• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

75% Profit over investment seems pretty good to me

:shrug:

Any profit is good profit. But when you're 4 figures in the hole and not exactly pumping and dumping product, a $50 hit doesn't seem terribly exciting to me (shrug)

it's going to take a while to get rid of that hole unless he finds an incredible deal somewhere or invests a large amount of money in 1-2 books and we've seen how that can go.

I agree of course. If he can continue to make the little hits consistently and occasionally get a nice score like the Hulk 180 he could do OK for himself.

Any profit is good profit. But when you're 4 figures in the hole and not exactly pumping and dumping product, a $50 hit doesn't seem terribly exciting to me (shrug)

it's going to take a while to get rid of that hole unless he finds an incredible deal somewhere or invests a large amount of money in 1-2 books and we've seen how that can go.

I agree of course. If he can continue to make the little hits consistently and occasionally get a nice score like the Hulk 180 he could do OK for himself.

I'm glad we can agree that I was right and you were wrong. Success!

I'm glad we can agree that I was right and you were wrong. Success!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day (shrug)

Yes and no. The debt can be paid off quickly if I don't make mistakes like overpaying and making sure I can make a profit on them.

Comics sold

Gwenpool secret wars

Batman 361, 365

You don't have to, but I would find it interesting if you listed paid for / sold for as well. Up to you of course :foryou:

Sure

Gwenpool Secret wars Paid $0 Sold for $15.22

Batman 361 Paid $1.31 Sold $2

Batman 365 Paid $1.31 Sold $2

Comics sold

Gwenpool secret wars

Batman 361, 365

You don't have to, but I would find it interesting if you listed paid for / sold for as well. Up to you of course :foryou:

I asked this too, and he did it just the one time I asked.

Gabe, please do this each time you post a purchase or sale for easy scorekeeping.

Comics sold

Gwenpool secret wars

Batman 361, 365

Sure

Fees paid? I find it unlikely that all three sales prices after fees were exact dollar amounts.

Comics sold

Gwenpool secret wars

Batman 361, 365

I asked this too, and he did it just the one time I asked.

Gabe, please do this each time you post a purchase or sale for easy scorekeeping.

Ok from now on I'll do that

Comics sold

Gwenpool secret wars

Batman 361, 365

Sure

Fees paid? I find it unlikely that all three sales prices after fees were exact dollar amounts.

The gwenpool was a consignment and that's calculated after fees and the batman comics were brought from me outright so no fees or anything. That exact dollar amount is because I converted it to USD from CAD except the bats since they're from the long box I'm keeping that CAD for now

Edited by uchiha101

Comics sold

Gwenpool secret wars

Batman 361, 365

Sure

The gwenpool was a consignment and that's calculated after fees and the batman comics were brought from me outright so no fees or anything. That exact dollar amount is because I converted it to USD from CAD except the bats since they're from the long box I'm keeping that CAD for now

Your commission on the Gwenpool book was $15.22?

Comics sold

Gwenpool secret wars

Batman 361, 365

Sure

No that's what I got after fees and I got for it free which is why you see a zero is the buy column

Comics sold

Gwenpool secret wars

Batman 361, 365

Sure

No that's what I got after fees and I got for it free which is why you see a zero is the buy column

If the Gwenpool was a consignment what did you make on the book? If the book was yours it wasn't a consignment. If it was a consignment and you made $15.22 that would be your commission. If $15.22 was the sales price that wasn't what you got as a commission. Please clarify.

Comics sold

Gwenpool secret wars

Batman 361, 365

Sure

If the Gwenpool was a consignment what did you make on the book? If the book was yours it wasn't a consignment. If it was a consignment and you made $15.22 that would be your commission. If $15.22 was the sales price that wasn't what you got as a commission. Please clarify.

Ok I'll do my best

1) I got the comic for free

2) I sold it for 20 CAD after consignment fees because I took it to my local lcs for him to sell

3) I converted from CAD into USD

4) It equaled $15.22 USD profit since I got this comic for free

Edited by uchiha101

Comics sold

Gwenpool secret wars

Batman 361, 365

Sure

Ok I'll do my best

2) I sold it for 20 CAD after consignment fees because I took it to my local lcs for him to sell

That makes sense. I thought you meant the book had been consigned to you to sell for a client. My mistake.

How did you get it for free?

Comics sold

Gwenpool secret wars

Batman 361, 365

Sure

Ok I'll do my best

That makes sense. I thought you meant the book had been consigned to you to sell for a client. My mistake.

How did you get it for free?

I just post up ads looking for free comics and say anything will do. People know as well as I do that they can take up a lot of room so that works to my advantage as they'll be more willing to let it go. I've done it three times so far and sometimes it takes a while for a response but hey it's free.

Just think Gabe, if you find and make $125 on a mere 94 more flips this year, that would be the equivalent of working just another 20 hours per week at a minimum wage job for a year.

Sounds completely plausible to me for you.

The point of this right now isn't to have it overtake my job right now but do this as a side thing. Getting out of debt is just one of those steps as well as learning to be more aggressive in my offers and actually understanding the market of the book I'm buying as with the DV 3 CGC 9.8

Well, you didn't know the market of that DV #3, someone told you about it. The jury is still out on that one and don't quote the $90 and $100 sale because it needs to go up a LOT more for it to matter to you.

Yes you have a point but those sales were enough to push the 90 day average from 65 dollar to 74 which is about what I paid for shipping. Also another copy just sold for 110 and I watching the book before I bought it as well, the fact that people are willing to pay over gpa means this news is catching on and people are realizing this. I know my friend is that one that told me about it but I chose to listen to him as well.

What is the minimum price you could sell your DV #3 at and feel happy about it? I'm not saying selling it now either, I mean after any hype hits.

I would content with selling it for 140-150 which isn't too much of a stretch considering what they're going for right now and copies under 110 are being bought quickly.

Is that really worth your time? You paid $87, if it sells for $150 minus whatever fee / shipping your net could be $50 or less. I think unless you're going to start dealing in volume you should avoid books like these...just my opinion.

And yes, I realize at this point any profit is a good profit :)

I hate to encourage Gabe but, if I'm being honest, $40+/- profit on a book you paid under $100 for is really good. I'd do those kind of sales all day long.

8 8