to.

The only "mistake" you needed to pay attention to was the - in front of the $ sign. You don't need anyone else to point that out.

Gabe,

From reading this thread it is clear that your "career guide or whatever you call them" that you put so glibly, isn't the problem.

YOU ARE.

If you actually have a professional counselor(s), I encourage you to let them read this thread and see what they think but I suspect that you don't listen to them either.

Fact is, you want to deal in comics because you think it is cool and fun and hip and not something you would have to ever actually break a sweat over.

Cool and hip? I do like comics and enjoy reading some of them but I'm doing this to make money.

You would have just as much luck throwing money into a wishing well at this point.

I might have missed it - but did anyone ask for Janet to pose in a bikini yet????

Recent history shows you investing over 11k into comics over the last 3 years and showing a loss.

The only "mistake" you needed to pay attention to was the - in front of the $ sign. You don't need anyone else to point that out.

That's for my reference

Gabe,

YOU ARE.

You would have just as much luck throwing money into a wishing well at this point.

I wouldn't have learned anything then

Recent history shows you investing over 11k into comics over the last 3 years and showing a loss.

Not the history I was talking about but I did check when I first started buying and selling comics was 2 years ago not 3 so that's not much of a plus side but it is better

Edited by uchiha101

Gabe,

YOU ARE.

I wouldn't have learned anything then

And what have you learned over the last 3 years...when it comes to comics flipping. I've learned something, but I think it's not the same thing as you think it is.

Not the history I was talking about

Only history that really matters for the purposes of this journal IMHO.

8 8