• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

I like how some are applauding the DV3 purchase that "might" make him money at some point in the future. I don't think being negative by 4 figures should be buying spec books but hey maybe one day Aphra can become the next walking dead...or it can be like 95% of all spec books and crash for years.

December 2nd isn't that far off and neither is halloween. That said it's not like I'm going to hold the comic forever, as soon as I get the chance to sell it with the hype I will because it will happen.

I like how some are applauding the DV3 purchase that "might" make him money at some point in the future. I don't think being negative by 4 figures should be buying spec books but hey maybe one day Aphra can become the next walking dead...or it can be like 95% of all spec books and crash for years.

December 2nd isn't that far off and neither is halloween. That said it's not like I'm going to hold the comic forever, as soon as I get the chance to sell it with the hype I will because it will happen.

What does December 2nd have to do with nycc or fcbd?

What does Halloween have to do with nycc or fcbd?

What happens if your hope friend is wrong and your are waiting for months. Going to try and sell it or hold for another year hoping to see it move? Now the hype has died down a bit and you can only sell it for 70 shipped then what?

What happens if your hope friend is wrong and your are waiting for months. Going to try and sell it or hold for another year hoping to see it move? Now the hype has died down a bit and you can only sell it for 70 shipped then what?

December 2nd is that date when the trailer for her solo movie is going to air

Halloween is when they may announce her

I don't see my friend being wrong and they also announced they'll be doing a tv show about her. I won't be waiting too long on this and this is the cool down/price adjustment period so selling now would only guarantee I lose money.

I don't see my friend being wrong and they also announced they'll be doing a tv show about her. I won't be waiting too long on this and this is the cool down/price adjustment period so selling now would only guarantee I lose money.

Can you link to the TV show announcement? Thanks.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that would be a loss for him at that point.

Can you link to the TV show announcement? Thanks.

Sure let me find it

Maybe I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, but I cannot find any information about her solo movie anywhere. Normally on IMDB they'll at least have pre production information. (shrug)

Maybe I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, but I cannot find any information about her solo movie anywhere. Normally on IMDB they'll at least have pre production information. (shrug)

:gossip: That's because as it stands the only thing to do with aphra and hype is she is to be getting her own solo comic title (as per a leaked image and a tweet). No movie, no TV show.

Didn't you buy the Betty and Me like two weeks ago?

I did buy it two weeks ago but it was more cost efficient to make a little pile of comics and have me send that then one or two at a time.

Yeah, when iceman reminded me of that above I remembered that you did this.

Does your friend open any of these packages to check condition, check pages, etc? You may not want months to go by before you figure out that some of these deals that were too good to be true actually were just that.

No you're right it's not something that they said it's a read between the lines deal, they're staring with her new series and working their way to making the toys then the tv show and movie.

:gossip: That's because as it stands the only thing to do with aphra and hype is she is to be getting her own solo comic title (as per a leaked image and a tweet). No movie, no TV show.

For now

Didn't you buy the Betty and Me like two weeks ago?

I did buy it two weeks ago but it was more cost efficient to make a little pile of comics and have me send that then one or two at a time.

Yeah, when iceman reminded me of that above I remembered that you did this.

Does your friend open any of these packages to check condition, check pages, etc? You may not want months to go by before you figure out that some of these deals that were too good to be true actually were just that.

Yes he checks to make sure they are there and as described by the seller, he sends me pics and I give it approval before he ships it out.

For now

Of course. Disney is super excited to invest over $100 million on a solo Star Wars movie for a character who has been around for 22 comic book issues. That is definitely Disney's plan!

For now

Of course. Disney is super excited to invest over $100 million on a solo Star Wars movie for a character who has been around for 22 comic book issues. That is definitely Disney's plan!

Actually 25 and you're right they probably don't plan on doing it right now but if they didn't want to invest in her they wouldn't make toys of her and another new series right after the last DV comic.

No you're right it's not something that they said it's a read between the lines deal, they're staring with her new series and working their way to making the toys then the tv show and movie.

In that case I wouldn't have bought the slab if I were you. "I" might have considered it because I'm not in the hole, but IMHO you should've scooped up HG raw copies to sit on 2c

In that case I wouldn't have bought the slab if I were you. "I" might have considered it because I'm not in the hole, but IMHO you should've scooped up HG raw copies to sit on 2c

I have three HG copies and considering getting another from my lcs.

They have a trailer for a movie that hasn't begun pre-production? That seems...not correct.

8 8